GreaseSpot Cafe

What was the dogs and guns about?

fooledagainII

I had heard that TJ stood for "Tick Junior" since he was the son of the original Tick (costar of Christian Family and Sex).
No, TJ was not the son of old Tick of C F and S fame. "TJ" was a dog imported from Austria. I know, I still have the pedigree of my dog which shows the lineage. People just assumed that "TJ" meant "Tick Junior" because of good old Tick, the Hamburger Thief.
I also heard that the whole raising and training of German Short Hairs was just because VP liked them

This is true of course. VP liked hunting pheasants with the German Short Hair Pointer, loved the breed and good old Tick was acquired for that reason. The idea of raising short hairs grew from that, and somewhere along the way, it was decided that TJ would learn to be a protective dog as well a hunter.

Did DonW have a german shorthair back in 73? I can't recall if it was his or if it was Tick I almost lost back in 73. I think Don brought him down from I think Beloit but I always thought it was Tick. I do know that we kept VP and Don waiting while we went to fetch him from the "safe place" we thought we had him overnight.

Speaking of Mrs. Wierwille's poodle, does anyone remember the thread about how Dr. Wierwille once said with a bunch of the good old boys standing around something like; "Ya know? If that damned poodle just up and disappeared one night, I just wouldn't be upset one little bit". And within the week "Cocoa" or whatever it's name just disappeared into thin air. Do you all remember that? I started the thread. I think it was called "Whatever happened to Mrs. Wierwille" or something like that. I'll betcha ol Word Wolf could dig that thread up. That one was kinda funny if I am remembering correctly. We never did figure out who done it. Maybe one of the killer rabid attack dogs ate it. I mean, it's be a better meal for a dog than a Squirrel, ya know?

Speaking of Mrs. Wierwille's poodle, does anyone remember the thread about how Dr. Wierwille once said with a bunch of the good old boys standing around something like; "Ya know? If that damned poodle just up and disappeared one night, I just wouldn't be upset one little bit". And within the week "Cocoa" or whatever it's name just disappeared into thin air. Do you all remember that? I started the thread. I think it was called "Whatever happened to Mrs. Wierwille" or something like that. I'll betcha ol Word Wolf could dig that thread up. That one was kinda funny if I am remembering correctly. We never did figure out who done it. Maybe one of the killer rabid attack dogs ate it. I mean, it's be a better meal for a dog than a Squirrel, ya know?

And speaking of poodles----

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2yxnEIUrio

Well, I haven't seen that wascally Wascal for awhile. She was doing the "shout it out thing" a couple of times after the boot swung up, but I haven't seen her since. Maybe she just decided to heck with it for awhile and sai; "I go a fishin". She does love to go fishin ya know. Oh well, she'll probly be along by and by...

Johnny I just thought it was Tick Junior because the WC person who did the tour TOLD us that was its name and lineage. I didn't know and frankly didn't and don't care all that much.

It was one of the few dogs that has scared me with a look from behind bars in a pen. Unfortunate that a good hunting dog had been trained in such a manner.

They also said it was Dr. Wierwille's dog and that only CG could handle it now that he was gone.

WG

Just a little more about the dogs in terms of my observations if you all don't mind.

Personally, I wish that I could treat the guard dogs as an innocent means of protection, but I've heard enough to have grave doubts.

Firstly, I remember that DWBH shared that when he/she (sorry that I don't know for sure DWBH.) tried to point out that sexual misconduct was going on in the Corps to Dr. Wierwille a guard dog was used to intimidate DWBH. Another thing is that WG has shared that she was intimidated by the dog she's reffering to. If Chris Geer had control of the dog, then the intimidating demeanor was a deliberate ploy by Chris Geer to warn off trouble.

Not to mention that I think it was screwy the way that Dr. compared training people to training dogs.

I do not believe for one minute that with these two having shared that we can write the dogs off as "normal self protection."

Must clarify that CG was in Europe when I saw the dog. They were going to ship it to him or something.

However, if he trained the dog it had been trained a bit too well. Probably was confused and resentful of its confinement too. Dogs who've been trained to do something need to do it, IMO.

Well not necessarily rip the throat out of everyone around them, but he was used to being busy and now he wasn't, if you understand what I mean.

WG

Dear WG,

Yeah, I think I get it.

But as they "said" that only Chris Geer could control the dog, then he was responsible for its well-being. And he was responsible for the dog that apparently intimidated many.

What a twisted Christian (so-called) ministry TWI became. SIGH....