GreaseSpot Cafe

Alec Baldwin's voicemail

markomalley

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Baldwin had understood that, he might still be happily married to Ireland's mom.

--

You can look at all the mitigating factors, and Krys brings up a good point about the custodial parent's responsibility. Regardless, this is not a man driven to the point of such exasperation he lashes out at an 11, no 12, no - whatever, who cares - year-old. This is about an adult's tantrum, about berating a child in the strongest terms, about an implied threat ("I'll straighten you out..."). Exasperation (and this jerk feels exasperation the moment he doesn't get his own way) is not a justification for browbeating a child. Sure, it happens all the time. But it is shameful, and let's heap shame upon anyone caught in the act, or risk condoning it.

I keep wondering if Ireland herself didn't have a hand in this. Probably not, because a kid would favor MySpace over TMZ. Even so, she's bound to be a pretty sophisticated kid living in that environment, and it's conceivable she knows more than a few sympathetic/opportunistic reporters on a friendly basis.

One other thought... does Baldwin call Ireland because he loves her, or does he call her to use her, to fight his fight with Basinger through his daughter, with all the mind games you might expect? If he truly hates Basinger, he may attack Ireland's relationship with her mother in a hundred subtle ways. The kid may just not want to deal with it. I'd like to think some professional third-party could listen in and nail him to the wall for that kind of thing, but it's just him (and you've heard him) and an 11-year old.

Kids don't like adult mind-games last I checked. Head-games are toxic to kids, anathema, poison. Kids flee and hide if they hear it coming. If Ireland had a reason to love her father, you couldn't keep her away from that phone. But poor Alec is humiliated "time and time again," by an 11-year old girl. Isn't that pathetic? He makes me sick.

Edited by satori001

Rocky, my only point was about the way you came back on Eagle, with the B---S---. I just thought it was uncalled for. You can disagree with someone without "calling them out". I have no problem with anything else in your post. Just the attitude.

As far as Eagle goes, I know the dude...even lived in the same house with him for a time years ago. He is a very intelligent guy, and not prone to making stuff up, or posting gossip. And REALLY, if we start making everyone document EVERY single thing they post, Paw is gonna need bigger hard drives. :)

Thanks for the insight. The statement to which I referred was (is) so outrageous, it demanded attention. IF it is shown to have been true/correct, I will apologize. Otherwise, an intelligent fellow like eagle, whether a talk show host in real life or not, should know that slanderous comments, even if the target never knows they are made, really do NOT demonstrate the intelligence and integrity that he (eagle) is apparently known for.

And on the three versions of the truth... though that's really only an expression, there is a kernel of truth to it, and it IS an excellent point.

satori, i definitely agree about does baldwin call because he loves her or to use her ?

--

If Ireland had a reason to love her father, you couldn't keep her away from that phone. But poor Alec is humiliated "time and time again," by an 11-year old girl. Isn't that pathetic? He makes me sick.

and i agree with what you said here too

but i have a question for you about the part where you couldn't keep her away from the phone. what if the mother is a nutjob and won't let her near the phone ? do you think that's a possibility ?

--

i want to strongly agree how pathetic he is about being humiliated time and time again by his little girl. sicko

satori, i definitely agree about does baldwin call because he loves her or to use her ?

--

but i have a question for you about the part where you couldn't keep her away from the phone. what if the mother is a nutjob and won't let her near the phone ? do you think that's a possibility ?

--

i want to strongly agree how pathetic he is about being humiliated time and time again by his little girl. sicko

You make a good point, excie... your "what if" question about the mother... it practically goes without saying.

A family law attorney recommended this book to me a couple of years ago. It didn't help me accomplish anything in court, but it DID help me understand the dynamics of high-conflict divorce.

In the Name of the Child, at amazon.com This linked page includes editorial reviews and excerpts.

Key terms in the book that relate directly to the Baldwin-Basinger debacle (for their daughter) include: parental alienation and parental alignment. Some psychologists take parental alienation so far as to call it a syndrome (a diagnosible disorder). THAT part is NOT widely accepted, BUT... this book shows what parental alienation and alignment ARE each as a dynamic in the divorce/family relationships.

