GreaseSpot Cafe

SIT alerts

johniam

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if this had anything to do with my offer to SIT for you. That assumed that you would have told me you had a problem but wouldn't reveal its nature. Not much point in praying in the understanding, when you have no understanding of the problem!

:)

George

NO NO NO

I was even thinking of your offer whe i wrote that .

I do not have a problem with SIT but for me to pray with others, it is with words I like. Sit is a private prayer thing for me . and you

does anyone get together and just sit for one another and not share?

I remember sit alot in the imtemediate class but i was always opening my eye hoping to God in my heart anytyhing would happen before it was turn to do it.

no george not aat all

During the 4 years I was on staff at HQ, the prayer requests that were mailed in or phoned in went into books in the prayer room. Corps and staff members went in there frequently to pray for the requests.

TWI was/is a lot of bad things, but I think we best serve the purposes of GS and the people who come here for help/answers by sticking to the facts.

As for the believers on the field not being "good enough" to pray for VP before he died, hence no SIT alerts....when he was in his terminal illness, he specifically requested that no 24 hours of prayer be held. We were not even asked to pray for him at HQ. Any prayer requests upon his death were for TWI after the loss of VP, not for VP after he died (!).

As for the believers on the field not being "good enough" to pray for VP before he died, hence no SIT alerts....when he was in his terminal illness, he specifically requested that no 24 hours of prayer be held. We were not even asked to pray for him at HQ. Any prayer requests upon his death were for TWI after the loss of VP, not for VP after he died (!).

Well, that information should make a lot of doubters about the "Integrity of God's Word" vis a vis "Our Father in The Word" VPW, stand up and take notice here at GS!!

How many years has been with the Lord now, 25? And NO PRAYER requests?? I'll bet WW & Tom Strange didn't know that!

No wonder he died!! :evildenk:

Well, that information should make a lot of doubters about the "Integrity of God's Word" vis a vis "Our Father in The Word" VPW, stand up and take notice here at GS!!

How many years has been with the Lord now, 25? And NO PRAYER requests?? I'll bet WW & Tom Strange didn't know that!

No wonder he died!! :evildenk:

maybe he isnt dead and is here on grease spot posting as a cartoon !!!!

i accept no responsibility for his death what so ever.

i heard it was from filming the pfal class with the bright lights buring his eye balls but he endured it all for the class .

it was the lights bumpy the lights !!!

I was a wow vet living in a Way home at that time, I didn't even know he was ill. I knew he had been ill, but he was at the Rock the previous year and any illness was treated like it was all over in my neck of the woods. So the first I heard of it all was that he had died.

I heard at the time by some strict lovers

that VPW was upset of the state of the minstry he knew the top leaders were amock ,this is from the later Chris Geer crowd, and he "gave up the ghost".

out of pure discouragment and of his knowing because God told him the ministry was toast. .

i do not know how or what VPW thought this is just a story after he died when people didnt get why he died so young etc.

Even then a M.D. would be able to have a detailed time line on how the cancer had progressed and the probable outcome.

i think vpw knew this and acted as any dying man would with a terminal illness. i do not want to think he "gave up the ghost" because of discouragemnt but rather the cancer had spread to his brain pretty close to an eye ball and he lost the battle.

I heard at the time by some strict lovers

that VPW was upset of the state of the minstry he knew the top leaders were amock ,this is from the later Chris Geer crowd, and he "gave up the ghost".

God told him the ministry was toast. .

Pond Darling, "I heard at the time by some strict lovers"... Could you do me a favor and slice that one sentence up in a little bit more detail?? Some might construe that as "hearsay"! :unsure:

"He gave up the Ghost, because the ministry was Toast"?? :eusa_clap: Pond, it was the night before Christmas and all through the house... The holidays are all over, it's time to GET SERIOUS NOW!

PS: You don't STILL believe in Rain Deers do you?? :biglaugh:

Read the POP papers Chris Geer speaks of vpw depression and the signs of the times in The Way international. VPW died shortly after returning from scotland and filling in Chris about where his head was at.

Im serious about some thinking "he gave up the ghost" I do soppuse it is better than admiting at the time he died of a terminal illness and the devil got him in death.

that would be a defeat and the flurry of thought was he was nearly Jesus Himself in some circles. certainly a apostle.

you had o be there bumpy.

I see rein deer they live near me, Africa may not have any, try the local zoo. The story of whether Santa can make them fly is a horse of another color tho!

"Lovers" as in the folks who loved the word and the ministry at the time. not everything is about what you might be thinking.

"filling gear in on where his head was at.."

