GreaseSpot Cafe

The New Theme

Belle

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a deep sadness in all of this - to me anyway...

We can sit and point and laugh, because we were once a part of that group. We were willing to be Jesus freaks. (emphasis on "freaks") Now it seems they are willing to be "nerds for Jesus."

I mean no disrespect. These people are genuinely doing what they believe is right. They are singing with all they have and believing one of two (maybe more) things:

1. I will serve the Lord until my dying day with my voice. I'm willing to look foolish if it means the God gets the glory.

2. I know this is wrong. It feels wrong! I just don't know what else to do.

Someone told these folks, "This is what you will be wearing." Maybe some of them groaned. Most likely the speech came that explained why these were the most appropriate costumes for the event. I'll even be willing to waiger that the skirts weren't made for each woman - but rather sewed in a general fashion and kept in a "costume stable." They are all smiling - because that's what you DO on stage - smile.

I don't even know how to explain what I feel when I look at this. Sure, I laughed and even got angry. But now it just all seems incredibly sad to me...

Edited by doojable

Yeah.. had I somehow gone on staff, it very well could have been me.

A heck of a way to spend a "retirement".. some of these people are approaching at least what the world considers retirement age. And the powers "that be" very likely extracted labor from each of them, at least twice of what anybody in "the world" would require..

so I wonder what's the plan? what are they gonna do at 65?

moneyhands seems to have enough bases covered.. and rosie the ribiter.. I don't know about donna..

We've all got things in our TWI past that make us cringe or that are so horribly embarrassing that we wish to never remember them. It's just a painful reminder of how absolutely ridiculous involvement with TWI was for some of us and how powerless we allowed ourselves to become.....how absolutely degraded we were, worse - how much we debased our own selves.

We were "humiliated for Christ" - it's the same ole ~ same ole these days. Nothing's changed.