GreaseSpot Cafe

The Voice of Offence

What The Hey

When accusing someone of a crime it is different than a traffic incident WW a crime as Pond said is a serious charge, that requires clear speaking and proper wording.
This is a DISCUSSION forum.

It seems silly to have to break it down, but some people need this from time to time.

This is NOT a court of law.

The rules for DISCUSSIONS- the customs, really- are what are used here.

When people discuss, when people have conversations, they don't go around saying

"I allege this happened yesterday..". They just tell their story.

If someone calls them into question, THEN there's allegations.

When people just talk, they don't have to pretend they're in court, make a major presentation,

or say "alleged" every 2nd sentence or something.

When was the last time you heard

"Sorry I'm late- I'm alleging there was a traffic jam on the highway?"

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Semantics Dove, semantics...When you claim that I make things up, you are calling me a liar pure and simple.

I will continue to relate my experiences in twi.

I am not required to produce proof in order to talk about it now 20 years after the fact. I will continue to listen and learn from my brothers and sisters experiences ....together we provide the pieces of the puzzle to understanding what happened and why.

Again, I ask you to share from within your realm of experiences, I ask that you allow others to share theirs.

Answer still the same

Not everyone is concerned about whats in in for me............ Some of us learned to consider whats in it for others.

Apperantly you worry about yourself I don't that is the difference between us......

OK. I'll accept that.

But it sounds to me a lot like this article..

Maybe that's nice and all.. but:

Who are the *others*" you claim to be "in it" for, when you say "put up or shut up.. ya know the drill.."

"gimme EVIDENCE.."

"don't wanna see THEM maligned.."

Who do you exactly "represent" here?

Edited by Mr. Hammeroni

The only thing that makes sense to me..

your own personal identity is so mixed up with the old organization.. that you perceive any attacks upon the organization, or the memory of the organization, as an attack upon yourself. If as you say, or at least intimate with the words "I'm in it for *others* (who might they be..), your identity is entirely wrapped up in the organization, or one like it, an attack on it must hurt, personally.

If I'm wrong.. tell me.

Edited by Mr. Hammeroni

When accusing someone of a crime it is different than a traffic incident WW a crime as Pond said is a serious charge, that requires clear speaking and proper wording.

Again I'd like to see proof of that ,again you misrepresent me despite numerous times I have address yor claim.

Now I have accused you of just making S**t up things just like this for instance, but then the lack of proof of your claim seems to point out that.

WD, you should adhere to your own standards. you do not use clear language and appropriate word selection, and the above argument incorporates a glaring logical flaw... can you find it? or maybe it's just the lack of punctuation that makes it so hard to find a real point to what you're saying.

if I didn't consider your willingness to twist the facts to suit yourself so damaging to people coming to GS for the first time, I'd put you on ignore. why don't you go start your own sanitized version of a discussion forum instead of trying to make people adhere to your idea of what a discussion forum should be?

What the Hey...

I don't know if this is the right time

I don't know if this is the right thread

But I just wanted to say that ....

It would be difficult to find finer men than Wayne Clapp and John Nessle. They both have knowledge based credentials but the highest of these is LOVE!

(I would also add you to that statement.)

The only thing that makes sense to me..

your own personal identity is so mixed up with the old organization.. that you perceive any attacks upon the organization, or the memory of the organization, as an attack upon yourself. If as you say, or at least intimate with the words "I'm in it for *others* (who might they be..), your identity is entirely wrapped up in the organization, or one like it, an attack on it must hurt, personally.

If I'm wrong.. tell me.

Ok your wrong......

I don't perceive any attacks upon the organization, or the memory of the organization, as an attack upon me, they do not hurt personally.

I perceive attacks on me to be attacks on me.

The Others arn't they on Lost? ...... who knows who they are? every day they change, they are who the are and that is enough. one does not need to identify to serve, It is a Lifestyle of Service that we were called to.

WD, you should adhere to your own standards. you do not use clear language and appropriate word selection, and the above argument incorporates a glaring logical flaw... can you find it? or maybe it's just the lack of punctuation that makes it so hard to find a real point to what you're saying.

if I didn't consider your willingness to twist the facts to suit yourself so damaging to people coming to GS for the first time, I'd put you on ignore. why don't you go start your own sanitized version of a discussion forum instead of trying to make people adhere to your idea of what a discussion forum should be?

