GreaseSpot Cafe

Mirror

year2027

God first

Mirror

07-04-2007

Here I sat looking up into open space between space as I greet you my dear friends with God’s love, peace, and grace but not just from God but from the son, the Christ too.

Do you recall when you were a child and you put on your mother’s or father shoes and walk around as you saw them walk.

How many ways did we try to mirror our parents when we were young acting like them, talking like them, and dressing like them.

When I was in the Way cult it was said some like John Lynn, Chris Geer, and Craig Martindale mirrored Victor Paul Wierwille.

Victor Paul Wierwille the first cult leader of the Way was mirror as he walk, sin, and what ever he did by following him around as he did everyday thing fleshly.

But I guess Craig Martindale was the best mirror because he was handed the role of teacher to be the second to rule the way cult and the others moved to other jobs and places.

There are people who think that mirroring Jesus Christ trying to look like him is good but all so people who just look like Christ looked without trying anything.

But if we are to mirror Jesus Christ life on earth in which way if its not his outward look or the works he did.

Works we are too do has nothing to do with works Christ did because needs are all ways changing has time moves forward.

What we are to mirror of Christ’s walk is his spiritual love, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, and temperance.

By doing this we will fulfill the needs of the time we live in because we can not mirror him because sin has came in our walk while he never sin.

The best we can hope is to sin no more as we walk in the same kinds of spiritual fruits he did and is doing today.

It was God’s love that made him able to die without fear and its God’s love that helps us removed the fear of worldly death.

I hear so many people say they are going to feed the poor as Christ did but its not about picking works to do but doing works as God puts in our path one by one.

So I say its not about mirroring Christ in the things we can image but in the things that can not be picture in any art form.

The past tensed of love can be put in a picture but the spiritual love itself can only be showed as a image of what came and not what is.

A picture of what we love can be painted but spiritual love can not be seen its like God himself a emotion of love which is spiritual.

So I boldly say it’s the inner heart of Christ we are to mirror and not the outward fleshly looks of Christ or any man but Christ inner spiritual fruits which came out of his heart unto us.

We know Christ by his love, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, and temperance as we know each other by the mirror of Christ’s love, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, and temperance.

Yes its not about walking on water but how Christ walked on water as its not about feeling the poor but how we fed the poor.

Its not about dealing with the adversary but how we deal with the adversary like Jesus Christ did with love, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, and temperance.

So again I say what do we mirror the man we see or the fruits we can not see because they are spiritual in a ream greater than flesh but lest than God.

I will end here and wait to see what input I get back because you help me grow by your replies as I look into the inner space for truth.

Thank you, with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy.

The Guy in the Glass

by Dale Wimbrow, © 1934

When you get what you want in your struggle for pelf,

And the world makes you King for a day,

Then go to the mirror and look at yourself,

And see what that guy has to say.

For it isn't your Father, or Mother, or Wife,

Who judgement upon you must pass.

The feller whose verdict counts most in your life

Is the guy staring back from the glass.

He's the feller to please, never mind all the rest,

For he's with you clear up to the end,

And you've passed your most dangerous, difficult test

If the guy in the glass is your friend.

You may be like Jack Horner and "chisel" a plum,

And think you're a wonderful guy,

But the man in the glass says you're only a bum

If you can't look him straight in the eye.

You can fool the whole world down the pathway of years,

And get pats on the back as you pass,

But your final reward will be heartaches and tears

If you've cheated the guy in the glass.

--

could veepee look himself straight in the eye ? maybe the glass one

God first

Beloved Bolshevik and excathedra

God loves you my dear friends

Bolshevik - yes me too " Imitating twi leadership turned me into something I do not like"

excathedra - I enjoy that poem - maybe VPW never looked into a mirror without a bag on his head

thank you

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

I have seen people who imitated VPW and other leaders slavishly in an apparent effort to become a VPW or LCM clone, and I've said before that I don't think the purpose of Christ in me is for me to become a clone of anyone. I think the purpose of Christ in me is to magnify the good aspects of MY personality, and allow me to fulfill that unique role that I have in the body of Christ. I have seen people who imitate VPW to the point of imitating his jokes about India paper and drinking Drambouie, but I think that the point of Christ in a particular person is to allow that person to be able to teach the Bible in his or her own particular style and with his or her own particular viewpoint. I happen to enjoy Drambouie and really filthy jokes, but I did those things before my involvement with TWI and I still do them now that my involvement with TWI has ended. I think each person's role in the body is unique and any effort to imitate each other actually diminishes the Body of Christ rather than enhancing it. We don't need multiple Jeaniams running around, it is sufficient (some would say more than sufficient) that we have one; and, if I can say this without causing an uproar and a huge misunderstanding, we don't really need multiple clones of Jesus Christ running around, we had one and he has fulfilled his role in the Body. Now what we need to do is add his good qualities in our hearts so we can fulfill our own unique roles in the Body, IMHO. Yes, I know the Bible tells us to be imitators of Christ, that's not precisely what I was trying to say.

