GreaseSpot Cafe

A Few Big Things I Learned Taking PFAL

Doreen

A comment on Suda's post: Here's what I don't get... if you really like PFAL and want to hold onto it and give it the credit for helping you why don't you go back to the BG Leonard class?

It wasn't the BG Leonard ministry where some folks got their help, it was twi. Nothing wrong with BG Leonard ministry, but it sounds like you're trying to exclude twi from the body of Christ.

And yes, Dr. Wierwille was part of the Body of Christ.

Just ask CFF...

Edited by oldiesman

It wasn't the BG Leonard ministry where some folks got their help, it was twi. Nothing wrong with BG Leonard ministry, but it sounds like you're trying to exclude twi from the body of Christ.

And yes, Dr. Wierwille was part of the Body of Christ.

Just ask CFF...

If thine eye offend thee, pluck it out..... better to enter the kingdom with one eye than be assigned to hell fire with two

Oh, I forgot, that was for our learning.....

You hit the nail on the head, Rascal.

My sister not only waited until after VPW died to tell me what happened.

She waited for TWENTY TWO MORE YEARS after the incident first occurred. She waited until both I and my parents were safely OUT of TWI. Why?

She told me our family was all she had. She knew that if she told me what had really happened, we would not have believed her and she would have lost everything.

And you know what?

Sadly, she was right.

she waited till vpw died ok.

Cat, if I may...it is your story to tell...but I have read before and was deeply disturbed by your account of how vpw looked you straight in the eye and lied about why your 17 yr old sister had been thrown out. The man deliberately and coldly savaged her character and reputation and any respect or credibility that she had.

Whether it was because he had been thwarted or ....ed, or because he needed to cover his tracks to keep people from hearing her story....either one was a dispicable reason for a minister, a man who proclaimed to love God....it is inexcusable that they would destroy an innocent who had simply looked to them for spiritual guidance :(

I also remember talking with your father in chat and how he related to us that leadership had not asked,, but required that he not allow his own daughter in his home.....(whether to live of visit I forget....I hope that I have that correct)

Yes, you have that right.

What is interesting, is the persecution and character assassination of my sister did not stop with her refusal of VPW's advances in 1975. They continued, for decades after she left. I was constantly reminded not to get too close to her and to limit her access to my life. what the hell does THAT tell you about the organization?

In 1997, My father was called by his twig coordinator and TOLD to throw my sister out on the street. She was living with them at the time, and helping do things for our elderly parents that were too difficult for them to do.

At that time, I had just left TWI and told my parents why. So he was not surprised to get a phone call from them. My Mom and my sister were listening in on the extensions when this guy gave the order to toss her out. So there are plenty of witnesses to it.

My dad told the guy--

"I crawled across Europe on my belly so that I could have a home to come back to and raise a family of my own, and I'll be damned if I will let anyone tell me I have to throw them out!"

I have always been proud of my Dad for what he did in WWII, but I'm probably even MORE PROUD of the stand he took that day.

These people set out to destroy peoples lives with visciousness and utilizing any means within their power when thwarted. These grown adult older men savaging young naieve women who had no where to turn.

These aren`t the actions of benevolent ministers that made a few minor errors in judgement. It is cold hard calculated evil in my book.

Edited by Catcup

And......it SOUNDS LIKE you are trying to esteem Wierwille and discredit Leonard and exclude Leonard's teachings and guidance when wierwille was distraught, confused and ready to quit "his ministry" and find secular employment.

Mrs. Wierwille writes...........he (vp) was thrilled after sitting through B.G.'s class and, after sitting through it a second time in June/July of 1953, he (vp) rushed home to Ohio and started signing up others for "his" October class.

:doh:

she waited till vpw died ok.

NO, she did not wait for VPW to die.

If that was true, she would have said something in 1985.

She was so frightened if she told us what happened we would not believe her, and worse yet, cut her out of our lives forever.

So she waited until AFTER I left TWI of my own accord before she felt safe enough to tell me what happened.

That was Twenty Two years after the fact.

What does that tell you about the impact VPW left on her, and how frightened she was of the power of that organization over her family, that she was afraid to tell me the truth for twenty two years?

