GreaseSpot Cafe

Why is there an x-way site?

Imagine

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:biglaugh: You must be a woman. I see you changed your mind only to change it back again. ;)

Acknowledging something and complying is not the same thing, I suppose.

:biglaugh: You must be a man. I see ......wait.....Oh I'm sorry, I was mistaken.;)

You do realize that while John has dropped the issue his sweet, darling Jean has not....don't you?

Edited by doojable

:biglaugh: You must be a man. I see ......wait.....Oh I'm sorry, I was mistaken.;)

You do realize that while John has dropped the issue his sweet, darling Jean has not....don't you?

You do realize, don't you, that as long as you keep "picking at that scab" she'll just continue to defend herself?

Yea - I tried to avoid the tendency to "dig in." I even ignored it for a long time. I'll leave it alone for a while and see if it gets any better.

(BTW - she can read this ;))

One more time, I'm a little tired of Rascal continuing to complain that John and myself don't understand her posts, when she refuses to make the effort to make sure they're clear. As Oakspear said on a different thread, 'If someone WANTS to communicate badly, why bother to communicate at all?'

If you don't like reading her, then BLOCK her posts - that's an option for you.

But please stop DERAILING this thread because you're being AR about this... THANK YOU!

I really don’t get this friction. Jean and I have been working together on the “holy thing” thread. She has stuck with me on it for a long time, from the beginning until now. Others have come and gone. She has been a sweet and good friend. She is level headed, intelligent, and a valuable asset. She is also open minded. I have found her to be really, really great to work with. I would be hard pressed to find a better person to do help me on this project.

I haven’t had as much interaction with John, but it seems to me he is trying.

So what is up with this? Why is it I have such good experiences with Jean and others do not? Seriously. I don't get it.

Well, let's see if we can get this back on track. :biglaugh:

I think the reason we keep coming back is, our experience with the evil empire (TWI) was a rather intense one. You will also see this type of behaviour in war veterans (this is NOT to be construed as me saying we were like veterans of war).

They will get together, reminisce, talk about their fallen comrades with a nostalgia not to be seen anywhere else. The only people who can really understand are those who either served side by side with them, or at the least were in the service.

Take this for what it's worth, which may be nothing, since that is what you're paying for my opinion. :evildenk:

I don't know, another spot. TWI Thing? Human Nature thing?

But I do know this: we had two corps leaders that hubby and I thought were the greatest, they protected us from some crap, were really great to us.

Later I found out that the very same leaders who I respected so much, were treating other believers right in my branch like possessed pieces of crap, and making their lives hell. Why, I don't know. I guess it is the same tendancy as teacher's have to have a pet, or parents who have a favorite child...

In life there will always be folks you get along with and others that rub you the wrong way.

In TWI many of us learned to fake it. We were told to just renew our minds and get along with our brother or sister in Christ.

Sound advice - unless that brother or sister is abusing the grace and mercy that is extended to them.

Again, here at GSC we have the opportunity to learn some new habits and develop some new skills.

I don't know about that, Sushi.

My stint in TWI sure felt like war to me!

Granted there were no bullets and mortar shells flying overhead as I crawled through 6 inches of mud., but I think that some of us went through things, that while not necessarily life threatening, were severe enough in nature as to produce reactons that resulted in PTSD and nightmares for years to come.

My children, would tell you that what happened to them was indeed life threatening. I would have to agree. It was entirely within SD's power both mentally and physically to kill any or all of us.

Maybe it's more because another spot doesn't behave like a self-righteous hypocrite.

:wave: What took you so long Jean? She (another spot) does have a humble disposition, that's for sure. And she can be a real sweet-heart. With those two qualities alone I wouldn't care if she couldn't spell correctly if her life depended upon it.

I guess I should have clarified the pronoun "she" was referring to another spot.

Edited by Larry N Moore

She (another spot) does have a humble disposition, that's for sure. And she can be a real sweet-heart. With those two qualities alone I wouldn't care if she couldn't spell correctly if her life depended upon it

that's how i feel about rascal

--

ok, i'll stop the choo choo dance or i'll try

“In life there will always be folks you get along with and others that rub you the wrong way. In TWI many of us learned to fake it. We were told to just renew our minds and get along with our brother or sister in Christ.”—dooj

That is a real good point. I remember feeling really disoriented after twi with regard to dealing with people, since I no longer trusted anything I ever learned. I started reading Waydale and learning about waybrain and discovered all kinds of things that are impediments to even being a nice person, never mind get along with anyone.

Sushi, that is the funniest avatar I’ve ever seen.

