GreaseSpot Cafe

SPIN DOCTORS, BLECH!

JeffSjo

"Spin" is when you take a pig and dress it up in a fancy evening gown.

It might look better but it's still a pig.

No, Spin is what you'll be doing as soon as Psalmie reads this.......... :biglaugh:

Incoming...........

Edited by WhiteDove

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dear Ex,

It doesn't have to be deep IMO. I am looking to "help" in general however.

Dear Dove,

Who or what is Psalmie? Do I seem concerned? The answer is NO I assure you.

Dear Waysider,

Not those Spin Doctors, I like their sound. LOL

Dear Dove,

But you should be...... Poor soul he has no idea , Jeff since your new around these parts perhaps she will cut you some slack, Then again NAW......... I hope you like pie. :biglaugh:

Recently a long time poster here stated that his/her purpose on this site was to provide a pro TWI spin on things.

I've been considering the matter ever since and I have some thoughts on the matter.

I'm not putting this in the doctrinal section because this poster was talking about TWI. I will bring up some scriptural points because I believe that they are relavent. I hope everyone feels free to participate with whatever they have to contribute though. I do not believe that a statement has to be scripturally based to be true, I just listen and consider their words.

When I consider this matter of "spin" and the scriptures, I tend to think of them as different, not the same.

When God has judged his own people he never needed spin nor are these things ever written of with any spin on the matter.King David, Moses, Judas, and even the apostle Peter has had their mistakes spoken of very honestly just to name a few. Why would anyone who wants to speak for God, as this poster seems to want to, admit to spin? I don't get it!

SPIN as it's used today's modern culture generally is an instituion's attempt to limit the damage that THE TRUTH has on their particular cause. It is common in politics, business, et.

Historically there is many examples of spin. One historian has noted that the victors write the history books.

IMO SPIN HAS NO PLACE HERE IN DISCUSSING THE TRUTH OF WHAT WENT ON IN TWI.

Any feedback anyone?

(edited for grammar)

Recently I've read through Ezekiel, chapter 23 and the surrounding scripture.

I find that in the scripture that when "groups" of God's people sin he has catigated them with VERY HARSH language to try to bring them out of the vile and nasty things that sometimes people do.

I simply say in this thread that I want truth and not spin.

THESE PEOPLE HERE THAT TESTIFY OF TWI'S CORRUPT PRACTISES I BELIEVE.

I remember teachings and practices for myself that add to my certainty of the truth of these things.

Since I believe these things to be true I believe that attempts to doctrinally or morally "spin" these things are done through ignorance or deliberate deception.

I think that anyone who spins these things is AT BEST decieved and wise in their own conceits if they do so already knowing that these vile actions in TWI really happened.

I am not "spinning" any of these things that I say and am only looking for discussion and learning.

What do I have to be concerned about Dove?

(edited for spelling)A little added for clarity too.

Edited by JeffSjo

In my opinion spin is a political term, and is a way to influence and control public perception. The argument is that one doesn't have to spin something inherently good, it stands on its own merits. We seek "the real thing", not something that has to be spun. However, that is all too rare where people are involved.

Pocket Full of Kryptonite

Now that album by the Spin Doctors, in my opinion, definitely stands on its own merit. Snappy beats, good crunch warm guitars, intriguing lyrics. Overall good sound.

What do I have to be concerned about Dove?
Jeff, my southern neighbor White Dove is just messin' wit' ya.

Psalmie is a poster who has a flying pig for an avatar. She doesn't take kindly to mention of bacon, ham or any other pork products being consumed for food. You said this:

"Spin" is when you take a pig and dress it up in a fancy evening gown.

It might look better but it's still a pig.

and WD responded tongue in cheek. He's not really being a jerk...not now anyway :biglaugh:

Did somebody call the pig?

DID SOMEBODY CALL THE PIG?

grrrrrrrrrr! tHIS PIG IS madddd!

WATCHITT, JeffSjo, INCOMING!!!!!

SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT!!!!

SPLATTTTTTT!

That wasn't just a pie or two, it was sloppy joes, mashed taters, banana pudding and key lime pie!!! Oh, yeah, and the chocolate cream pie that "accidentally landed on Feathers! :biglaugh:

P.S. I didn't read the thread, all I saw was the dress the pig up remark, and HAD to defend pigs everywhere!

'sides that, lookit THIS!

2114411yrz.jpg

Poor JeffSjo. He seems to be taking the splat rap for something that was actually posted by me, not him.

A musical apology to all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_5fmGwMFl4

Hey Piggie, I think waysider just ordered a blue plate special with custom delivery of course........

And send one of your pigs that can hit the target this time!!!!! Sheees I look like an oreo....

hmmmm...

this must be a sensitive topic... cuz i've seen 2 folks try to derail it...

anyway....

truth is NOT the same as spin...

which means that, by definition, pro-twi spin is NOT the truth...