If she had an axe to grind, she would have spoken up years sooner.

That's not a person with an axe to grind. That's a person who is deeply and profoundly afraid.

Edited by Catcup

No, that is not what I meant.

4.) Someone who has recovered from rape myself

Here's another clue for you. VPW also tried to do this to my own 17 year old, virginal sister, and when she resisted, he ruined her life. I and my parents were left to deal with the fallout of the damage he caused. When I confronted him, he blustered, stormed, intimidated, and lied straight to my face.

snip

so catcup she(your sister) waited till he died and you were all safetly out of the way eh?

so you confronted him as a dead man? and he as a dead man blustered stormed and intimidated and lied straight to your face.

wow now it is getting frightening isnt it?

You hit the nail on the head, Rascal.

My sister not only waited until after VPW died to tell me what happened.

She waited for TWENTY TWO MORE YEARS after the incident first occurred. She waited until both I and my parents were safely OUT of TWI. Why?

She told me our family was all she had. She knew that if she told me what had really happened, we would not have believed her and she would have lost everything.

And you know what?

Sadly, she was right.

It says here "my sister not only waited until after VPW died to tell me what happened". care to change it now?

but 22 more years you do the math.

Catcup, awesome posts.

Why is it, its always the same couple of VP worshippers people spend their time on? Some of you, Oldies, et al., will never, ever get it or understand it.

What is is about VP to you? A father figure archtype - something you never had and he fills the void?

LCM, Geer, and some of you idolize him. It is idolitry.

Catcup, thanks for sharing, but sometimes, its best not to throw your pearls before swine.

Also as I have previously stated, I do not deny that there were good things that happened to some people. I simply attribute those good things to God, and not to the organization, its structure, its classes, or its programs.

I believe both were involved in blessings; God, and the organization and its participants.

Just like CFF...

If thine eye offend thee, pluck it out..... better to enter the kingdom with one eye than be assigned to hell fire with two

Well I don't know. If this were true and the proper way to think in this day and time, would CFF still be teaching ooodles of Wierwillianiams?

If der vey ever loses it's cold grip on the property, the new owners could make a fortune.. just dig up the fountain site..

Can't start a REAL offshoot without a few "holy" relics..

"your Majesty. Here! An authentic finger of St. vic the "divine".."

sheesh.

And......it SOUNDS LIKE you are trying to esteem Wierwille and discredit Leonard and exclude Leonard's teachings and guidance when wierwille was distraught, confused and ready to quit "his ministry" and find secular employment.

I never met B.G. Leonard and probably wouldn't know a thing about the man if it hadn't been for twi. I am thankful for his stand too.

Catcup, awesome posts.

Why is it, its always the same couple of VP worshippers people spend their time on? Some of you, Oldies, et al., will never, ever get it or understand it.

What is is about VP to you? A father figure archtype - something you never had and he fills the void?

Catcup, thanks for sharing, but sometimes, its best not to throw your pearls before swine.

Sunesis, you are free to call me anytime, or communicate with me anytime at any venue and discuss. Even face to face. That's if you have the courage to reveal yourself.

Oldies, maybe we knew each other when I lived in NYC.

But you're schtick has grown old. For years now - yes years, it seems almost everyone one WD or GC has tried to share with you, tried to get you to see it from the young girl's point of view.

You:

1. Don't believe ANY of them - how many dozens of incidents have been related here?

2. Don't care - that's a big one

3. Feel they somehow "deserved" it

3. Wonder, why didn't the ones forced just say "no"

4. You're glorious experience was the way it really was

5. Believe everyone is lying.

So, on this topic - why does anyone want to waste their time explaining it to you and the newbies here, who come in here with absolutely no clue as to what's gone on - the history here, don't bother to read the articles and demand to be educated.

I have seen some heartrending experieneces shared here.

Not once, Oldies - not once - have you ever said, I am sorry that happened, I feel for you.

Never.

Ever.

You're like a sick voyeur.

You're tiring.

I dunno. Gathering people into a gang around some little part or parcel of truth.. pretty miserable existence. Then you have to defend your "truth"'s honor, against all the other little parts and parcels in the world..