That's why some people here on this thread have genuine insight... and some are speaking from an intellectual detachment that is also detached from anything relating to genuine experience or academic study.

The BOTTOM LINE is that BOTH parents are woefully deficient in their parenting of this particular child, UNquestionably.

--

--

Baldwin doesn't seem to think Basinger is the problem. He's close enough to the picture to know who isn't answering the phone, even if he doesn't quite know how old his daughter is. He just can't conceive of, or accept, the reason why. He's too much of a narcissistic creep to allow himself that perception.

The problem to Baldwin is simple, as he states it: an 11-year old girl is refusing to play by adult rules that validate him - and he is completely emasculated by that, humiliated, made a fool of. For that offense, he calls her stupid, and a "pig." For that, he is gonna "fly out there and straighten her out." You know, what bothers me is that he seems to be treating her the way an abusive jerk might treat a girlfriend when a relationship goes bad. It's as if he's forgotten that he's her father. He's yelling at her like he's her irate and "humiliated" boyfriend. I don't think that's evidence that he took it any further, but it suggests just how disturbed he really could be.

Now, if mom was an over-possessive, controlling, mommy-dearest variety nut-job, Ireland could let any number of people know, directly or indirectly. She could tell Baldwin, and he would understand it wasn't her fault. Problem is, we already know he is a controlling nut-job. So mom doesn't have to keep Ireland away from the phone. She just doesn't want to talk to him. Does anybody (almost anybody, anyway) wonder why? If Basinger is equally at fault, how is she going to go to her father, when he's like that?

Basinger married the SOB, so there must be something wrong with her too, but it doesn't mean she isn't a good mother, or at least, trying to be. I don't know enough about her. Baldwin's "message" is enough for any outsider to get the message about him.

Edited by satori001

I think I just have to let Rocky go here so he will stop PMing me. Rocky, I sense you fancy yourself an intellectual of sorts. Whatever. If you are, the words, "B.S." idiotic", "insane" and other phrases thrown at me just for one post against Baldwin is almost further out than Baldwin. Not quite. But it appears you have a temper.

I shouldn't have to document every post I have. One chooses to believe it or not. But I am going to do what you don't expect. Get a record of the O'Reilly shows with Baldwin as guest and pull out the quote.

Baldwin is more than an actor when he does what he does. He becomes political. In that arena, he tries to affect lives and in this case, for the worse. I felt he needed to be exposed. I will continue to do so. But in the interest of not going further on this subject on this post, whatever you have to say, just take the last word. I don't really care.

You do appear polite to people that tend to agree with you.

Ron G. - You were right about Baldwin's acting still in force. However, his choice of parts is decreasing over time. He is not in as much as ten years. His career is winding down. But for Baldwin's sake and the sake of the girl getting child support (if Basinger doesn't spend it...who knows?) I am glad he is working.

Eagle -- don't sweat it, OK??

Some folks have a *hair cross-wise* (I'll refrain from mentioning where),

and nothing you say will get them to admit it.

Perhaps Rocky should get a copy of your book THE GENESIS PURSUIT,

if for no other reason that to read from page 525 through 555,

where you document your sources, and give references.

THAT is NOT indicative of *sloppy work*.

You didn't offer it there, and you haven't offered it here.

Speaking of Baldwin's acting, I think Harrison Ford played the Jack Ryan character a lot better than Baldwin did. Harrison gave him more depth, whereas Baldwin's portrayal was too, ... ohh what's the word, ... shallow.

... a lot like the actor himself. <_<

But hey, that's my Siskel & Ebert take on him. :B) YMMV.

I think I just have to let Rocky go here so he will stop PMing me. Rocky, I sense you fancy yourself an intellectual of sorts. Whatever. If you are, the words, "B.S." idiotic", "insane" and other phrases thrown at me just for one post against Baldwin is almost further out than Baldwin. Not quite. But it appears you have a temper.

I shouldn't have to document every post I have. One chooses to believe it or not. But I am going to do what you don't expect. Get a record of the O'Reilly shows with Baldwin as guest and pull out the quote.

