GreaseSpot Cafe

Alec Baldwin's voicemail

markomalley

Dooj,

You are seeing what I see in 'tacks way more than not. They enjoy each other and the fights and bantering is part of their communications with each other (I won't say friendship or relationship because one or more might scoff at those words).

Chatty - I'm just poking some fun at these guys. If they were here I'd be poking them in the ribs and then buying them a round as a reward for behaving so nicely.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wait a second...

Couldn't basinger Just have given that recording to the a judge or her lawyer and handeled it that way?

Wouldn't a Judge see that Baldwin is possibley out of control with his fathering skills and wouldn't the judge do something to check into the situation (supervised visits for 6 months, loss of visitation or whatever they do)?

My question is: Couldn't a favorable result could have been gained by Kim for the kid without it going public?

Hate to disappoint you then... but not only COULD she have done so, that's the ONLY WAY she SHOULD HAVE dealt with it.

There is wisdom, nandon, in making your points by asking questions like you did. For many people who might not have gotten the point otherwise, you gave them the opportunity to come to the ONLY best answer on their own. Nice job.

Well - nandon - it's a sad thing when two adults put their personal battle ahead of the welfare of the child they are supposedly fighting for.

When all that matters is winning everyone loses.

Yes, she could have, [taken the recording only to the judge] and it may well have had enough impact for her to prove her point and cause Baldwin to get some help to change. But, and I heard Bill O'Rielly say this today, those two really hate eachother, and their hatred for each other far outweighs their love for their child. Which may be true also.

Let's take the uncertainty out of that statement. Why?

There's ONLY one person whose opinion matters in this whole shebang (shades of American Idol and William Hung?).

And that one person gets to give Baldwin ORDERS that Baldwin MUST obey... and here's a hint... that person is NOT Kim Basinger.

:offtopic:

O M G!

Now this is something - first Groucho agrees with Jonny - now this??!!!!

(Dooj starts looking to the clouds for a sign..... :biglaugh: )

Glad to see the olive branch making the rounds.

But is there dew on the fleece?

Chatty - I'm just poking some fun at these guys. If they were here I'd be poking them in the ribs and then buying them a round as a reward for behaving so nicely.

But I AM here! Behaving nicely? :blink: Who ME? Couldn't be... :P

After thinking on this subject for a couple od days, I think Bassinger did the smart thing by putting the call on the internet...the girl had ALREADY heard it...now it time's to expose Alec for what he is...and by doing this, the girl's situation will be understood...and she should receive not only legal protection but also reassurance that it's not HER fault...it's a shame that she loses a healthy relationship with her father...but that was HIS choice and now she needs to move in a positive direction.

I think Baldwin is an arrogant blowhard who is in love with himself...too bad so sad.

Rocky, no matter how you try to spin it, your post was nothing more than pure bullying. Eagle posted something he heard. And you tell him that what he posted is BS?

That was your first words to him on the subject of his post. You don't see that as rude and unnecessary? You could disagree with him without the insult.

Dude, I'm not saying we have to be a bunch of Pollyanna's but save the nasty jabs for someone who deserves it. Like Groucho when he's railing on Republican's. :biglaugh:

Rick

Rick,

I emphatically disagree with you on this one.

I was NOT bullying ANYONE.

My response to "eagle"'s INSANE comment was plenty reasonable.

IF he has the intellectual honesty to either document his claim or if unable to do so, then withdraw it and apologize for making it, THEN I will certainly consider apologizing.

Otherwise, I did NOTHING untoward on this item, UNLIKE what "eagle" did.

He might be (probably is) a good guy otherwise... but there's NO justifying unloading something so outrageous in a discussion like this.

I believe you have good insight on this type of problem situation.

I feel the sadness you must have experienced. Unfortunately, this very point/issue is well documented in professional literature regarding child custody matters. I too have experienced this very thing. That's why I'm sure there's more to it than we've been made privy to.

Emphatically, the child should NOT be subjected to what she experienced from EITHER parent.

Obviously, all of us here can related to this whole thing from completely different sets of experiences. Which likely accounts for the wide range of reaction. But the most likely thing happening is that BOTH parents are doing things they should not.

And Edi... could it be that Basinger is just trying to protect her child? NO. That scenario is highly implausible. IF that's ALL she wanted to do, she would NOT have had the recording leaked to the media. That Baldwin says what he says about Basinger leaking the recording certainly doesn't help his case, and that what he says -- about Basinger leaking it -- is true does NOT excuse what Baldwin said to his daughter.

And Eagle, your statement, the one regarding which you don't approve of my characterization... was and is absurd on its face. Further, it is MOST irrelevant to this thread, even in the unlikely event your claim is true. Therefore, my point, still quite valid, is that your statement/claim has NO place on this thread because it is probably NOT true, but even if it is true, it just doesn't belong in this discussion. Therefore, I reiterate -- it's B***S***. And if you don't like what I have to say, it won't hurt my feelings is you simply ignore it...

Hello Rocky,

Something you don't like to hear is not "irrelevant" because you like to say so. The statement I said reflects Baldwin's character and deserves to be used. We should also post every offbeat characterization of him on this thread as further evidence as to how sick this guy really is. I am wondering if anyone out here remembers that show last year on the O'Reilly Factor on Fox where Baldwin said the "sex with animals" comment.