Well when you learn to not mix two different posts, two different people and mix them together into one you may figure it out

So.. that leaves my question unanswered. "What's in it for YOU"..

you represent YOURSELF. But it's not about you. It's about "others" (God only knows who "they" are..) Are you saying that we need the right kind of evidence to convict YOU?

I'm really trying to understand you here.. but everything I get seems just to keep going around in circles..

:)

are you really "real".. or are you a robot (program to answer certain questions within a limited context) somewhere?

One thing I can say.. if you think you had "problems" before.. now you've got a Squirrel in your head. I hope you didn't pray "God I wish SOMEBODY could understand me.." because I do. And it's "messed up"..

Last time somebody prayed that, we had real "problems".

:biglaugh:

really.

When you dream tonight.. ignore the little squirrel wearing the tuxedo behind the curtain.. he doesn't really mean any harm. He's just groping in the dark, trying to figure things out, just like everybody else.

Well when you learn to not mix two different posts, two different people and mix them together into one you may figure it out

just because the reply feature quotes your words out from between the two posts you were replying to doesn't mean I am stupid enough to read them that way. I took them as you intended, as separate replies to two separate posts.

Hammy, you depress me. I really hope the work in AI comes up with something better than WD.

oh, I'd better supply context so that I don't get accused of making a personal attack... preface my last statement with "if WD is a program to answer certain questions within a limited context,"...

So.. that leaves my question unanswered. "What's in it for YOU"..

you represent YOURSELF. But it's not about you. It's about "others" (God only knows who "they" are..) Are you saying that we need the right kind of evidence to convict YOU?

I'm really trying to understand you here.. but everything I get seems just to keep going around in circles..

:)

are you really "real".. or are you a robot (program to answer certain questions within a limited context) somewhere?

One thing I can say.. if you think you had "problems" before.. now you've got a Squirrel in your head. I hope you didn't pray "God I wish SOMEBODY could understand me.." because I do. And it's "messed up"..

Last time somebody prayed that, we had real "problems".

really.

When you dream tonight.. ignore the little squirrel wearing the tuxedo behind the curtain.. he doesn't really mean any harm. He's just groping in the dark, trying to figure things out, just like everybody else.

Sorry I don't have anymore answers for you. What's in it for YOU".. don't know honestly I never considered it I rarely do it's not important to me that something is in it for me if the others benefit I perfectly happy. I may never know the others ,I may, not important either, Maybe that I know I treated people honestly and fairly and that their rights were supported who knows?

Edited by WhiteDove

If you haven't considered it.. in a way I feel sorry for you. See.. 97.6 percent of this life (or slightly more) is about everybody else, everything else..

We had a few agreements or contracts for this existence.. and one clause involved "me." "What about me?"

"me" may be very very small.. but it's part of the "deal"..

it's actually the payoff..

rather slim profit margin.. but it was worth it.

Some people wear it like it's some kind of handicap..

put it to sleep with drugs.. or religion..

sad.

If you haven't considered it.. in a way I feel sorry for you. See.. 97.6 percent of this life (or slightly more) is about everybody else, everything else..

We had a few agreements or contracts for this existence.. and one clause involved "me." "What about me?"

"me" may be very very small.. but it's part of the "deal"..

it's actually the payoff..

rather slim profit margin.. but it was worth it.

Some people wear it like it's some kind of handicap..

put it to sleep with drugs.. or religion..

sad.

Don't feel sory for me I'm just fine I just don't worry about me. God takes care of me just fine, that's all I need, that leaves me free to serve others.

maybe you're just afraid to look at that little "dark" spot in the psyche..

it's really not evil or anything.. at least of itself.

No, it's not "the seed of the devil" or anything..

I remember something about the Hubble telescope.. they pointed it where it didn't look like anything was there.. and they saw not just stars, but galaxies.

maybe you're just afraid to look at that little "dark" spot in the psyche..

it's really not evil or anything.. at least of itself.

No, it's not "the seed of the devil" or anything..

I remember something about the Hubble telescope.. they pointed it where it didn't look like anything was there.. and they saw not just stars, but galaxies.

Hmm.. Is that why twi said if you look at youself,you will be miserable?

You should intead look at others..

call it what you will but the me myself and I has got to be looked at once in a while.

Twi was afraid of self..Why you ask?Well when you start to think you start to put what

is ailin you in perspective.

I am all for helping people,but sometimes people dont want to be helped

Especially the "class" with all the ansers.Just become part of the all way of the way whilst we fleece you blind,with a smile on your face.

