GreaseSpot Cafe

I always said I'd never do it...

ChasUFarley

But today I bought a minivan!

AAAARRRGGGHHHHHHHHHH!

It's a 2005 Chrysler Town & Country (white) and has lots of cool options (leather, power seats, etc.)....

It's the "red drapes" edition :) , as Kristopher got his believing. He wanted a van with a DVD player soooooo bad... I really didn't care about that option - but he got exactly what he was looking for! I'll miss my PT Cruiser, but I won't miss the lack of room - our family quickly outgrew that car...

Man oh man, Chas. You have no idea how long I have been itching to give up my minivan for a PT Cruiser!!!! Purple would be ideal, and the kids want flames on the sides. :biglaugh:

Congrats on the minivan! I hope your family enjoys it. Room is a definite plus when traveling with rambunctious little boys!

Man oh man, Chas. You have no idea how long I have been itching to give up my minivan for a PT Cruiser!!!! Purple would be ideal, and the kids want flames on the sides. :biglaugh:

Congrats on the minivan! I hope your family enjoys it. Room is a definite plus when traveling with rambunctious little boys!

I had pimped it out - the Cruiser was a Limited edition and had chrome wheels, and special trim. I added a black bra to it, silver ghost flames, chrome grill, chrome wheel well trim - you get the idea. Lots of bling. I added a 6-CD changer to it, with remote. I was just getting ready to put a breather on the hood when we decided to have another baby...

Two kids - two kids who can REACH each other in a car is well... MADNESS!

If I could, I'd build a brick wall between the two crumb snatchers.

The Town & Country has captains chairs in the first and second row - the boys can hardly reach each other - PHEW! (At least for now...)

If I had purple, I'd make it a woody - I love those with wood panel. Ditto for the cream colored Cruisers - they look like vanilla ice cream with a waffle cone!

I had pimped it out - the Cruiser was a Limited edition and had chrome wheels, and special trim. I added a black bra to it......

If I had purple, I'd make it a woody

Ok so this is the set up for the next quote.....?

I was just getting ready to put a breather on the hood when we decided to have another baby...

Chas, was this an announcement?????!!!!!! :lol: :o

-

no no no no - a MILLION TIMES - NO!!

(I love Andreas... but if we'd had him first, we wouldn't have had a second one! He IS birth control!)

We bought the Cruiser just before Andreas was a "thought"... :evildenk:

Ahhhhhh! I understand now.

:asdf: Read for understanding! Read for understanding! :asdf:

If I could, I'd build a brick wall between the two crumb snatchers

Oh Chas you speak truth!!! Even though my 2 were securely in separate car seats, the terror they raised......

Once the oldest (the girl) learned how to undo her buckle (35 years ago) she let herself out while I was on the hiway....before we bought air conditioned cars. One summer I was driving down one of the major highways with all the windows and she slipped out of her seat....took off her brother's shoes and tossed them out the window! Then got back up in her seat and buckled herself in!

Then, same year, later, in November, among one of the coldest days, she undid herself and decided to do something else with his shoes - - she tied the laces together in such a way that I could not remove him from his seat! Non unless I could cut his laces. How many of you mothers travel with scissors in your purse......I did!!! I had a collapsible pair from Fuller Brush..... So - I cut him loose and the poor child had to go into the mall with socks only - and it was soooooo cold.

But - the law said she could not ride in the front seat......good little girls scout that I was.

Enjoy your new transportation, and remember all the shoes you are not going to have to replace and all the potential stitches you will not have to endure!

Ahhhhhh! I understand now.

:asdf: Read for understanding! Read for understanding! :asdf:

Next time get out your concordance before you post. Bad doojie! :biglaugh:

Congrats on that minivan...we had to get a full sized one before we started to slim 'em down and pawn 'em off on someone else. Enjoy it while they are young...then they turn into teenagers and know everything... :rolleyes:

Next time get out your concordance before you post. Bad doojie! :biglaugh:

Congrats on that minivan...we had to get a full sized one before we started to slim 'em down and pawn 'em off on someone else. Enjoy it while they are young...then they turn into teenagers and know everything... :rolleyes:

I needed my interlinear..... :evildenk:

I needed my interlinear..... :evildenk:

It was the word "breather" wasn't it? :huh:

"Breather," "bra," "thought".....whatever....;)

Common mistake...yup I can see it. :biglaugh:

Where's the lamsa translation, when we really need it?? :biglaugh:

Shhhh..don't tell no body but I put it in the pulpit at the redneck church next door.

If you want some respect from other drivers, put one of those socker ball emblems in the rear window. Anybody in their right mind KNOWS that such a person MUST be at fifteen places at the same time, and that their demeanor is not entirely "happy". They won't dare cut you off, or even honk because of a minor infraction.. Not even for a major infraction..

:biglaugh:

If I could, I'd build a brick wall between the two crumb snatchers.

ROFLMAO - That is precisely why I drive a mini-van. I have to warn ya, Chas, it doesn't get better as they get older. Mine are 8 and 10 and I still separate them in the car whenever possible. At this age, if they aren't hitting each other because they are fighting, they are hitting each other because they are playing (which undoubtedly will turn into a real fight in a matter of seconds).

I saw the wisdom of a mini-van way back before I ever had kids. The concept of each child having their own ROW! Genius!

One of my brothers would always complain that the other brother was LOOKING at him.

Or..

TOUCHING HIM...

OR

BREATHING HIS AIR....