GreaseSpot Cafe

The Weirwille Graves... (and other BOT)

ChasUFarley

I want to set the tone for this thread first because I'm sure it could seem disrespectful to the survivors. That is not the intent of this thread at all. I kindly ask that you keep this repectful because the subject is about something that was most likely decided with little or no family input...

In another thread there's a discussion about how TWI doesn't honor the dead.

I started thinking about where some of the Weirwille family members are buried and some are not.

Is Mrs. Weirwille buried next to her husband?

Is Aunt Naomi buried next to her husband?

Is Uncle Don (that's what I called him) buried near his dad?

Just wondering about the practices of this...

(You didn't ask but) Mrs. Owens was buried next to Mr. Owens. (Now I didn't actually see her laid to rest, but I saw the area marked where she lays by the Fountain, next to Mr. Owens I believe.)

Thanks Bolshevik.

Something I just remembered...

Y'all remember who K. C. Pillai was? He wrote Light Through An Eastern Window, etc. He lived in Birmingham, AL.

I remember the LCs of AL - Chu*k Nev1n$ and his wife told me about when they found Bishop Pillai's grave, it was just a marker (he was buried in Birmingham.) It had been that way for YEARS. They went through the trouble of making sure he had a proper headstone - just out of respect. I thought it was great of them to do that but you gotta wonder about the fool who dropped the ball on that!

Bishop K.C. I thought was buried under the Flag pole outside the BRc. There was a monument there to him.

There is a little plaque on the ground. I believe he's buried in Fairborn, OH. (near Dayton)

Chas,

I believe all the women are buried next to their husbands.

Now,

w@nd@ wierwille, Do- Wieri//e's living wife, her plot is already marked next to her late husband.

weird?

B

Chas,

I believe all the women are buried next to their husbands.

Now,

w@nd@ wierwille, Do- Wieri//e's living wife, her plot is already marked next to her late husband.

weird?

B

Nah. Not really all that wierd, Mr. B.

It's a common practice for people to purchase 2 side by side plots and plan on being interred together.

Now, when I was your age, the mere THOUGHT of purchasing a plot seemed *multi wierd*, regardless of who would be "next door" for eternity.

JJ---"donations appreciated" :biglaugh:

Kinda reminds me of the old joke:

"Why do they put fences around cemetaries?"

"Because people are just dying to get in."

Nah. Not really all that wierd, Mr. B.

It's a common practice for people to purchase 2 side by side plots and plan on being interred together.

Now, when I was your age, the mere THOUGHT of purchasing a plot seemed *multi wierd*, regardless of who would be "next door" for eternity.

I just thought because she lives in the Wierwi//e home, overlooking the fountain. And I thought she was young enough to get remarried.

I just thought because she lives in the Wierwi//e home, overlooking the fountain. And I thought she was young enough to get remarried.

OK

Now I see your point.

Although, a lot of people from that generation did not consider remarriage an option.

You are a lot closer to the actual situation than I am so it's time for me to quit yappin'. :)