Edited by Jeaniam

God first

Beloved Jeaniam

God loves you my dear friend

I agree "the purpose of Christ in me is for me to become a clone of anyone"

yes "each person's role in the body is unique"

yes "add his good qualities in our hearts so we can fulfill our own unique roles in the Body" his kind of love, joy, peace and so on

yes love like Christ love is what I see we are to try to imitatore his love but in our own way being ourself doing it

thank you

jeannyam, what are you trying to say ?

Roy understood me very well. I was remembering a teaching I once heard on the subject of the uniqueness of everyone's gift of holy spirit, along the lines of my gift of holy spirit was uniquely suited to me and wouldn't work for you or any other believer, and the same for yours. I know there are verses that call upon us to be imitators of Christ, and also of Paul, but I don't think that means that we should try to be clones of each other. As Roy said, we should try to imitate their love, but in our own way, and being ourselves doing it.

BTW, thanks for the poem. I really enjoyed it.

Edited by Jeaniam

I love the way Roy thinks. Thanks for helping the rest of us think some of these thoughts too!

Just wanted to say that I tried to look up the word "imitate" in my Young's Concordance, and ... it aint there!

Well - maybe it is, and I'm just not seeing it - still pretty early in the morning - I need another cup of coffee.

I know we sure heard a lot about "imitating" Christ while in TWI. Where is that verse? What's the biblical meaning of "imitate"?

God first

Beloved Shifra

the Greek word G3402. mimetes, mim-ay-tace'; from G3401; an imitator:--follower.

is were they get imitator I think

1 Cor 4:16 Wherefore I beseech you, be ye (followers) of me.

1 Cor 11:1 Be ye (followers) of me, even as I also am of Christ.

Eph 5:1 Be ye therefore (followers) of God, as dear children;

1 Th 1:6 And ye became (followers) of us, and of the Lord, having received the word in much affliction, with joy of the Holy Ghost:

1 Th 2:14 For ye, brethren, became (followers) of the churches of God which in Judaea are in Christ Jesus: for ye also have suffered like things of your own countrymen, even as they have of the Jews:

Heb 6:12 That ye be not slothful, but (followers) of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

1 Pet 3:13 And who is he that will harm you, if ye be (followers) of that which is good?

or at least these come from a word that can be imitator

you all ways bless my heart thanks

thank you

Roy,

It's interesting to me that most of these verses come from the writings of Paul. Never liked him very much. He is telling us to imitate or follow HIM (Paul) or to imitate those in the church. This sort of copy-cat behavior is what lots of folks did in TWI, and probably still do ... copying leadership, copying VPW, etc. Yuk!

Imitating Jesus would be a different story. Are there any verses in the Gospels where Jesus tells us to imitate him? I remember where he says we will do GREATER things than he, but I don't remember any place where he tells us to actually imitate him. I'm asking, that's all.

Roy,

It's interesting to me that most of these verses come from the writings of Paul. Never liked him very much. He is telling us to imitate or follow HIM (Paul) or to imitate those in the church. This sort of copy-cat behavior is what lots of folks did in TWI, and probably still do ... copying leadership, copying VPW, etc. Yuk!

Imitating Jesus would be a different story. Are there any verses in the Gospels where Jesus tells us to imitate him? I remember where he says we will do GREATER things than he, but I don't remember any place where he tells us to actually imitate him. I'm asking, that's all.

There are many verses in the gospels where Jesus exhorts people to follow him, but it is a different Greek word (akoloutheo). I think it is significant that Paul encourages us to imitate him as he imitates Christ (1 Cor. 11:1); imitate us AND the Lord (1 Th. 1:6). I assume that means to imitate his walk with God, not his flesh (drinking Drambouie, smoking cigars, dirty jokes, etc.). As I said before, I enjoy Drambouie and risque jokes, but that is who I am, and VPW (or any other leader) have nothing to do with it. Your post makes a good point in that I don't think we are ever encouraged by Paul to 'copy-cat behavior'. I think his meaning is completely different.

Sorry, guys, I forgot to log in again. This is Jean not John.

Edited by johniam

Been doing some thinking and decided to start a thread in the Doctrine section about Paul. Seems like the Way taught more "Paul-ism" than Christianity. And personally, I think Paul was a conspirator. I don't want to side-track Roy's "Mirror" discussion, so please continue this thoughtful topic, and also join me in Doctrinal if you'd like. -Shifra.

God first

Beloved Shifra, excathedra, and Jean not johniam

Shifra - yes there are none other than Paul's words - why be there soon to join you

excathedra - yes I like Shifra's reply too

Jean not johniam - yes not 'copy-cat behavior' but the same focus on love - Paul like the rest of us did not allways walk as Christ which is in the love of God

thank you