GreaseSpot Cafe

songs remembered from just one line

bulwinkl

ok I came up with one. I hope it's easy enough for this thread. It gets difficult coming up with some sometimes that are that rememberable.

"In the chilly hours and minutes

Of uncertainty

I want to be

In the warm hold of your loving mind."

I just found this thread and I have to play b/c I love games and music. But, how do you play without cheating and looking up the lyrics on the internet? (or is that allowed? :anim-smile: )

No it is not. :)

Throw my ticket out the window. Throw my suitcase out there too.

Great song. The first version I ever heard (and the definitive one, IMO) was by the Jeff Beck Group. The song is called "Tonight I'll be Staying Here With You" by Bob Dylan.

I just found this thread and I have to play b/c I love games and music. But, how do you play without cheating and looking up the lyrics on the internet? (or is that allowed? :anim-smile: )

What About It: I've taken the liberty of explaining how to play all the game threads in a thread "pinned" at the top of this forum (Greasespot Gallery and Reading Room). Please give it a look. In teh meantime, in a nutshell, the "Name That..." games require you to REMEMBER (or guess) the appropriate title (and artist, if a tune). If you're right, you get to post the next clue. This is not a test of websurfing skills, though. "Googling" to get the answer is not allowed, but it can be appropriate for the clue-giver to google, just to make sure the lyric is accurate. Now, in THIS thread,the onus is more on the CLUE-GIVER to cite a song that most people will recognize from the very first line. It is usually appropriate to wait for confirmation of your answer before posting a new song, but if you're certain you're right (and that should be common on THIS thread), go ahead and post a new song.

George

P.S. Try the other games, too. I really wish I could get folks interested in the "Pictionary" threads again. It's not that hard to post the clues, and it's fun coming up with the puzzle as well as guessing someone else's.

The Wanderer!

IDK the artist but the name of this thread says songs remembered, it doesn't say anything about the artist. So does it really matter if we don't know who the artist is? Could we just go with the song? :D

Edited by Human without the bean

The Wanderer!

IDK the artist but the name of this thread says songs remembered, it doesn't say anything about the artist. So does it really matter if we don't know who the artist is? Could we just go with the song? :D

The artist is not necessary. In fact, if a song is easily recognized from one line, there's a good chance it's been covered by many artists.