GreaseSpot Cafe

Song of the moment

nandon

never was the world's biggest stones fan..........but, here's what i consider to be my favorite song by them off of their favorite album of mine, "sticky fingers", with the best guitar player, imho, they ever had, mick taylor, on lead...........2nd favorite album of mine by them................"let it bleed"..........but, here's my favorite song first

#

My head hurts from the arguments/ *discussions* in some of these Forums.

This song brings me back to reality,

Love the vocals. Love the instrumentation, Love the timing of the breaks.

Love the *Peacefulness* this song provides. Close your eyes, and give it a listen.

(edited to add ---- ) Don't forget to tap your foot when listening! :)

Edited by dmiller

I know this might be out of your league -- but this puts boot prints in the face of that strutting gal in your video ---

That's quite insulting since you have absolutely no idea in which league I play.

Apparently, you have not paid any attention to the plethora of songs I have posted in the last few months.

This used to be a lighthearted thread where people could and would post any song

- good, bad, or mediocre - that they happened to be into at that particular moment, and not be subjected to ridicule.

People were free to enjoy themselves and share some music.

If you don't like people's song choices, then don't listen to them; that's what I do.

I would never be so rude as to single out a person's song choices and denigrate them,

nor would I insult their intelligence, and then excuse my bad behavior by saying that I'm "old and crotchety,"

a term that you applied to yourself in the post you deleted.

Moreover, the name of this thread is "Song of the Moment," not let's critique other people's music choices,

or what I think is good music, or even for music lovers. Although, there was a thread entitled "For Music Lovers"

started by polar bear with the intention of discussing music, but people seemed to lose interest in that particular thread.

Perhaps you could resurrect the "For Music Lovers" thread and post your opinions there,

and this thread could be left for it's stated purpose - "Song of the Moment, what are into right now."

Or perhaps, you could start your own thread for the "old and crotchety," and discuss only that music which adheres to your exacting standards.

But here's the larger concern: Why do so many threads on this website have to turn into friggin' pi$$ing contests?

And BTW, you don't have to worry about me upsetting your sensitive sensibilities anymore, because I won't post any more songs to this thread.

So, you can police this thread to your heart's content, and make sure to keep the undesirables out.

I'm done with it.

So am I. Although late -- my apologies.

Yes --- I've seen/ looked at the plethora of songs you've posted.

I'll stop here, so this post doesn't get deleted, like others of mine made in the past day,

on other forums here. I didn't mean that in a negative manner, but now I see how you would think so.

Keep on posting songs if you will. I for one am done.

I think there is a *new Administration* here,

but that's just a guess on my part.

Edited by dmiller