GreaseSpot Cafe

sociopath

Dot Matrix

All the ones I have known have had no problem "displaying" emotion.

In fact, most have been given to an outwardly caring persona.

It's an acquired acting ability they learn so they will fit in.

That's part of the reason they are not easily spotted.

Once you are "on to" one, their performance becomes shallow and predictable.

Every sociopath I know is a master of manipulation and lying to get what they want, all done under a very sweet outward veneer.  

Having everyone under their personal controll is also a trademark for them, and was a trait present in all the ones I've known.  Most of the people who knew them and were not aware of their dark side all thought they were the greatest guy, or girl, no one would ever believe otherwise, at least untill they actually got burned by the individual.  And of course you wouldn't get burned unless you crossed the sociopath or refused to give him what he wanted.

All of the sociopaths I know suffered strong abuse when they were growing up, didn't deal with it well, and started life mentally predispositioned to be off kilter from the rest of us.  All of them that I know personally made critical life choices that reinforced the sociopathic behavior.  One for instance became a male exotic dancer, the guy even stated he was incapable of being embarrassed, a tip off of the underlying ill, he also ran a herd of prostitues out of his home at one time too.  One female I know uses her psychiatrist to further her hatred of mankind and then takes out her anger on innocent individuals, it wouldn't surprise me if she became a murderer one day.

The world helps shape them, they finish up and set the behavior in concrete as adults.

Every sociopath I know is a master of manipulation and lying to get what they want, all done under a very sweet outward veneer.  

Having everyone under their personal controll is also a trademark for them, and was a trait present in all the ones I've known.  Most of the people who knew them and were not aware of their dark side all thought they were the greatest guy, or girl, no one would ever believe otherwise, at least untill they actually got burned by the individual.  And of course you wouldn't get burned unless you crossed the sociopath or refused to give him what he wanted.

All of the sociopaths I know suffered strong abuse when they were growing up, didn't deal with it well, and started life mentally predispositioned to be off kilter from the rest of us.  All of them that I know personally made critical life choices that reinforced the sociopathic behavior.  One for instance became a male exotic dancer, the guy even stated he was incapable of being embarrassed, a tip off of the underlying ill, he also ran a herd of prostitues out of his home at one time too.  One female I know uses her psychiatrist to further her hatred of mankind and then takes out her anger on innocent individuals, it wouldn't surprise me if she became a murderer one day.

The world helps shape them, they finish up and set the behavior in concrete as adults.

Woo Hoo! I absolutely do know 150%, the absolute location of an entire FIELD of SO-CALLED PROFESSIONALS that are really nothing more than large meadow muffins

masquerading as CARING, HELPFUL, SWEET, KIND, LAW-ABIDING AND KEEPING hu-man-be-ings that fill the bill of your first two paragraphs. OMG! :doh:

Reno Nevada has these people not only in the police force (See "Reno 911" which is based on acts of fact from my observations here), but also in the highway department. I am suggesting to the TV producers they include Reno highways in their program because we have some of the most expensive and miserable highway improvements imaginable here.

I don't have time, need to go get a tooth filled, but isn't there something about babies and small children not being shown affection and love and training and discipline, just sort of tossed aside, that can teach them to show love and affection or to show they need it is not good?

Physical touch makes a lot of difference in babies, I do know that.

When we were foster parents of teenagers, we had a 14 year old boy come to stay with us. He was so nice and polite. He was so grateful for all we were doing for him. He was quiet and well spoken.

Then we started finding things; a used condom on the roof of the garage, (EEWWW), a pair or two of my earrings went missing, and finally this really nice kid stole my car and took off on a joyride all over Charleston. We called his caseworker and had him removed from the house, but not before he had told me the biggest pack of lies this side of Congress about why the car was missing, and how he and his friend had pushed it to the friend's house to wash and detail for me, then pushed it back. He was very smooth and convincing and actually teared up that I would accuse him of stealing my car. (I had come home sick from work and found that it was missing).

When they unpacked his belongings at the shelter the CPS took him to they found all sorts of weapons, including knives and those star shaped things kung fu people throw. When I cleaned his room, I found a key to the Frito Lay truck my husband drove. The kid had stolen over $300 off that truck and my husband nearly got fired; as it was he got a week off without pay and had to pay the money back this kid stole. We also found drugs in his room, and a bunch of empty beer cans in the crawl space under the house.

Except for the last big lie, that boy was smooth as silk. And I honestly don't think he gave a rat's nose about anything or anyone other than himself.

He was the only one I ever saw again after we stopped being foster parents. He was mowing at an apartment complex where some friends lived. Scared the crap out of me, especially since one helpful friend told him what subdivision we lived in then. He had been in prison for several breaking and entering incidents, and burglary. Not a nice person. Probably in prison again for something or other.

WG

I don't have time, need to go get a tooth filled, but isn't there something about babies and small children not being shown affection and love and training and discipline, just sort of tossed aside, that can teach them to show love and affection or to show they need it is not good?

Physical touch makes a lot of difference in babies, I do know that.

When we were foster parents of teenagers, we had a 14 year old boy come to stay with us. He was so nice and polite. He was so grateful for all we were doing for him. He was quiet and well spoken.

Then we started finding things; a used condom on the roof of the garage, (EEWWW), a pair or two of my earrings went missing, and finally this really nice kid stole my car and took off on a joyride all over Charleston. We called his caseworker and had him removed from the house, but not before he had told me the biggest pack of lies this side of Congress about why the car was missing, and how he and his friend had pushed it to the friend's house to wash and detail for me, then pushed it back. He was very smooth and convincing and actually teared up that I would accuse him of stealing my car. (I had come home sick from work and found that it was missing).

When they unpacked his belongings at the shelter the CPS took him to they found all sorts of weapons, including knives and those star shaped things kung fu people throw. When I cleaned his room, I found a key to the Frito Lay truck my husband drove. The kid had stolen over $300 off that truck and my husband nearly got fired; as it was he got a week off without pay and had to pay the money back this kid stole. We also found drugs in his room, and a bunch of empty beer cans in the crawl space under the house.

Except for the last big lie, that boy was smooth as silk. And I honestly don't think he gave a rat's nose about anything or anyone other than himself.

He was the only one I ever saw again after we stopped being foster parents. He was mowing at an apartment complex where some friends lived. Scared the crap out of me, especially since one helpful friend told him what subdivision we lived in then. He had been in prison for several breaking and entering incidents, and burglary. Not a nice person. Probably in prison again for something or other.

WG

These children become this way because they learn early on that they must manipulate people in order to get their needs met. They also find out that if they want something, they must lie to get it as well. Plus, then you have a social work system that actually TEACHES them, BY EXAMPLE, how to WORK THE SYSTEM, by MANIPULATION AND LIES!

ANY QUESTIONS????

In the text books it says that the sociopath has no conscience.

But it seems Garth is right and I am wrong. They do know right from wrong - they have no conscience about making the wrong choice but they do it on purpose. Anyway, I asked a Doctor.