Can't look in her eyes

She's out of my league!

Just a fool to believe

I have anything she needs

She's like the....

well then I'll hazard a guess

"Just a fool to believe"

by either Foreigner or Journey

either way this is supposed to be a thread for songs so well known they are known by their first line.

The onus is on the poster to come up with a song that fits that parameter. sorta a cross between the Nostalgia thread and name that tune.

Edited by bulwinkl

Dooj is right, she got it.

FYI, it was a popular song in the 80's, it was on the top 40 radio, it was also the theme song to "Dirty Dancing" -the movie with the clasic line, "nobody puts Baby in the corner", and was sung by Patric Swayze. "Hungry Eyes" by Eric Carmen was also in the movie and on the same top 40 list at the same time,  "Get Outta My Dreams - Get Into My Car" by Billy Ocean and "Shake Your Love" by Debbie Gibson were also on the same top 40 list.

The Onus is also on the reader to know the era.

Edited by now I see

My intention when I started this thread/topic was to make it easy for the reader and make it semi difficult for the poster. Just the first line is desired. and I am astounded that you know what my intention was when I started the topic. Can you read what was in my mind or heart???? As i said in numerous posts in this thread the onus is on the poster not the reader. After this I have decided not to bother with this anymore. The Topic is your's now since you know what I wanted it seems.

Edited by bulwinkl

Geez, bulwinkl, lighten up! I think NIS's point was that an obvious song to one person may be completely unknown to another. I may post a line to a 50's tune that I think everyone knows, but only a handful do. Someone else may post a very popular 90's tune that I've never heard. I think, though, that it usually becomes apparent rather quickly if a tune isn't "remembered from just one line"!

Dooj is up, I believe.

George

Bulwinkle, these threads kind of take on a life of their own even though you started it, plus I think this is the first or second time I've ever posted a clue under this topic, even if it was my fault for choosing this song wrongly, there is a learning curve here and you shouldn't get quite so upset about a game on a web board. I understand your point, but that song was top 40, played on MTV - extreemly mainstream, I'm sorry you didn't think so.Peace 

Edited by now I see