GreaseSpot Cafe

songs remembered from just one line

bulwinkl

7 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

:biglaugh:

The grin was for Smoking in the Boys Room.  I'm not sure about Humans post.

George

Was it the bad punctuation in my post, anyway, I don't see your post i.e., (edit, Human post after mine)?

41 minutes ago, redrock and blues said:

"...doctor said I need rest__he put me on the critical list..."

redrock and blues you may want to check out the rules on how to play this thread (page 1) because in this game a player posts a song lyric, usually with a very memorable line of music in it, and then a player would post the name of the song.

WordWolf's post was:

1 hour ago, WordWolf said:

"...there will be a show tonight on trampoline."

so, I recognize this as a line of lyrics from "The Benefit For Mr. Kite", in this case by ~The Beatles~ but we only need to come up with the song title in this game.  So then, I could wait for confirmation but I know it's the song thus making it my turn to put up a memorable lyric from a song.   Anyway that's how this thread works.  Your welcome to play along, but just get familiar with the rules.

Edited by Human without the bean

7 hours ago, redrock and blues said:

"...doctor said I need rest__he put me on the critical list..."

Hello, redrock and blues. 

While we do welcome new players on the game threads, please check the first page of a thread for the rules. 

One constant is that ONE person is posting clues, and it is their turn.  Everyone else must guess the answer WITHOUT LOOKING IT UP.  (We are all on the honor system here.)   If someone does look up the answer, then that person can't post the answer.  (If their curiosity was just too much, well, that was that.)

When it's confirmed they posted the correct answer, then it's that person's turn to post.  Keep in mind that GUESSERS can't look things up, but if you're posting clues, you SHOULD look things up to make sure your details are correct.   (Example- on the movie quotes thread, look up the quotes to make sure they are correct, so guessers have a fair chance.)

If someone's correct, and announces "FREE POST!"  , then anyone who logs in can immediately take the next turn and post clues.   (That can be done to keep a thread moving, or change the players a little.)

It's not hard in practice, and the threads are fun. 

On 4/28/2023 at 6:43 PM, WordWolf said:

"...there will be a show tonight on trampoline."

On 4/28/2023 at 8:28 PM, Human without the bean said:

I recognize this as a line of lyrics from "The Benefit For Mr. Kite"

And I want to sleep with you in the desert tonight with a billion stars all around

Edited by Human without the bean

42 minutes ago, Human without the bean said:

That's it.  You got it.  Now it's your turn redrock and blues.

That means you post a recognizable line from a song-often the first line so long as that is not the title- that people can try to guess just from that line.   For this thread, they need only guess the song, not the artist.  For this thread, part of the challenge is finding a song guessable from ONE LINE that is not the title.  Since you are posting the song, it's good to look it up. Since we are guessing, we may NOT look it up.

So, your turn, redrock and blues!

14 hours ago, redrock and blues said:

Thank you, WordWolf.   Here's an oldie for you!

"They seek him here, They  seek him there.  His clothes are loud but never square."

Sounds like "Who Is the Scarlet Pimpernel?".   Is that right?   If that's right, that really got airplay?  (If so, it's all good.  I would just be surprised.)

8 hours ago, Human without the bean said:

It sounds to me more like Dedicated Follower of Fashion

Right you are, Human w/o Bean!!  This song would run through my head whenever I saw vp or lc in their armani suits.

Your turn, Human!

23 minutes ago, Human without the bean said:

"737 comin' out of the sky
Won't you take me down to Memphis on a midnight ride"

Hmmmm.....just a guess.  "Big Ol' Jet Airliner"...Steve Miller.....not sure if that's the correct title.  The cadence of the line seems to fit.

6 hours ago, redrock and blues said:

Hmmmm.....just a guess.  "Big Ol' Jet Airliner"...Steve Miller.....not sure if that's the correct title.  The cadence of the line seems to fit.

The right airplane but the wrong pilot flying it on this one.  Long way around for saying no.