GreaseSpot Cafe

When Squirrels Attack!!

J0nny Ling0

http://www.wesh.com/news/14052662/detail.html

Squirrel Attacks At Day Care

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A squirrel attacked up to three people at a day care playground Wednesday.

The victims included a child and a highway patrol trooper.

The boy's name is not being released. He is being treated at Arnold Palmer Children's Hospital.

Click here to find out more!

Day care center workers said the boy was bitten nine times.

Fire Rescue and Animal Control responded to the incident.

A highway patrol trooper was bitten before the boy, and there are conflicting reports saying a female worker was bitten or that she fell and scratched her arm.

None of the injuries seem to be life-threatening, officials said. "Apparently the squirrel was completely out of control" said highway patrolman Lazlo Slocum. "When I walked into the kids play area looking for the squirrel, as I passed a tree on my right and while looking up, all of the sudden there was a screeching blinding blur coming straight for my face! I tried to cover up, but, it was too late! The little horror attached himself to my face like a sucker fish on a glob of night crawlers! And he was clawin' me and bitin' me as I rolled to the ground, screaming in agony! Finally I managed to grab him and throw him off, and when he hit the ground, he ran up a tree and began to scold me. I held my gun on him though, waitin' for my back up to arrive. I wanted to shoot him right then and there, but thought better of it, with the kids around and all. Too bad I didn't though, because that's when he attacked the boy".

Slocum, still dazed by the attack and nursing his facial wounds, failed to notice a boy standing nearby holding a peanut butter sandwich up in the air towards the squirrel as if in a peace offering. In fact, by this time, the squirrel, "chirring" in a friendly way, had come down the tree trunk toward the boy in a friendly manner to take the tid bit from his hand. When it became clear to Slocum what was happening, he shouted; "Nooooooooo"! But it was too late. The squirrel jumped through the air from the trunk, and scrambled up the boys leg and tried to bite him in a place that no boy wants to get bitten! Yeah, a different kind of nuts we suppose. Luckily, the boy turned just in time, and was only bitten on his right but-tocks. Officer Lazlo Slocum, still with gun in hand aimed and fired three quick shots as the squirrel raced for the bushes, but, to no avail. Missed him. The squirrel got away, leaving the spectators and the wounded to the only sound that could be heard: The nearby sound of the Mocking Bird.

"It seemed as if there was something diabolical in the whole incident. Absolutely diabolical I tell ya", said Earlene Shifflet the playground monitor and the one who made the initial 9-1-1 call. "It was like the animals was sendin' us a message or somethin. And, that squirrel reminded me of the one in that Ray Stevens song that tore up that church down in that sleepy little town of Pascagoula. Weird! And man, that damn Mockin' Bird really creeped me out when it was all over. What'd we ever do to them?"

And so, the people of Orlando are on the look out for what may be one of the most dangerous squirrels to date. The officer and boy will undergo the usual rabies vaccinations, since the squirrel could not be examined. Could this be the beginnings of another version of Hitchcock's "The Birds"?

And so, what gives? Ham? Please explain. Enquiring minds want to know

Edited by Jonny Lingo

http://www.wesh.com/news/14052662/detail.html

Squirrel Attacks At Day Care

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A squirrel attacked up to three people at a day care playground Wednesday.

The victims included a child and a highway patrol trooper.

The boy's name is not being released. He is being treated at Arnold Palmer Children's Hospital.

Click here to find out more!

Day care center workers said the boy was bitten nine times.

Fire Rescue and Animal Control responded to the incident.

A highway patrol trooper was bitten before the boy, and there are conflicting reports saying a female worker was bitten or that she fell and scratched her arm.

None of the injuries seem to be life-threatening, officials said. "Apparently the squirrel was completely out of control" said highway patrolman Lazlo Slocum. "When I walked into the kids play area looking for the squirrel, as I passed a tree on my right and while looking up, all of the sudden there was a screeching blinding blur coming straight for my face! I tried to cover up, but, it was too late! The little horror attached himself to my face like a sucker fish on a glob of night crawlers! And he was clawin' me and bitin' me as I rolled to the ground, screaming in agony! Finally I managed to grab him and throw him off, and when he hit the ground, he ran up a tree and began to scold me. I held my gun on him though, waitin' for my back up to arrive. I wanted to shoot him right then and there, but thought better of it, with the kids around and all. Too bad I didn't though, because that's when he attacked the boy".

Slocum, still dazed by the attack and nursing his facial wounds and trying to hold his gun up, failed to notice a boy standing nearby holding a peanut butter sandwich up in the air towards the squirrel as if in a peace offering. In fact, by this time, the squirrel, "chirring" in a friendly way, had come down the tree trunk toward the boy in a friendly manner to take the tid bit from his hand. When it became clear to Slocum what was happening, his loudly shouted; "Nooooooooo"! echoed off of the nearby trees and buildings. But it was too late. The squirrel jumped through the air from the trunk, and scrambled up the boys leg and tried to bite him in a place that no boy wants to get bitten! Yeah, a different kind of nuts we suppose. Luckily, the boy turned just in time, and was only bitten numerous times on his right but-tocks. His screaming still haunts those who heard it. Officer Lazlo Slocum, still with gun in hand aimed and fired three quick shots as the squirrel raced for the bushes, but, to no avail. Missed him. The squirrel got away, leaving the spectators and the wounded to the only sound that could be heard: The nearby sound of the Mocking Bird.

"It seemed as if there was something diabolical in the whole incident. Absolutely diabolical I tell ya", said Earlene Shifflet the playground monitor and the one who made the initial 9-1-1 call. "It was like the animals was sendin' us a message or somethin. And, that squirrel reminded me of the one in that Ray Stevens song that tore up that church down in that sleepy little town of Pascagoula. Weird! And man, that damn Mockin' Bird really creeped me out when it was all over. What'd we ever do to them?"

And so, the people of Orlando are on the look out for what may be one of the most dangerous squirrels to date. The officer and boy will undergo the usual rabies vaccinations, since the squirrel could not be examined. Could this be the beginnings of another version of Hitchcock's "The Birds"?

Edited by Jonny Lingo

Well, it has since been reported that the squirrel had the characteristics of those normally found in New Knoxville, Ohio!

And so, the mods can delete this thread, since I copied it and pasted it over on a new thread in "Open". Report it, eh? Okay. But, I don't see a "report" link. Maybe I'll just leave it lay...

:biglaugh:

"Most bad Tempered Rodent"<br>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="

name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object><br> Obviously a relative

Too funny!

Law enforcement is missing it's "golden opportunity". Sure, a few kids might get mauled.. officers maimed.. but what if.. what if.

They could covertly train massive armies of these little bits of fury on four legs.. and set them on a mission. Run gangs out of Orlando, Tampa, Detroit..

Law enforcement is missing it's "golden opportunity". Sure, a few kids might get mauled.. officers maimed.. but what if.. what if.

They could covertly train massive armies of these little bits of fury on four legs.. and set them on a mission. Run gangs out of Orlando, Tampa, Detroit..

Or they could send them in to Iran as spies. This is a "real" news story.

Best quote from the MSNBC news story: "Still, the squirrels that breached the Iranian border carrying sensitive spying equipment must have been nuts."

Iran's spying squirrels:

http://worldblog.msnbc.msn.com/archive/200.../20/280529.aspx