Baldwin is more than an actor when he does what he does. He becomes political. In that arena, he tries to affect lives and in this case, for the worse. I felt he needed to be exposed. I will continue to do so. But in the interest of not going further on this subject on this post, whatever you have to say, just take the last word. I don't really care.

You do appear polite to people that tend to agree with you.

Ron G. - You were right about Baldwin's acting still in force. However, his choice of parts is decreasing over time. He is not in as much as ten years. His career is winding down. But for Baldwin's sake and the sake of the girl getting child support (if Basinger doesn't spend it...who knows?) I am glad he is working.

So, is your whining just code for you admit that you spoke out of turn about someone you hold, for political reasons in contempt regardless of his divorce/custody personal transgressions?

And my privately messaging you was an attempt to resolve this issue privately, without having to call you out publicly. Obviously, you refused my efforts to do so... your choice. No problem.

You definitely have admirers here, who know you in real life. That's wonderful. I hope that you, when you consider slandering people, give pause and think better of it. IF you have something you can document, that is worthy of discussion, please share it.

Again... I respect thoughtfulness in people who disagree with me... most notably, MarkO (who started THIS thread, but with whom I've enjoyed several discussions, and not usually agreeing with each other)... and TheEvan... who is clearly a thoughtful reflective, intellectually honest person... with whom I seldom agree, but appreciate his approach... AND I should NOT forget Raf... who I respect tremendously for his professionalism in his profession, which carries over into how he conducts himself here.

Now... back to bashing Baldwin... carry on.

Eagle -- don't sweat it, OK??

Some folks have a *hair cross-wise* (I'll refrain from mentioning where),

and nothing you say will get them to admit it.

Perhaps Rocky should get a copy of your book THE GENESIS PURSUIT,

if for no other reason that to read from page 525 through 555,

where you document your sources, and give references.

THAT is NOT indicative of *sloppy work*.

You didn't offer it there, and you haven't offered it here.

Dave, I believe Mr. Eagle DID indeed offer his book, or make it known here at GSC... though he didn't mention it on this thread.

Are YOU saying HIS book relates to THIS thread somehow?

----------

And Garth... Baldwin and Harrison Ford are indeed very different actors... and I too believe that Ford does a much better Jack Ryan... but Baldwin has his acting strength too...

Dave, I believe Mr. Eagle DID indeed offer his book, or make it known here at GSC... though he didn't mention it on this thread.

Are YOU saying HIS book relates to THIS thread somehow?

Uhmmmmmmm, back a few pages (I'm not going to look for the quote from you -- you can *do the research*),

you made a comment about Eagle showing proof, before you would have respect for him.

So yes -- his book DOES relate to this thread.

Perhaps not in context (on THAT we can agree),

but rather in his ability to show proof (verification) of what he has written.

Since I have the book in question,

and have seen your comments on his (Eagle's) veracity,

I can say (as I did) that he gave 30 plus pages of verification,

to what he had said/ quoted/ used in his book.

And you question one single statement, and make a big deal out of it??

Wonderful. This is a thread, and not a book.

Big deal.

I find it hard to believe that someone who can extensively give credit to others in a book,

would be so lax as to make asinine statements, as you are claiming,

here on a single thread at GreaseSpot.

But it's you doing the claiming/ slamming/ flaming.

Eagle has proved himself in the literary world.

It's you who are doing the ignoring of such.

So -- I'm outta here too. You can have the last word if you wish.

I don't really care to continue in this.

But I will say -- I think you need therapy Rocky.

Granted-- each of us have our own opinions --

but your anger/ retaliation/ yadda-yadda, sounds like it could use some counseling.

You have a habit of taking an innocent statement (by whomever),

and making a BIG DEAL out of it.

Two words of advice --- (if I may) --- CHILL OUT!!!

Life is too short for this. Do (both yourself and all of us) a favor.

Seek help, enjoy Arizona and the Sun, and put ice in your drink of choice.

:)

(Like I said -- this is my last post to you about this).

The *Last Word* is yours.