Makes one wonder why Basinger is having a problem, though Basinger may not be the best example either.

Eagle

Hello Rocky,

Something you don't like to hear is not "irrelevant" because you like to say so. The statement I said reflects Baldwin's character and deserves to be used. We should also post every offbeat characterization of him on this thread as further evidence as to how sick this guy really is. I am wondering if anyone out here remembers that show last year on the O'Reilly Factor on Fox where Baldwin said the "sex with animals" comment.

Makes one wonder why Basinger is having a problem, though Basinger may not be the best example either.

Eagle

Now you want someone ELSE to do research to back up YOUR idiotic claim? That's rich.

First, you demonstrate how loose you like to play with facts about people who hold different values than yourself... Then you psychoanalyze ME... then you want OTHERS to help you out of the jam your sloppy writing/conduct gets you in?

That's even richer.

If you want to prove Alec Baldwin is more "evil" or "sick" than having made a very serious mistake in what SHOULD have been a private situation, then it behooves YOU (not those who might "remember" something for you) to back up your claims.

IF you are/were REALLY (any kind of) talk show host, the YOU would know the seriousness of making slanderous/libelous claims.

I'm NOT defending what Baldwin DID (that has been documented beyond question).

I AM saying that we cannot have any serious discussion if people introduce unrelated, undocumented GOSSIP into it.

And let's make sure readers know that the quote, from me, that you cited above, was NOT addressed by me to YOU. Otherwise, one might surmise that I told YOU that you had good insight on this matter. Which I did not.

Edited by Rocky

Why exactly do we care about any of this? Why do we feel compelled to take a side, defend our position even if it means insulting people we actually know, in some small way, to prove our point, which is what anyway?

The fact is, the entire thing is sad, perhaps tragic. A little girl caught in the middle of a war between her parents. Yet here, it is just a feeding frenzy - another thing we can fight about. :confused:

Not one person here knows squat about what really went on or goes on in this family - yet we will sit back and form judgements, based on one blip in time that was made public. I am not defending him, I am not defending her. I am simply trying to understand why this is so important that it has been debated for pages already.

who doesn't like gerbils ?

It's one of those urban legends but Craig thought it was true and told us about it one corps night. He wasn't real smart about who he accepted things at face value from. I won't say what Gere was suppose to be doing with the gerbils but it is definitely on the sicko side of the life. :wacko:

i don't know. what else have i got to do ? talk politics ?

Yup, since we don't have new topics over there we might as well talk about this.

Abi,

Just messing around here I hope you know. :wub:

Thanks "Rocky",

You have succeeded in using the words "B*** S***" "insane", "irrelevant", at the same time using the phrase "intellectual honesty". Asking is someone else also saw Baldwin make that comment is not asking anyone to do the "research" for me. Asking for a witness besides myself is just that. Asking if someone else saw it as well is not asking someone else to "research" it for me and you KNOW THAT.

I'm currently in the works to try to pull the tape or the story on it. When I get it, it will be posted. And if I get it, I'm sure you won't like it.

Thanks "Rocky",

You have succeeded in using the words "B*** S***" "insane", "irrelevant", at the same time using the phrase "intellectual honesty". Asking is someone else also saw Baldwin make that comment is not asking anyone to do the "research" for me. Asking for a witness besides myself is just that. Asking if someone else saw it as well is not asking someone else to "research" it for me and you KNOW THAT.

I'm currently in the works to try to pull the tape or the story on it. When I get it, it will be posted. And if I get it, I'm sure you won't like it.

There you go pretending to know what's inside my head AGAIN. :nono5:

If you had INTELLLECTUAL HONESTY, we wouldn't be having to go over this issue AGAIN.

IF you find your documentation, I'll respect you a bit more.

IF you find your documentation, we'll see -- perhaps from the context -- what it really means... and we'll get to evaluate (not just me... every one who would like to will get to) whether it IS or is NOT relevant to this discussion.

Do you make idle gossip on unfounded allegations on your talk show? Do you inform your guests/listeners about what they will or will not like? :rolleyes:

:B)

So,I take it that idle gossip based on founded allegations is to be preferred over idle gossip on unfounded allegations....

Wouldn't THAT be "hard working" gossip? :P

Edited by Rocky

Rocky, my only point was about the way you came back on Eagle, with the B---S---. I just thought it was uncalled for. You can disagree with someone without "calling them out". I have no problem with anything else in your post. Just the attitude.

As far as Eagle goes, I know the dude...even lived in the same house with him for a time years ago. He is a very intelligent guy, and not prone to making stuff up, or posting gossip. And REALLY, if we start making everyone document EVERY single thing they post, Paw is gonna need bigger hard drives. :)

Why exactly do we care about any of this? Why do we feel compelled to take a side, defend our position even if it means insulting people we actually know, in some small way, to prove our point, which is what anyway?

The fact is, the entire thing is sad, perhaps tragic. A little girl caught in the middle of a war between her parents. Yet here, it is just a feeding frenzy - another thing we can fight about.

Not one person here knows squat about what really went on or goes on in this family - yet we will sit back and form judgements, based on one blip in time that was made public. I am not defending him, I am not defending her. I am simply trying to understand why this is so important that it has been debated for pages already.

I agree completely. When a couple gets divorced, there are always 3 sides...His, Hers, and the truth.

Rick