Larry, the feeling is mutual. Absolutely. Here’s what’s funny about that. I got mad at him about some of his early posts. He got mad back. We’ve been good friends ever since. Once I got to know him (which didn’t take long at all), I discovered he’s a really tenderhearted, intelligent person. Maybe it takes more effort to understand and get an accurate picture of someone on the internet. It’s sort of impersonal as a medium.

I think it’s natural to want to defend or at least support your friends.

Why do I keep coming here? Because twi is such a pervasive thing. It is nice to talk things over with other people who have been through it. No one else understands it like we do. And, I’ve have some good friends here.

Ex, let’s all dance the choo choo. Cook hamburgers or something. I’m in.

I actually can spell. 2 years ago, I took an entrance exam so I could take some classes. I scored 100% in spelling, 90 something in grammar, but um, flunked punctuation… :biglaugh::redface:

In TWI there was that heirarchy of leadership we dealt with--which few people outside of ex ways understand.

Leaders could get away with insults, conclusions about someones personality or spiritual fitness, public humiliations in TWI, unless they were stupid and went after someone with tight connections to a higher leader. There were no safeguards built into the system.

In the real world--workplace, real churches, even forums, that kind of behavior is called and noticed.

There will be people you don't get along with--but you don't have to stalk, humiliate and attempt to shut them up!

Why do I keep coming back??? I keep coming back because I think that all of you ar so awsome.

Greetings from the beautifull upper penninsula of michigan :)

I am camping and fishing for the next week or two .... but left the gorgeous lake to come all the way into town for my G.S. fix :) .

I appreciate each of you and the valid points that you present that continue to facillitate my understanding, healing and growth.

Thank you each and every one who has shown me such kindness and support....espescially on this thread. I will try to do better with my communication to avoid future derailments.

Love, Cathy

that's how i feel about rascal

--

That's how I feel about Rascal as well, but also how I feel about Another Spot and Dooj and You and Temple Lady and Bramble and many others. I could go on and on once again but i wont. I have already done that. :)

Isn't it wonderful how we can come here to this Spot and talk about TWI without fear of reprisal from the "powers that were". We didn't become "greasespots" because God wouldn't spit in our direction or because we walked away. We all became greasespots for our own reasons as is easily testified in this thread. But I am seeing a prevailing idea here...many people that have come here eventually begin to enjoy the freedom of speech that is allowed here and the lack of "nametags".

It is great for us all when we remember that regardless of the color that our nametags once were...we no longer wear them. Hence we all have equal voice here and that we all bring something equally important to the table. Everyone is treated as an individual and their ideas and thoughts are also treated individually.

This is why ASpot you have experienced a different side of Jean, just as I have. But here on this thread some thoughts and more specifically posts are being evaluated by the readers for their specific content, not what may have been said elsewhere. I personally think that we should all try to at least be civil to one another, because we wont all get along all the time. But thats just me.

Why do I keep coming back??? I keep coming back because I think that all of you ar so awsome.

I am camping and fishing for the next week or two .... but left the gorgeous lake to come all the way into town for my G.S. fix :) .

I appreciate each of you and the valid points that you present that continue to facillitate my understanding, healing and growth.

Thank you each and every one who has shown me such kindness and support....espescially on this thread. I will try to do better with my communication to avoid future derailments.

Love, Cathy

Cathy my friend, Awww...I just want give you a big hug! But that darn fish you're holding is a bit of a determent... :biglaugh:

You are a sick woman to leave the lake to get a GS fix...have you spoken to a psych about this fixation?

I for one am greatful that I came here as well. I have fixed pieces of myself that I didn't know were broken. And have made more friends here than I ever did while inside. So I would like to add my voice to Rascal's in the Thank you department.

I am camping and fishing for the next week or two .... Love, Cathy

:offtopic:

Rascal -- how long are you going to be there??

I checked Mapquest, and where you are is (about) 350 miles from where I am.

It's been a while since I've said "Yah to da UP, eh?" ;)

GS is a place to: yell, scream, complain, encourage and be encouraged. It is a place to learn and unlearn. It is a place to put things together and dismantle other things. It is a place of humor, crying and speaking frankly. It is playful and serious. It is a quilt of different colors and patterns. It may be a crazy quilt, but it’s ours. And that’s ok.

GS is a place to: yell, scream, complain, encourage and be encouraged. It is a place to learn and unlearn. It is a place to put things together and dismantle other things. It is a place of humor, crying and speaking frankly. It is playful and serious. It is a quilt of different colors and patterns. It may be a crazy quilt, but it’s ours. And that’s ok.

Outstanding symbolism ASpot! I couldn't have said it better myself.