Claim you have a "bigger" piece of the pie..

does it really give some people that good of a feeling?

it's like a damn drug.. the first pinprick is probably pretty awful..sacrifice your own logic and standards..

after a few times, "so what".. "just a little sexual indescretion. He's just a man.. after all I FEEL so GOOD.."

Some of us don't need cult recovery, I think we need rehab..

It says here "my sister not only waited until after VPW died to tell me what happened". care to change it now?

but 22 more years you do the math.

Pond, I have related this story on WayDale and GSC before. So I have reiterated only certain portions in order to not belabor the incident. however, for your benefit, since you are missing some chronology and details, here it is again.

In 1975 after I ran a PFAL class for my parents, I went in residence in the 6th Way Corps, and my perfectly well-adjusted 17 year old sister went out WOW Ambassador.

So, my parents are brand new grads, and my sister is a brand new WOW, and I am brand new Way Corps. Capiche? Good.

VPW that fall gets his bright, shiny, brand new motorcoach, and takes it on a whirlwind tour to visit the WOW ambassadors. He also discovers it has nifty side benefits.

Thanksgiving comes, and my excited brand-new-grad parents make a long-haul two day trip from southern Indiana to a coastal state to visit my sister and her WOW family. They are treated warmly and lovingly, with hugs all around. My sister and her WOW family are happy and excited, and announce VPW is coming for a visit in a few days. My parents leave and make the long-haul two day trip all the way back home to Indiana.

In a little while, I get pulled aside in residence in Emporia. I have a phone call. Some kind of emergency at home. I go to the phone, pick it up, and my Mom is on the other end. It seems almost as soon as they got home, they got a call from someone on the WOW field to come and pick up my sister. No explanation, no nothing. No time to even ask a question. Just come pick her up, immediately. Click.

So, my parents, who JUST GOT HOME from their long trip and are not even unpacked, have to turn around, climb back into the car, spend another two days to drive all the way back out to where my sister is to find out what is going on. Her stuff is packed and at the curb. No hello, no how are you, no hugs. No explanation. Just take her and get out of here. They were treated rudely and brusquely. This confused them after such a warm welcome just a few days before. For two days they drive home through the hills and hollows of South Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, and finally Indiana. My sister did not speak a word the entire time. Nor did she eat a single bite of food, or drink a drop of anything. She just silently sobbed.

When they got her home she would not come out of her room. She would not get out of bed. They could not get her to talk or eat. She could not sleep. All she did was cry.

And cry.

So my Mom called me and asked me what to do. My sister wouldn't tell them anything. Mom and Dad were confused about how they were treated. They knew something was wrong, but didn't know what it was or what to do. She wanted my advice and wanted to know if I knew who to talk to to find out what happened. I knew VPW would be at Emporia the next day and I knew that whatever happened had to have transpired while he was there. Surely he would know what happened. Surely I could ask him, and he would gently and honestly tell me what happened to her and why she was sent home, and why my parents were treated so coldly. Surely he would make that right and find out why my parents were treated that way, and give me advice on how to handle the situation with my sister.

So that afternoon I wrote him a letter and took it to interoffice to make sure it would be there for him as soon as he arrived.

Next day, me and VP. "What can I do for you?" He seemed surprised I knew about this WOW in S. Carolina. Then he quickly connected the dots that I was her sister, and he became unhinged. I asked him to tell me what happened that day when he visited my sister in South Carolina, and why was she dismissed from the Wow Field. I began to tell him how coldly my parents were treated and he became flustered, loud, and thunderously declared in an intimidating manner, "She just couldn't handle the WOW field!!!!!! Any other questions???!!!!!!!!!" His manner led me to believe he felt I was asking intrusive questions that I should already know the answer to. The insinuation was, she was possessed. I felt lower than dirt for even bringing it up and upsetting "THE Man of God." I must have a lot to learn spiritually if I don't understand this, so I guess I'm just novice Corps who needs to just shut up and go away.

When Mom called and asked how that turned out, I had no answers for her. My sister was even worse and my parents, new grads, were at their wits end. They eventually send her to counseling. It doesn't help. Nothing seems to help. How does a person who has been well-adjusted all her life, suddenly in the matter of two or three days, turn into a person who cannot eat or sleep, and cries 24/7?