I think what's written are the few "pleasant" times he had with der vicmeister.

What is so noticeably absent in gears "epistle"..

any admission of guilt of abuse from the said mogster.. details about how he was so abusive to gear's wife.. although it is alluded to..

the SEX.. and BOOZING.. and you name it.. "gawd, I was a twisted sob.."

I wonder how much he really told gear..

and the "poor" vicster.. so "concerned" about the way "his" ministry was heading..

I think he knew- he "trained" his "men".. they were taking der ministry in the same direction as he himself.. he complained about their carnality, lack of supposedly listening to da spirit of gawd..

well.. duh. He raised them like that, didn't he?

How more CARNAL and FLESHLY and DEVILISH can a person get.. than to use the BIBLE to excuse and condone adultery- to receive worldly pleaure from God's own sheep..

and his men towed the company line, followed in his footsteps.

along comes j.s.'s little paper on adultery.. gear labels it unclean, and anyone who reads it possessed.. spoke outright LIES.. said it tries to invalidate vic's work.. promotes the trinity.. I wonder if he really read it.

What a mess. The only high profile leader I personally know of that came out of that mess still has his marbles intact is Ra*ph D..

I can't say the same for the ces crowd..

And all of this about "caring" for vic's legacy.. vic's "ministry"..

is is just POSSIBLE all of the pop shenanigans were more of a self-servicing nature?

Could it be, with the downfall of her vicster's clean "christian" image to the masses, gear himself would be labelled as one of the enablers?

Makes sense to me..

I think he only put off the inevitable..

Edited by Mr. Hammeroni

you had o be there bumpy.

I'm going to treasure this statement for a long time. we all had to "be there" but we were all there at different moments, under different circumstances, experiencing the sick dysfunctions of twi individually. so many facts adding up to truth, there are. you just had to "be there", problem is we all couldn't be everywhere. how, oh how, will we ever know the truth?

we can't, but if we keep sharing the facts we can get a little closer.

I would say Jesus knew how to pray.

I don't think he SIT.

Let me do what he did.

You can't do what he did. Not everything. He let himself be crucified which caused the windows of heaven to open and holy spirit to rain down. And there was not room enough to receive it, since they were filled to overflowing.

If you let yourself be crucified it would accomplish nothing. But you can SIT.

You can't do what he did. Not everything. He let himself be crucified which caused the windows of heaven to open and holy spirit to rain down. And there was not room enough to receive it, since they were filled to overflowing.

If you let yourself be crucified it would accomplish nothing. But you can SIT.

Context, John, context.

If you read Danny's statement in context, he is saying "Let me do what he(Jesus) did." (in relation to prayer)

It's usually not beneficial to extend a statement beyond the parameters that have been set by its context.

Thanks Waysider

That's what I was saying.

Many of the greats in the bible did.t SIT's .

Most that is.

Seems they got result just with prayers of understanding.

I haven't even is Paul's writings seen why I wouldn't want to

thank God with my understanding and ask for his guidance.

Even Paul said I asked God 3 times about one thing.

That must of been his understanding.

God even replied.

This has been a hot topic of discussion in the fellowship I attend. Yes, prayer with understanding works fine. All VP said was that he personally felt the burden lifted more completely when he SITd, but it's not necessary.

ugh, who cares what VP felt? what do YOU feel?

This has been a hot topic of discussion in the fellowship I attend. Yes, prayer with understanding works fine. All VP said was that he personally felt the burden lifted more completely when he SITd, but it's not necessary.

John would you be so kind as to direct me to the reference that shows that this( the bolded section) is what VP said?

On page 62 of the syllabus I have in front of me, VP states that(I'm paraphrasing) if you know how to speak in tongues but don't, you are ignorant. I don't think he meant that in a Biblical sense. He meant it as a derogatory barb aimed at people who did not speak in tongues. The scriptures he uses to stress his point are found in I Corinthians 14.

This is stressed again in the Intermediate Class and again he uses the "ignorance" argument in a belittling manner.

Then, in the Advanced Class, he (VP) says on page 10(item #3) that "speaking in tongues daily is a prerequisite to revelation."

Did you know anyone who did not desire to operate revelation, John?

It sounds to me like he was rendering an enticement to SIT daily if you wanted to "grow".

Again, I welcome a reference that illustrates your assertion.

Edited by waysider

quote: ugh, who cares what VP felt?

Um...I thought that was the reason for GSC's existence.

Context, waysider, context! It's not necessary to SIT when you pray with the understanding.

to put my statement into the context I thought was obvious:

in a discussion on the merits of SIT, who cares what VP felt?