GreaseSpot Cafe

The law of believing-NO GOD NEEDED

quote: Believing is a law. As one believes, he receives. On the negative side, fear is believing: fear is believing in reverse,

it produces ill results.

One thing to keep in mind: in the pfal example of the woman whose child was run over by a car, the woman didn't just blow the negative thought off the top of her head, she obsessed. She was constantly fearful that something would happen to her little Johnny. Even the scriptures about Job reveal that he "continually" offered offerings and feared that his children had cursed God. So when VP said that both fear and faith produce results, it wasn't passive. It should go without saying that death claims us all and is absurd to think that VP feared that he would die of cancer.

There we go again with Job.

Job is NOT criticized in the Bible for being fearful. The example of him offering sacrifices for his children is presented as a COMPLIMENT to show how righteous and upstanding he was. Job's fear did NOT, directly or indirectly, harshly or softly, contribute to what happened to his children. That is Wierwillian FICTION. Job had the natural fear of every parent that something might happen to his children. VPW took a natural expression of Job's despair and turned it into a crippling fear that brought calamity on his family. It's hogwash.

The greatest fear of any parent is that something horrible will happen to their children. It is NOT something that causes these things to happen.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there were 'no law of believing' then there would likewise be 'no law of love' for one can not exist without the other. They are inextricably bound like the sides from the same coin. One might do better arguing away the law of love before they do the law of believing. But some people's arguments are so intellectual I have no doubt they could argue away that law too. The saddest part of it is, I honestly believe there are enough fools out there eager and willing to listen to them.

But have they truly disproven the law of believing? No, they have only proven that they have no need for it. What they have proven is that they have no need for God. Intellectuals don't need God. All they need is their deceptive reasoning because faith and believing are requirements for those who trust in something bigger than themselves and in what they can't see.

The greatest fear of any parent is that something horrible will happen to their children. It is NOT something that causes these things to happen.

That's true. Every parent at one time or another entertains thoughts about something bad happening to their children. But not every parent is obsessed with such thoughts. I suppose it might have been coincidental that the woman mentioned in PFAL just so happened to have a fear that her son would get run over by a car and lo and behold that's what happened. I suppose if the child had died another way VP would have had to find another example to make his point. Afterall -- it wouldn't have fit in very well if the child died in some other fashion.

Well, I guess VP must have been obsessed with fear for years - for he got what he believed for - Cancer

LCM must have been obsessing for years over losing his job - and, lo and behold, look what happened - his long time fear caught up with him.

These people operated the principle of believing in the negative and look what happened to them.

You cannot refute this, this is VP's own words, backed up by people on here who believe him.

Why would anyone want to idolize leadership that was full of fear for years?

So, why don't we find the ''woman who believed negatively and whos son was killed by the car"?

You know, get her take on it. How much fear did she have? Was she ''obsessed" about it? How did VP find out about it?

What mother doesn't teach their kid to look both ways before crossing the street? Come on with that excuse, Oldies....

Is there / was there such a woman???????

I am beginning to think he pulled it out of his arse so he could have a really dramatic/horrifying example. <_<

Even I didn't like my last post. You're right. It was unclear. Thanks for pointing that out, Oldies. You quoted VP with this:

God is the one who makes things happen, not my believing.

VPW

I want to acknowledge that I understand and agree with the purpose of your posting that. You were asserting once again that he didn't teach "the law of believing" in an atheistic way. It's the "law" thing that I'm getting at. I feel you've proven your point about it not being atheistic.

But what killed that little boy, Oldies? Was it the fear in the heart of that mother? (That's one question with two question marks.)

Let's just keep it to that. According to your current understanding, Oldies, what killed that little boy?

av-3138.jpg

Even I didn't like my last post. You're right. It was unclear. Thanks for pointing that out, Oldies. You quoted VP with this:

VPW

I want to acknowledge that I understand and agree with the purpose of your posting that. You were asserting once again that he didn't teach "the law of believing" in an atheistic way. It's the "law" thing that I'm getting at. I feel you've proven your point about it not being atheistic.

But what killed that little boy, Oldies? Was it the fear in the heart of that mother? (That's one question with two question marks.)

Let's just keep it to that. According to your current understanding, Oldies, what killed that little boy?

Dan, I think you misquoted me. I believe I said this:

You say it, you believe it, and God will bring it to pass.

This quote is from PFAL and to the best of my recollection, VPW made the above comment in the context of believing God's promises in the Word.

Was not spoken in the context of bad things, like disease and death, etc.

What killed the little boy? Obviously the car that hit him. Look, this was a teaching tool of VPW. I can see the point he was making about fear and the way I took at that one was , the mother was always afraid to have the child walk home alone, so she always met him, and never taught him the correct way to cross the street.

I do not believe that she transitted her fear through the atmosphere and it killed the boy.

I quoted you quoting VP accurately; it was a different one of your posts, Oldies

Here's your post I quoted from. It's post #192

Now that I've read a few more of your recent posts explaining about the woman not teaching her kid to cross the street, I don't know what to say. I thought VP said that it was the fear in the heart of that woman that killed that little boy. If even today, you don't follow his reasoning, or I don't. He was teaching that believing equals receiving, and fear was the negative side of believing, and it too equaled receiving.

And the quote in post 192 (your post) says

You attributed that to VPW. Like I said, you did it to prove he wasn't teaching an atheistic law. Correct.

Now you speculate (I suppose... I've never heard any suggestion to this effect before) that the woman may not have taught her child to cross the street. I follow your reasoning: her fear may have caused her to do this. But you don't answer the question directly. VP said it was fear that killed the little boy. Do you believe that?

