GreaseSpot Cafe

The law of believing-NO GOD NEEDED

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote: Ahhhh... but there is that "nasty" little verse in Ephesians that says that God will do exceedingly abundantly above...

The verse says "that is able to do" not "will do".

Yeah!!

Who needs namby-pamby words like "will" when we can get big power packed words like SHALL.

Philippians 4:19

" My God shall supply all your need according to your believing."

OOPs! That last part was supposed to be "according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus."

:rolleyes:

Well I do believe one thing; if its a choice between it being God's fault or my believing, I will choose my believing...

Gee, nothing circular about that logic, huh?

OM, I can see no way whereby one could falsify the "Law of Believing", at least by Wayferite standards of logic. Don't you find that troubling?

So what's *your* answer George? You believe the bible is hogwash, while at the same time offer no answers except the bible is hogwash.

"Nope, not God's fault, you just weren't 'believing'."

ERGO------"It's your own fault."

What other alternative is there?

Consider these verses:

Isa 53:5 But he [was]wounded for our transgressions, [he was] bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace [was] upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
1Pe 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
Now as a biblical student who believes the bible, I am confronted with these verses and believe them and communicate with folks that it is God's will they are healed, ... that Jesus made it available through his works and sacrifice.

It was even available before his sacrifice:

Mat 10:8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.
Jhn 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater [works]than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

But the person, for whatever reason, after hearing the Word, is still sick.

That'd mean either the person is not believing or I am not believing or, God and his Word is a lie, no?

So what's *your* answer George? You believe the bible is hogwash, while at the same time offer no answers except the bible is hogwash.

What other alternative is there?

Consider these verses:

Now as a biblical student who believes the bible, I am confronted with these verses and believe them and communicate with folks that it is God's will they are healed, ... that Jesus made it available through his works and sacrifice.

That'd mean either the person is not believing or I am not believing or, God and his Word is a lie, no?

Occam's Razor - the principle that entities should not be multiplied needlessly; the simplest of two competing theories is to be preferred.

. . .

Consider these verses:

Or you're condeming the sick for being sick and the dead for dying.

If oldies is stating the Bible accurately I don't see how that makes him condemning anyone. The Bible says certain people will go to "Hell". If oldies cites what the reasons are determining who those people are how is that him personally condemning anyone? He's just stating what the Bible says and judges.

snip

Are those the only options?

Do you think it is possible to say, -----------

" I did not receive, (not because God and His Word are a lie or because of my unbelief or the unbelief of others), but, rather, because the so called "Law" of believing is unfounded and has no merit as an absolute law."?

You see, that way you are not blaming God or his Word or yourself or those whose "unbelief" foiled your results, you are putting the blame where it belongs.

You are putting it on the reality that this so-called "law" is a sham.

" I did not receive, (not because God and His Word are a lie or because of my unbelief or the unbelief of others), but, rather, because the so called "Law" of believing is unfounded and has no merit as an absolute law."?

You see, that way you are not blaming God or his Word or yourself or those whose "unbelief" foiled your results, you are putting the blame where it belongs.

I suppose you could put it that way but, in doing so won't you have to ignore certain verses in the Bible -- like -- Matthew 9:29 Then touched he their eyes, saying, According to your faith be it unto you.? I mean if their "faith" had nothing to do with getting healed then why did Jesus make that statement?

snip

The Bible says certain people will go to "Hell".

snip

Actually, Larry, I'm not so sure The Bible says "people" will go to hell.

It does talk about a special place being reserved for certain spirits, but not people.

I could be wrong.

I haven't looked at that matter for quite some time.

Actually, Larry, I'm not so sure The Bible says "people" will go to hell.

It does talk about a special place being reserved for certain spirits, but not people.

I could be wrong.

I haven't looked at that matter for quite some time.

Well, waysider, I'm not a believer in a literal "Hell". But like you, I haven't studied the subject for awhile. I'll take a quick peek (in a bit) and see if I can find a reference.

Matthew 5:22-23. That's one. :)

Matthew 23:33 That's two.

Revelations 20:13 That's three.

Not at all. No condemnation, just trying to understand with the truth is.

Can you answer the question other than "the law of believing is unfounded and has no merit ..."?

You didn't answer the question.

Just following your example.

Ever thought of writing an article yourself on how on earth someone reading the Bible would come up with "The Law of Believing?"

True, but if he speaks the words that Jesus said then it's Jesus that is doing the judging. Did Jesus refer to it as "the law of believing"? NO! But he did say it was a requirement. If believing is a requirement then I don't see how that's any different that saying it's a law. It's just semantics.

No, its just people's lives being engulfed in a fruitless endeavor to be healed.

This thing has taken so many twist and turns and gone off on so many tangents, you would think there would be personal, anecdotal evidence out the yingyang. (good or bad)

The key word here is personal, as in, "This actually happened to me as a result of the law of believing."

I'm not gonna tell ya what I'm "believing" will happen.

It's kinda like keeping your wish a secret as you break the "wishbone".

Anybody?

Can you illustrate how the "law of believing" was a causative factor?

Well, let's be clear here. I really don't care what you call it. But if it's necessary for you to believe God can heal you before you get healed what would you call it?

In any case, instead of an example of healing I think I'll give you an example of a miracle instead.

I was riding my motorcycle home from work one evening when it began to downpour. There was two considerations that went through my mind. 1. I didn't want to get wet and 2. I knew the danger of riding on a slick road.

So in my mind (with the "law" of believing) I claimed that it would stop raining. It didn't. But what did happen was it didn't rain on me and the road where my tires made contact was dry. (I've often wondered if someone, somewhere else was praying for it to rain and therefore that was the way God met my particular need).

Now call it "law of believing" or whatever but one thing I know is I don't think it would have occurred if I didn't know it was available and how to receive it.

I don't understand what you mean. Can you elaborate on this?

there are folks who have spent decades applying the "Law of Believing" and are being used as an example of healing, when they are obviously still sick. "The Law of Believing" simply separates a person's mind from reality. They believe they are healed, when they are obviously not.

edited for grammer

Edited by Bolshevik