:offtopic:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Not everything is a conspiracy Jeno I guess you missed that Paw brought up the spin doctors album. While I realize that for some "everything" must be a serious lecture on the Evil Way Empire , some others don't have the same life mission. :biglaugh:

Well, maybe JeffSjo was hungry!! He wasn't afraid of THE FLYING PIGGIE, but I betcha NOW he is! huh? huh?

That'll teach him! :D

Here, Feathers, lemme help you. . . (psalmie gets out the firehose) SWOOOOOOSSSSHHHHH!

And now fer Waysider. . .

SPLAAATTTTT! SPLAT! SPLAT!

(spaghetti dinner, lemon jello, lima beans and soggy lettuce) :biglaugh:

I've never thrown lima beans before, figgered I'd try 'em out!

Dear Dove,

But you should be...... Poor soul he has no idea , Jeff since your new around these parts perhaps she will cut you some slack, Then again NAW......... I hope you like pie. :biglaugh:

Dear Whitedove,

I have not read where this thread has gone yet, no really, I've only browsed it to find out who has responded.

I'm eager to take it in however.

I see that some folks that I'd like to think of as friends have posted too.

You see Dove, my best friends tend to be the ones who I know that are capable of humbling me and do so out of concern when I step out of line. I've already told two of them that they've brought me to my knees.

IMO this site has many people who are more than capable of doing so, but sofar, Whitedove, you seem to be best at trying my patience and raising my ire.

To echo the sentiment of a certain King who God backed up on that day, (even though he did much evil at other times) don't boast when you're putting on your armor like you can when you are taking it off.

p.s. I think that I'm probably going to want to respond to these posts after I read through this thread.

So, was it the MORTAL bard who wrote the play,"Much Ado About Nothing."

Still, I'm glad that I thought about the things that I did this weekend. I think that they might come in handy later.

Dear Waysider,

As always, great song choice. LOL

Dear Psalmie,

That's o.k., sometimes I really want to see the day when pigs fly. That is until you so ably pointed the hazzards out to me. I'M HUMBLED YOUR MAJESTY. :)

Dear Excathedra,

It'll take an awful lot more than that to offend me when it comes from you.

LOL...My kiddo and I just wrapped up a dinner theatre production of a play called *Much ado about murder*...lol It had a lot of shakespere innuendos and funnies.

Jeff part of your charm, and I have told you before, is your ability to present your point with kindness and willingness to consider the others point of view.

There are those whom will stop at nothing to smack down any whom don`t share their belief system.

To quote some of psalm 64,(KJV)

Hide me from the secret councel of the wicked; from the insurrection of the workers of iniquity:

Who whet their tongue like a sword, and bend their bows to shoot their arrows, even bitter words:

That they may shoot in secret at the perfect: suddenly do they shoot at him and fear not.

They encourage themselves in an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, who shall see them?

IMO this is an ancient example of spin.

This is why my name is out, I'm not hiding.

This is why I say openly that TWI did wicked things.

This is why I get angry when some people seem to object to the truth being told, they are the ones who are SPINNING the matter. From the very first here on this site I've objected to the victims of TWI being put down.

I'm as certain about the truth of these things as I can be.

P.S.

Dear Rascal, not if I can help it. But these type of boogers are not easy to deal with and they'll gladly put you down for any error that they can. They are not concerned with truth as much as their imperfect agenda.

Edited by JeffSjo

Dear Whitedove,

I have not read where this thread has gone yet, no really, I've only browsed it to find out who has responded.

I'm eager to take it in however.

I see that some folks that I'd like to think of as friends have posted too.

You see Dove, my best friends tend to be the ones who I know that are capable of humbling me and do so out of concern when I step out of line. I've already told two of them that they've brought me to my knees.

IMO this site has many people who are more than capable of doing so, but sofar, Whitedove, you seem to be best at trying my patience and raising my ire.

To echo the sentiment of a certain King who God backed up on that day, (even though he did much evil at other times) don't boast when you're putting on your armor like you can when you are taking it off.

p.s. I think that I'm probably going to want to respond to these posts after I read through this thread.

Jeff I never thought we would be best friends......... But when I saw what you wrote I knew piggy would be along to set you straight, really don't sweat it it is no big thing just a long running bit of humor break from the day to day drone of Save Us from the Way..... she is an equal oppertunity Splatter believe me I get my share from that flying pork chop...... It's all good fun sorry you don't appreciate the humor.

I enjoy humor as much as anybody when I recognize it WhiteDove.

I still like to think of good things coming from you too.

As long as you use words like,"the day to day drone of Save Us from the Way" it seems highly unlikely that we'll be on the same page. This seems to be the type of comment that I categorize as FULL OF SPIN.

(A little added in editing)

Edited by JeffSjo