GreaseSpot Cafe

Diets that work... Got any?

Hey Dot.

I am approaching the 3 week mark today...and got on the scale. I've lost 12 pounds now...and rarely have carbo cravings. But, having a broken foot, I haven't exercised, except sit ups, and my tummy looks like goey's hailstorm icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

I have been very strict on this diet. Last week, I started putting about 6 raspberries in diet jello...and took one leaf of fresh spinach that I feed my lops (lopped earred bunny rabbits)...my pee sticks are deep purple (the good sign).

As of today, Monday, I will begin bigger, more nutritious organic salads...stay on the 6 berries, and gradually add more carbos, check the pee sticks, until I lose 18 more pounds.

I go to the doc again today for x-rays, and hopefully my foot is better, so I can walk a tad...and tone the bod.

Exercise is major importance lest we be lumpy people.

I hope you are doing well on this diet. Some people can't handle it, physically. I have clients who lose remarkably on WW. Not all body types are alike. Because I am hypoglycemic, this diet seems to work for me most excellently.

How are you doing? Just wondering. icon_smile.gif:)-->

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My diet seems to be working!

I am watching my weight!....

GONNA GET IT OUT THERE WHERe I CAN REALLY SEE IT!

In the last four years I have gained 18 pounds.

At 45 my waiste is almost a full 8 inches larger than it was in 4th grade.

My fav diet food remains mint choc chip.

later

Thanks to 2life for mentioning Pure De-lite chocolate bars....hubby and I bought some. They are really good.

Dot, how is diet going?

Wacky, you have a private topic from me!!!!

The decisions we make today form our future.

Wacky, go to top of this screen, see 'my space', click on it and it drops down, then click on 'private topics'. Click on it and you will see one from me. Hope this helps.

Dot, dont give up....we are rooting for you.

acts2...How would I have known you have a private topic waiting for me unless you told me? Is there another way to flag me about it?

Dot...I am sorry the process seems so slow. For some weird reason, I have lost 15 pounds this 3 weeks on this thread.

I have to stop now tho, for my vacation, and because I haven't been able to exercise due to my broken foot.

10 to go and toning....I'm still rootin' for you tho, Dot...don't give up....

Wacky, you just have to check it every now and then and see if you have a topic, that is what I do...anyway, I have sent you another one.

Have a great vacation.

• 2 months later...

Time for me to add my 2 cents.

I used to try diet pills - for a couple of months, I was on that cousin of Fentermine-Dexfenfluoromine (fen-fen), but my heart would race like a lab rat, and then they said that it can rot your heart valves.

I tried Chitosan and FatBurner. Chitosan made me belch alot, and it was some foul belches, let me tell you. FatBurner was ephedrine - need I say more?

I tried SlimFast, but I was always hungry, and I got close to no results.

I went on a yogurt kick for a few months - no results. The point of the yogurt kick was to reduce calories. I reduced calories, all right, but had nothing to show for it. And once in a while I would have an overpowering urge to eat anything I could get my hands on.

And then I saw here on Greasespot where Dot Matrix was talking about Atkins. My brother had tried Atkins a couple of years ago, and had lost some weight, but got off it and gained it all back and then some. And I had heard all of the typical, "It's so dangerous!" spiels, and "you have to stay on it for the rest of your life!" and everything, and before gspot, had rejected it.

Well, based on what's been said here, I decided to look further into it.

And I found out that Atkins includes a lot of vegetables besides just all the protien. And nuts. And an occasional glass of wine or lite beer. And things like the Pure De-Lite candy bars (which are pretty good!). And chicken. And fish. And mayonnaise. And eggs.

So on February 1st, I started on Atkins.

And 2 1/2 months later, I am here to report that it is truly astounding!

I've lost 35 pounds so far. That's 3 1/2 per week! Before every half pound was a struggle, and then keeping it off was a nightmare.

I used to always be hungry. Not any more! I used to get hunger pangs in the middle of the afternoon. I was never satisfied. Now I feel satisfied most of the time, and I'm eating less than I was before! And there's almost no will power (or should that be "won't" power) involved at all!

IT'S SO EASY!

Sure, I miss pizza - I can eat all the toppings but not the crust - and cinnamon rolls and yogurt. But I'm so much healthier now, and I'm down 4 pants sizes.