I back handed a woman once. She was my WOW sister. She had already ripped my shirt off and shredded it, and clawed my back and chest and spit in my face. AND, she was one tough gal! When we used to wrestle for fun, there was no way I could wrestle her "like a girl" because she was strong and athletic. And so, I had to, when "rasslin fer fun", I had to nearly man handle her or she'd whup me! And of course as a guy, I couldn't let that happen! But back to when I had to smack her:

We'd been in the kitchen, and I had begun to put some ketchup on my scrambled eggs. At this point "TJ" came in, saw me using the ketchup and grabbed it and jerked it away, yet I still hung on. She yells; "That's MY ketchup"! And I yanked it back and said; "No TJ, that is OUR ketchup. Kathy and I just bought it from the store with family fund money". And she ripped it away again saying; "MY KETCHUP! I'm on a diet and you stole it from my bag of food in the fridge!" And I yanked it back saying; "No TJ, you are flat out wrong! Check your bag in the fridge!" But then, she went bonkers and started clawing away at me, ripping off my shirt, scratching me and trying to kick me in the you know whats! So, I grab her wrists to gain control of her and caught a knee just to the right of my you know whats! And then my other WOW Sistah, Kathy, the Fam Coordinator comes in screaming "TJ! In The name of Jesus Christ! Stop it! In the name of Jesus Christ! In the name of Jesus Christ! Stop it!! But TJ kept on keepin on and the kitchen was getting all tore up and finally, I let go of one of her wrists and slapped her hard across the face. And boom. She stopped right away, and walked stoically to the phone got on the phone to our Branch Coordinator and complained to her saying; "What do you do when your WOW brother won't return your love"!? Man, it was weird! When I got on the phone, my BC, a woman, teased me about "TJ" having a crush on me. Man what a weird deal that was!

Should I have slapped her? I dunno. But, it did work better than my family coordinator's Name of Jesus Christ-ing...

Edited by Jonny Lingo

Don't feel sory for me I'm just fine I just don't worry about me. God takes care of me just fine, that's all I need, that leaves me free to serve others.

Now, was this meant to literally say that God pays your bills, provides you housing, gives you

physical, nutritious food, and so on?

Otherwise, this sounds like a pat statement, a memorized slogan, used to close

discussion or dismiss genuine concerns over something.

Lots of us had those when we were in.

Another slogan that dismissed actual concerns was "where's your believing?"

The people who went in with ill-planned things expected God to take care of them just fine,

but the manner they expected it in didn't quite work out...

"Never mistake a slogan for a solution."-John Capozzi.

Whenever I see genuine concerns, and genuine issues raised,

and they're answered with slogans rather than solutions,

I remember what I learned before,

and make sure I'm not dependent upon the sloganeer,

and begin looking for the back door.

It's NOT a sign of where I want my thinking to be, and certainly

not where I want my planning to be.

Now, was this meant to literally say that God pays your bills, provides you housing, gives you

physical, nutritious food, and so on?

Otherwise, this sounds like a pat statement, a memorized slogan, used to close

discussion or dismiss genuine concerns over something.

Lots of us had those when we were in.

Another slogan that dismissed actual concerns was "where's your believing?"

In the context of which I made the remark it is not a slogan and I don't think it is unique to myself either lots of people everyday function this way. I spoke in regard to helping others. What's in it for me is not of importance and not something I consider. I do it because it needs doing and it's the right thing to do. Case in point I spend many hours of time, as well as money, use of my equipment, van, tools ect. at the dog park. I never consider what is in it for me honestly there is nothing, but work in it. The dogs have nothing to give. But I do it because many are rescue animals that now have a second chance at life. it gives them a place to play and have friends. The only reward is seeing happy animals playing. The truth is I could be sticking that money into a 401k but I don't because there are greater needs around me. I think God will take care of me just fine he has so far I'm not hungry I have a home that's warm and dry, and a job, and more stuff than I need.

The people who went in with ill-planned things expected God to take care of them just fine,

but the manner they expected it in didn't quite work out...

"Never mistake a slogan for a solution."-John Capozzi.

Whenever I see genuine concerns, and genuine issues raised,

and they're answered with slogans rather than solutions,

I remember what I learned before,

and make sure I'm not dependent upon the sloganeer,

and begin looking for the back door.

It's NOT a sign of where I want my thinking to be, and certainly

not where I want my planning to be.