Do us proud. :dance:

Speaking of Baldwin's acting, I think Harrison Ford played the Jack Ryan character a lot better than Baldwin did. Harrison gave him more depth, whereas Baldwin's portrayal was too, ... ohh what's the word, ... shallow.

... a lot like the actor himself. <_<

But hey, that's my Siskel & Ebert take on him. :B) YMMV.

I thought Baldwin's best work was hosting SNL in the early 90s. The show that featured Paul McCartney as the music guest.

I wish Baldwin had stuck to comedy.

It seems surrealistic to be waging bloody combat against one another over the mindless shenigans of a mediocre, hollywood B actor.

Edited by TheInvisibleDan

Uhmmmmmmm, back a few pages (I'm not going to look for the quote from you -- you can *do the research*),

you made a comment about Eagle showing proof, before you would have respect for him.

So yes -- his book DOES relate to this thread.

Perhaps not in context (on THAT we can agree),

but rather in his ability to show proof (verification) of what he has written.

Since I have the book in question,

and have seen your comments on his (Eagle's) veracity,

I can say (as I did) that he gave 30 plus pages of verification,

to what he had said/ quoted/ used in his book.

And you question one single statement, and make a big deal out of it??

Wonderful. This is a thread, and not a book.

Big deal.

I find it hard to believe that someone who can extensively give credit to others in a book,

would be so lax as to make asinine statements, as you are claiming,

here on a single thread at GreaseSpot.

But it's you doing the claiming/ slamming/ flaming.

Eagle has proved himself in the literary world.

It's you who are doing the ignoring of such.

So -- I'm outta here too. You can have the last word if you wish.

I don't really care to continue in this.

but your anger/ retaliation/ yadda-yadda, sounds like it could use some counseling.

Life is too short for this. Do (both yourself and all of us) a favor.

Seek help, enjoy Arizona and the Sun, and put ice in your drink of choice.

:)

(Like I said -- this is my last post to you about this).

The *Last Word* is yours.

Do us proud. :dance:

thank you... but the point I had made was NOT with regard to him having proven something outside of this thread and his slanderous comments.

He has admitted that he made a comment HERE that he has now NOT been able to document. THAT was the issue. Period.

But thanks for keeping track.

I have NO need for the last word on Alec Baldwin's obviously bad move made in leaving the recording for his daughter.

However, IF you guys want to hold onto your apparent misunderstanding of me having called out someone here for making a slanderous comment, I know I'm not going to be able to change your mind...

BTW --- several days ago, I DID research mr eagle's claim. I found that -- quite contrary to the nonsense about Baldwin claiming sex with animals is a good thing -- both he and his ex-wife are widely known to be animal rights advocates.... that is, that he is known to advocate against using animals for medical research.

Baldwin known for advocating FOR animal rights

Alec Baldwin and his ex-wife, Kim Basinger, are perhaps two of the most outspoken celebrity spokespersons for the animal rights organization PETA. Both have supported PETA-sponsored campaigns and events, and they have publicly denounced the role animal research plays in the development of cures for human diseases.

In 1996, both Baldwin and Basinger served as celebrity hosts for PETA's Animals Ball and Humanitarian Awards Gala.1 The event honored some of PETA's biggest celebrity supporters in the entertainment industry. At the event, Baldwin reportedly told KCAL-TV in Los Angles that animal research is not necessary because there are "a lot of human subject… who would be more than willing to become live experiments." 2

During the event, Baldwin was also interviewed by the television program "Extra... The Entertainment Magazine," where he articulated his unequivocal opposition to animal research, and questioned its value in the development of human cures:

"A lot of medical experimentation, perhaps all of it, is a sham… I do know that it's kind of ludicrous to continue the charade, this kind of lazy, outdated science as an answer."
(continued)

Rocky,

You are being abusive and a jerk. So just shut up already. Sorry to disappoint you but I think ALL of us have a right to express our opinion about the Alec/Kim/Ireland situation without being attacked. We don't have a problem with your opinion Rocky, but we do have a problem with your attitude and your treatment of people. I didn't find anything Eagle said over the top - although I've found your attitude over the top. Do you just pick out a person and use that person to stir up trouble?