Oldies said" the mother was always afraid to have the child walk home alone, so she always met him, and never taught him the correct way to cross the street."

What mother doesn't teach their kid to look both ways before crossing the street? Come on with that excuse, Oldies....

In case you missed it :)

Then you said: "I do not believe that she transitted her fear through the atmosphere and it killed the boy."

But that is what was taught, and what the Way's def of believing is. That is why we are going back and forth here.

:blink: This may be how YOU interpreted it, but it is obviously not how most interpreted it, and I am sure is not what VP meant. But, we'll never know.....................

av-3138.jpg

I quoted you quoting VP accurately; it was a different one of your posts, Oldies

Now that I've read a few more of your recent posts explaining about the woman not teaching her kid to cross the street, I don't know what to say. I thought VP said that it was the fear in the heart of that woman that killed that little boy. If even today, you don't follow his reasoning, or I don't. He was teaching that believing equals receiving, and fear was the negative side of believing, and it too equaled receiving.

And the quote in post 192 (your post) says

You attributed that to VPW. Like I said, you did it to prove he wasn't teaching an atheistic law. Correct.

Now you speculate (I suppose... I've never heard any suggestion to this effect before) that the woman may not have taught her child to cross the street. I follow your reasoning: her fear may have caused her to do this. But you don't answer the question directly. VP said it was fear that killed the little boy. Do you believe that?

Yes that's the way I remember he taught it.

But what kind of fear and how did it actually work? Negative thought waves of doubt and worry transmitted through the atmosphere? Or, not ever teaching her kid to cross properly because she always thought and wanted him to be picked up?

Oldies said" the mother was always afraid to have the child walk home alone, so she always met him, and never taught him the correct way to cross the street."

In case you missed it :)

Then you said: "I do not believe that she transitted her fear through the atmosphere and it killed the boy."

But that is what was taught, and what the Way's def of believing is. That is why we are going back and forth here.

:blink: This may be how YOU interpreted it, but it is obviously not how most interpreted it, and I am sure is not what VP meant. But, we'll never know.....................

I can say the same about YOUR interpretation. VP didn't say that fear was "negative thought waves transmitted through the atmosphere" that caused calamities, did he? That was how YOU took it. I didn't take it that way.

av-3138.jpg

Dan, that wasn't VP I was quoting, it was Groucho Marx. Look at the quote again...

Edited by oldiesman

On the positive side, yes. On the negative side, no.

I think that's where VP could have gotten it wrong.... i.e., "The Law Of Believing on the Negative Side".

It doesn't make sense to me and as I look at the scripture I don't see where Jesus taught this...

Edited by oldiesman

Forgive the double post... rather than editing, since I might finish the edit after Oldies replies.

I think chit happens. That's what killed that little boy. I admit, both fear and faith are powerful forces that will affect "our receiving." Certainly Jesus taught that faith "moves mountains."

"Be it unto you according to your faith."

"If thou canst believe. All things are possible to him that believeth."

etc.

All that is fine. But it would be just plain wrong to assert that a mother's fear of her little boy being killed in an autoMObile accident is the reason it happened. And that's what DrW did in the class. That's all I'm saying, Oldies.

OK, we are indeed posting at the same time. Just read your reply, and thank you. I was beginning to lose faith in you! Give you up as "not ready" or something!

On the positive side, then. You feel that Jesus taught that believing was a "law"? That is, like the law of gravity. Was Jesus teaching his disciples "keys to the more abundant life" that he came to give?

Edited by anotherDan

I have feared for many years that I'd lose my good looks as I get older. Hasn't happened yet. Just the opposite.

I have believed diligently for years for my IQ to drop 10-15 points, just to even things up with some of you geniuses here. Hasn't happened yet. If anything, it's going up.

I am walking living breathing proof - ain' no such thing as dat dere deal believing, dat danged ol' thing a muh dag dabbit, now.

Edited by socks

There are contradictions and errors in PFAL. It isn't God Breathed, after all. :)

But it isn't atheistic either.

As written, I agree with this post.

As a whole, the 12 sessions of pfal are not atheistic- not in the usual sense of "antagonistic to religion"

nor in the specific sense Juedes meant- which was technically correct- of a 12 session class

where God was irrelevant.

However,

Juedes didn't say the entirety of pfal, all 12 sessions, were atheistic.

He said the so-called "LAW" of believing was "atheistic", that is, God was irrelevant to the

system. It required "laws of the universe", and occasionally mentioned God,

but He was incidental at best to any practical application of these supposed "laws".

Believing could get you RED DRAPES, or kill your child, or give a hypochondriac illnesses he

never had-just claimed he did.

On the positive side, yes. On the negative side, no.

I think that's where VP could have gotten it wrong.... i.e., "The Law Of Believing on the Negative Side".

It doesn't make sense to me and as I look at the scripture I don't see where Jesus taught this...

Ok, here's what we agree on, and what we don't agree on.

"vpw got believing in reverse wrong"- check.

"We should believe the promises of God"- check.

"God made an immutable law for sinner and nonsinner of believing"- no check.

Believing God? Good thing.

Claiming that's some sort of "law"? Not so much.

We agree on quite a bit, though.

I also agree with Oldie's above, and also Oldie’s green gas of negative believing (he used different words). By sheer logic, however, if it’s green gas in the negative, it’s green gas in the positive. Meaning, the power comes from God and not our minds. In which case, it doesn’t really work for saint and sinner alike. I bet Oldies’s would agree with that too. Just guessin’. :)