GreaseSpot Cafe

Holding a grudge...

GrouchoMarxJr

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There seems to be a reoccurring theme in some of these threads encoraging us to "forgive" twi for all their unseemly ways...

Just for the record, I enjoy holding a grudge against this organization. Have THEY come to me seeking forgiveness?...hell no. Other well-meaning folks have encouraged me to forgive them but I've yet to hear from them.

I am not consumed by bitterness...it's been over 20 years since I left. I'm over it...have been for a long time. I just happen to have a very low opinion of these scoundrals and as long as they continue to operate and con people, I will let my opinion of them be known. Ths is an ONGOING cult! They are continuing to control people and take their money...forgive them? Let them cease from their sin and ask forgiveness and then I will be glad to do so.

For those of you who continue to lobby for the forgiveness of twi...I have a question...Are you empowering them to continue with their scam by trying to silence their critics?

hmmmmm maybe just a couple a' heels ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

"Aaahhhhh! Nothing like getting home from a long day at the workplace and get to

bask in the wit and wisdom of the GScafe." Thanks for the laughs, I needed that.

Ok...you haven`t gone back in years...yet you presume to recommend that people go BACK to a spiritually, morally bankrupt group of people and have a freakin twinky???You personally bet that the boogie man won`t get them???

How dare you presume to offer such potentially harmfull advice about a group that has the track record of twi without any personal knowledge of the groups current spiritual healthiness?

The people have never repented, they have never apologized, they still teach the doctrine manufactered by a mad man, a doctrine that allowed evil to run unchecked...and you recomend we go back for a twinky???

That is rediculous and irresponsible.

Gee, I'd tend to think a twinky would be right up your alley with all those McDonald burger's and pizza you've been feeding the multitude with.

(Maybe some of you will have to see the "note on forgiveness thread" to catch my drift here.)

"As to Jesus of Nazareth, my Opinion of whom you particularly desire, I think the System of Morals and his Religion, as he left them to us, the best the world ever saw or is likely to see; but I apprehend it has received various corrupt changes"...written by the man who really does have his own money, Ben Franklin.

Sign on the Drier door:

"Abandon all hope ye who enter here, for all is lost....all is lost!!"

Famous Quotes for a 1,000, Alex...

"This may hurt a little"....Hannibal Lecter.

"Knowing when to stop has been the key to my great success"...

General George Custer

came on here because i saw you had posted socks and i love you a lot

Gee, I'd tend to think a twinky would be right up your alley with all those McDonald burger's and pizza you've been feeding the multitude with. (Maybe some of you will have to see the "note on forgiveness thread" to catch my drift here.)

i've been on and read the recent "forgiveness" thread, what-the-hey

totally uncalled for

It has been an awn-uh, Ma'am. :)

Speaking of grudges, A. Whiteny Brown once said:

I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals. I'm a vegetarian because I hate plants.

There's a moral there, which sort of makes this a bang-bang for your buck post, a real win-win. I feel like I'm bringing mad value to this thread with that kind of d-d-double whammy. Brown might have loved Jesus, may love Him even now for all I know, as he strikes right to the heart of The Great Gospelier's message on morals. It's not what you eat, it's why you eat it. Only God knows what gastronomical lusts prevail in the hearts of men and women. Something to think about the next time I see someone order a Tofu Double with sprouts.

Brown also did a short piece on SNL many years ago, in the News segment, where he came in to do some color commentary on the Russian invasion and withdrawal from Afghanistan. He noted something about how the Islamists took credit for kicking their butts and that Russia was angry at the reaction. "Well sure, after all, who ever heard of a Muslim holding a grudge", he said.

Now - I don't care where you live, that's funny.

You could leave the religion blank, "fill-in here" the name of pret' near any religion, major or minor. It has less to do with what the religion teaches...("Love your neighbor as yourself")...and more with how the adherents choose to live it...("Infidels and unbelievers excepted")....cuz it seems as if no matter how much peace is preached in a religion, there's a case to be made for war and once you've killed and maimed enough and left the kids to sweep up the remains of their parents you can pretty much bet your last buck those kids are going to remember. Who did it.

So the wheel goes, round and round and where it stops is very predictable. IMO.

Edited by socks

you know after all of these posts that explain why not choosing to Forgive or engage even in the concept of forgiveness - posters still feel that those who chose not to be the same as the "forgivers" are somehow less spiritual or hard or worthy of slander, I find it as stepford as ever that everyone is supposed to conform to some "forgivers'" idea of righteous behavior.

Regarding slander - An old Chinese proverb, shortened - " The rock will remain when the water recedes."

I suppose you're right. Perhaps "holding a grudge" should be defined...it may mean different things to different people.

To me, it describes my thoughts and feelings towards what these people did and continue to do to other people. I think it's terribly wrong to lie in the name of God and abuse people. It's not being obsessed or filled with bitterness...it's a cold calculated opinion. If these people were to cease from their sinful activities and ask for forgiveness, then I would gladly "seperate the sin from the sinner" and forgive them...but it's THEIR choice to continue doing what they are doing.

...and they are not even good at what they do anymore...they are still living on the fruits of Wierwille's scam. They are clouds without water...

holding a grudge is putting it mildly! I say be true to yourself,to forgive someone that abused you not to mention used you

for his gain,using GOD AS A SCAPEGOAT for his cause.

No i don't think so!