I apologize if I seem a little bit over-exhuberant. But it was always so hard before, and now all I have to do is avoid most carbohydrates and not think about it.

It won't work for everyone. With 6 Billion people in the world, there can be no such thing as "one size fits all". But I sure am glad that a few g-spotters started talking about it, because it sure works for me!

Steve,

If we're reporting in, then I've lost 22 lbs now since about the middle of January. I was at 207lbs and am now at 185lbs. My ideal weight is 165 and I don't know if I'll make THAT or not.

I'm using modified Atkins. It DOES all come down to calories in the end, you know. Atkins' keeps you off the carbs to keep you in ketosis so you're not so hungry is all. I still think it's not a very healthy way to live for a lifetime but... its an easy way to lose weight at least.

sudo

Steve

WOW I am so blown away at your success!

Cograts!! Keep posting!

I am sure you heard Dr. Atkins died yesterday, from a fall~not the diet.

Sudo Congrats to you as well!

Wacky ~ Good for you!

Proud of all of you!

Praying for our troops to return safely,

Dot Matrix

Dot,

I'm losing 1-2 lbs a week without dieting, but I'm taking a suppliment that increases my metabolic rate enough to raise my body temp by 1 degree. My sister keeps telling me how much thinner I look.

BTW, losing weight is not a true sign of body fat reduction, because muscle may be burned for fuel before fat is, so be carefull. Starvation and quick weight lose is NOT the answer. 2 lbs per week is the MOST you want to lose, otherwise you are hurting yourself.

These diets that promise 5, 10, a week or I've seen ads for 20 lbs in 3 days, only do these things.

1) dehydrate you

2) burn muscle

3) stress liver and kidneys

Not to mention slow your metabolism.

If you want my friend sells this suppliment, she can send you a free sample, which is good for a week. I lost 2 lbs using the free sample!

I still eat donuts every weekday.

See-ya

Seth

"Oh, look! My vinky is a key!" ~~~ Gold Member

Thought I might add something to Steve!'s post bout diets...

It does indeed work for him...all that he says is true about it!

For anyone who has a family and is wondering how it will work when you have little mouths to feed....here goes!!!

The Atkins diet does not work for me ( I use another approach)...it about drove me nuts, but no worries....I can do my own diet, feed my kids, feed Steve! what he needs and there is NO extra cooking and NO hassle!!!!!

As he said, this is not a cookie cutter world, so one diet will not work for all. But what he says about how he is doing with the Atkins approach is absolutely true. After the first couple of days, it has been completely stress-free for him. (that's how you know a diet is for you, if you pass those first few days and feel GOOD!!!!)

So if ya have a family with a diversity of dietary needs, Atkins will still work.

WaywardWayfer:

I saw MANY people at HQ do Body for Life. To me, it seems to be a very hard program to follow--strict food regulation and extremely strenuous workouts. The only people I really saw have the kind of results that they show on the book is people who were generally already in shape, not overweight. They just built muscle and looked better. I remember one woman who is really tall and overweight who lost a lot of weight on it, but still did not receive the pictured results. She followed the diet and workout regime to a "T". Then there was someone else who really didn't have to lose much weight (maybe 10 pounds). She lost weight but did not really look much different. I came to the opinion that sometimes your body is just a certain way. Not everybody will have that cut look like the examples on the pictures unless less they have some help from sterioids--my opinion. I saw a man who did the program also. He needed to lose some weight. He did, but still didn't have the cut look like in the pictures.

Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see.

WaywardWayfer - I did the Body for Life program along with my wife, and found it extremely difficult. I simply was't disciplined enough.

IF you can keep to the exercise routine and diet then you do benefit - although there is no garantee you end up looking like those pictures.

I have met two people who did end up looking fantastic, but both of them almost lived at the gym in order to accomplish it.

But again, IF you are disciplined enough to follow it, then go for it.

Personally, I've found Aitkens to be the diet for me. Great results, and feel real good!

WayferNot! and Dexter, thank you.

I'm surprised people were allowed to even try something like that at HQ given they don't really have much control over their mandatory lunch time meals and over-worked schedules.

I guess it just really boils down to eating fresh foods and lean cuts of meat with lots of exercise. I'm not into strictly scheduled regiments (TWI turned me off mandatory self-monitoring to extreme). Maybe this isn't the plan for me.

Thank you for your input. I really appreciate it.