That is certainly your choice. I never said that one could not plan or that one should not plan, I'm big on planning myself in some situations. In the end though despite all my plans I've found that they can be dismantled fairly quickly by trouble. At that point there is not much to do but trust God, it seems at least to me dishonest to use Him as some sort of backup plan for my failed plans. Why not just trust Him to start with. It leaves me free to function without reservation. It works fine for me I've found Him to be a willing participant. Is it a struggle at times to think this way ? Yes it's human nature to be self centered, but it's biblical nature to be giving. If I say that is my standard then I should walk the talk.

today i was on this totally other forum and someone said the following (which made me think of this tread) -

Suggesting that we cannot have an opinion because we "have no evidence" is preposterous.

Many people commit crimes and get away with them because there is not enough evidence.

today i was on this totally other forum and someone said the following (which made me think of this tread) -
Suggesting that we cannot have an opinion because we "have no evidence" is preposterous.

Many people commit crimes and get away with them because there is not enough evidence.

Excathedra

If that quote was in reference to me I'll again state what I said which was not the above. I have never said that anyone could not have an opinion, in fact that is what it is, an opinion. Anyone has a right to those. I have never in fact said that I don't agree with some of those opinions. But my agreement does not give me the right to misstate the truth in a public forum as a truth or a fact. Case in point tonight they are digging up the backyard in NC and gathering evidence of the missing marine girl. From the preliminary evidence it looks like they have found their man, my opinion would be they have,. But until they have a conviction the proper term in reference to him is alleged. I agree that "Many people commit crimes and get away with them because there is not enough evidence." I think OJ is one of those that's my opinion, but not a fact. I also understand the other side of that coin in that many people go to prison for crimes they never committed because of peoples opinions. And in the case of VPW it is unfortunate that the system failed to work due to his death. I can understand maybe somewhat or at least comprehend some of the frustration that any victim of crime must feel in those cases. I can comprehend the justice for victims, to in such cases refer to the person as guilty . the truth is two people know what went on in those cases. But for others who were not there to pick up that charge any relay it, is opinion ,it may well be a right one or it may be a wrong one but it is none the less an opinion they were not there . If the goal of this site is to help people learn the other side of the story then if we want credibility and you need that to do so , then it is IMHO that we need to speak factually. That means that it is important that the charges thrown about here are at least in agreement with those presented on the front page articles. To have conflicting information tends to diminish credibility. It tends to make the job easy for those who don't want the other side of the story to be told .They can point to the facts of what the charges were and to the inconsistencies of charges thrown about here and say see they are just a bunch of liars. The truth is while that may not be true it looks that way from what we have written. I just don't see how that can be productive in helping anyone. I won't assume that I can even imagine the the emotions a victem must feel in those cases when the system fails, the only thing I can say is that I believe one day the system will not fail and a right judgment will be made. But for me today I must accept our system of justice and support those rights that we do have as flawed as they may be.

Sounds like another pretty excuse to discourage people from talking about their twi experiences to me.

Pawtucket never said that our accounts need to be provable in a court of law in order to discuss them here. That is something that you have taken upon yourself, Dove.

I personally believe that God works in peoples hearts to get them out of that group. I think he prepares them and even on occasion leads them here....I believe that this can be one of the places that he can work through people to help one another.

Dove, it isnt` up to you to play God. Deciding what information is helpful and what or who is not.

Edited by rascal

Sounds like another pretty excuse to discourage people from talking about their twi experiences to me.

Pawtucket never said that our accounts need to be provable in a court of law in order to discuss them here. That is something that you have taken upon yourself, Dove.

Nor did I you can discuss all you want but words are words and speaking correctly is advantageous to people believing your point . To help people you must appear to be believable.

I personally believe that God works in peoples hearts to get them out of that group. I think he prepares them and even on occasion leads them here....I believe that this can be one of the places that he can work through people to help one another.

Dove, it isnt` up to you to play God. Deciding what information is helpful and what or who is not.

Never said it was neither is it up to you to decide that posting truthful information is not . I can speak from having been in contact with several offsoots and discussing this. What do you have to back up your point? Why do you think so many don't participate here? The biggest complaint I have heard is credibility, too many people posting their guess, best memory, and other things as fact or truth, when the facts don't support that conclusion . You can assume what you want but most people expect information to make sense and not contradict itself, on the very same site. That does not lead people here.

Edited by WhiteDove