You antagonize people, like to argue and like to debate and probably on purpose. I think God has something to say about people like you. And no, I'm not providing "proof" - you go look it up if you want to know. Have you considered 'Anger Management' or a 'How to Win Friends and Influence People' course or 'How To Be a Decent Human Being' or 'How to Talk Nice to People'?

Oh, don't like being singled out and called on the carpet for YOUR ramblings but expect everyone else to take it from you?

And don't even bother to respond to me - cause I won't read anything you have to say. When I see your little picture I'll just skip right over it cause you are an abuser and I don't have to listen to you. I would suggest everyone else do the same. There is a saying, "Don't try to reason with an unreasonable person". And trust me darlin - you ARE unreasonable.

You remind me of the little bitty bully on the playground. Until you learn how to play nice I'd just as soon you not come to the playground! But if you do come to play I will be ignoring what you have to say.

EAGLE: You don't owe Rocky ANY explanation and you don't have to defend yourself or prove yourself to any of us. You don't have to waste any breath, energy, effort or emotion responding to Rocky anymore.

Oh, and Rocky, have you ever read up on or done research on "fruit of the spirit"? You might give it a whirl.

Oh, do I sound harsh???? Well, I'm tired of people like you. Go sit in the corner and have a nice time out for being bratty to your siblings.

Edited by Edi

Rocky,

You are being abusive and a jerk. So just shut up already. Sorry to disappoint you but I think ALL of us have a right to express our opinion about the Alec/Kim/Ireland situation without being attacked. We don't have a problem with your opinion Rocky, but we do have a problem with your attitude and your treatment of people. I didn't find anything Eagle said over the top - although I've found your attitude over the top. Do you just pick out a person and use that person to stir up trouble?

You antagonize people, like to argue and like to debate and probably on purpose. I think God has something to say about people like you. And no, I'm not providing "proof" - you go look it up if you want to know. Have you considered 'Anger Management' or a 'How to Win Friends and Influence People' course or 'How To Be a Decent Human Being' or 'How to Talk Nice to People'?

Oh, don't like being singled out and called on the carpet for YOUR ramblings but expect everyone else to take it from you?

And don't even bother to respond to me - cause I won't read anything you have to say. When I see your little picture I'll just skip right over it cause you are an abuser and I don't have to listen to you. I would suggest everyone else do the same. There is a saying, "Don't try to reason with an unreasonable person". And trust me darlin - you ARE unreasonable.

You remind me of the little bitty bully on the playground. Until you learn how to play nice I'd just as soon you not come to the playground! But if you do come to play I will be ignoring what you have to say.

EAGLE: You don't owe Rocky ANY explanation and you don't have to defend yourself or prove yourself to any of us. You don't have to waste any breath, energy, effort or emotion responding to Rocky anymore.

Oh, and Rocky, have you ever read up on or done research on "fruit of the spirit"? You might give it a whirl.

Oh, do I sound harsh???? Well, I'm tired of people like you. Go sit in the corner and have a nice time out for being bratty to your siblings.

Thank you. :) I hope you feel better now. :eusa_clap:

I second the motion DMiller, and Edi, that was very well put. And Eagle, I think you are a gentleman and a scholar.

Ya know, the rudeness by this particular poster is way over the top. And I am amazed that this is going on in an Open thread. I think that there is a double standard here at the Grease Spot Cafe.

Ya know, the rudeness by this particular poster is way over the top. And I am amazed that this is going on in an Open thread. I think that there is a double standard here at the Grease Spot Cafe.

And I'm amazed that he got back in here. I, for one, recall what it was that got him the boot the first time and it appears he's up to his old tricks again.

Edi,

Well put.

Ignore is a wonderful little option to be exercized with malice towards none and forethought by all.

And I'm amazed that he got back in here. I, for one, recall what it was that got him the boot the first time and it appears he's up to his old tricks again.

Edi,

Well put.

Ignore is a wonderful little option to be exercised with malice towards none and forethought by all.

ON IGNORE --- ROCKY.