My sister eventually makes an effort to return to fellowship after about a year.

So now we are talking 1976-77.

She starts tentatively going back to fellowship. Because she is an advanced class grad, the branch leader decides to give her a twig.

Without consulting whether or not she feels capable of leading one.

He simply announces at a branch meeting that she will be the next new twig leader.

She stands up, stops him, and begins to try to tell him she doesn't think she is in a position to be responsible for other people's lives yet.

He thunders across the room at her how much of a cop-out she is, and that because of people like her our entire country is going to hell in a handbasket.

She walked out and never went back to a fellowship again.

I saw her at family gatherings and when I would come home for visits to my parents.

She never, ever, while I was still in The Way ministry, spoke ONE, not ONE word against VPW or TWI. NOT ONE.

1985. VPW dies. That is what, 10 years after the incident.

VPW is dead. My sister STILL has not told me what happened, and I do not ask. I have been repeatedly warned to limit her access to my heart. My sister had plenty of opportunity to say whatever she wanted, and IF she wanted to say something, she didn't.

February, 1997. After decades of confronting people in TWI, and getting defamed for it, I finally leave.

March 1997. Indiana leadership inform my parents they have to put my sister out of their house. Dad refuses and tells them to kiss off.

Still, my sister is silent. She still has not said anything. Why? She wants to make sure our leaving is for real before she does. She doesn't want to speak too soon and then be cut out of our lives.

June or July 1997. Sister purchases her first computer from Geek and we go down to Indiana to deliver it and put it together. Geek puts it together and goes upstairs.

It's our first time on the internet. I put The Way International in the search engine. The first thing that comes up is M's story.

I read it. I recognize her. I am shocked.

My sister looks at it for the first time. She asks me, timidly, "What do you think about her story?" I was stunned. I didn't know what to say.

Then my sister finally felt safe enough to let her story tumble out.

She told me she had kept it to herself for so long because she was afraid no one would believe her, and that we would cut her out of her life, and we were all she had.

1975 to 1997. That's twenty two years she COULD have said derrogatory things about VPW and didn't, because she was afraid. TWELVE of those years, VPW was dead. If she was waiting for him to DIE before she brought it up, she would have brought it up TWELVE YEARS EARLIER.

She kept silent out of fear of losing the only family she had.

Now if you cannot understand that, I have no earthly words to describe your density.

Catcup, awesome posts.

You're right Sunesis, there are some real pigs out there.

But this pearl is for those who sit and read silently in tears...and understand.

Is it possible to be greatly thankful for what you got from TWI and deeply sorrowful for the unimaginable hurt someone else received in TWI? Whether or not certain people fit that category is not my question. Just wanna know, is it possible?

Yes, I believe it is possible.

I believe both were involved in blessings; God, and the organization and its participants.

Just like CFF...

Well I don't know. If this were true and the proper way to think in this day and time, would CFF still be teaching ooodles of Wierwillianiams?

So you now worship not only VPWs words, but also enshrine the efforts of other men as well?

You're right Sunesis, there are some real pigs out there.

That's mighty Christian of you, Catcup. You and Sunesis make a great tag team.

Am also wondering, if you really think, deep down, of CFF leaders and teachers as pigs and wusses for still respecting Wierwille and PFAL.

That's mighty Christian of you, Catcup. You and Sunesis make a great tag team.

Am also wondering, if you really think, deep down, of CFF leaders and teachers as pigs and wusses for still respecting Wierwille and PFAL.

Why, feeling porky, Oldies?

And I am also wondering, why you want MY opinion on CFF leaders? And which ones? Aha. That's the rub, isn't it, now.

Another thing you choose to forget: I am not personally involved.

For all you who don't get it already, Oldies is wanting to lead the thread on yet another direction now as a way to deflect attention from himself, and has been trying to do it for several pages.

Edited by Catcup

So you now worship not only VPWs words, but also enshrine the efforts of other men as well?

I wouldn't call it worship, that is a false accusation; but am thankful for their efforts.

I didn't realize Catcup that you are no longer are involved in CFF, personally. That may actually encourage more people to attend.