GreaseSpot Cafe

Why are Wierwille's Sins Excuseable and Martindale's Not?

Oakspear

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok oak, I agree with you, how do we get it back?

but it was kinda fun even though I wasn't special enough...hehe

now its time to get back.

Ok!! I will not try to be a nice person...ok? I will not!!

Oaks,Dot Matrix started it...It's her fault...It's probably good to take a little breather,at times...I don't think the thread would get closed down 'cuz there's really no malisciousness behind any of the cussin'...

One observation I have is that it seemed like VP preyed on women who were very early in their corpse training...These women had much higher expectations,were willing to do "their utmost for his highest" and were more susceptible to naively following the man of god than those who had exhausted all the classes and training the way had to offer...It seemed like his private motorcoach sessions were not presented as "the next step",but rather a "shortcut" for a special girl to a spiritual nirvana...

WOW EXXIE! Thanks

Here is a part of what Wendy wrote:

Pointers (that family and friends can do to help the cult member recover)

Here are a few pointers which can help families provide a nurturing environment that simultaneously encourages independence:

Recognize that recovery can take years. Some damage may be irreparable.

Understand, accept, and grieve your own lost time and lost experiences with loved ones.

Don't be confrontational. Give the loved one time to let go of his or her loyalty to the group and its leaders and to acknowledge the deception.

Do not try to overprotect or control the loved one. Learn to negotiate.

Forgive your loved one for the pain he caused you while in the cult, and tell him that you forgive him.

Encourage independent decision-making.

Recognize the loved one may need financial support during recovery, but that financial and emotional independence should be encouraged.

Accept and respect the accomplishments the loved one made while in the cult.

Understand the loved one's often intense aversion to authority figures.

Accept the Changes

It's hard when a friend or family member who was close to you now is physically and emotionally distant. He is alone with his pain and you can't reach him. It can help to realize that like a veteran returning from a war, he has been somewhere you have not been, exposed to horrors of a trauma you can only imagine. For all your years of experience, you have not been in his war. You did not lose the time, friends, and dreams that he lost. But you still lost something.

Dot_Matrix.gif

Recognize that recovery can take years. Some damage may be irreparable

I love this example she makes:

quote:
It can help to realize that like a veteran returning from a war, he has been somewhere you have not been, exposed to horrors of a trauma you can only imagine. For all your years of experience, you have not been in his war.

I think this maybe something to keep in mind before yelling "move on" "get over it" "you were complicit" as has been tossed on other threads in the past.

Dot_Matrix.gif