GreaseSpot Cafe

Why did vp commit suicide?

waterbuffalo

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It still shocks me that this ministry that most of us trusted (at one time or another) became so adept at LYING that we have to sift through cover stories just to try to figure out what really happened.

It kind of reminds me of the old lawyer joke that goes something like,"HOW DO YOU TELL IF THEY ARE LYING...........THEIR LIPS ARE MOVING!"

In the POP it seems clear to me that the lie that TWI wanted us to believe that Wierwille was in total control, that he chose to die, and that most of us poor saps would just never understand.

I have no evidence, but it wouldn't surprise me if he died as a direct consequence of one of the more twisted aspects of his life.

(edited for grammar)

Edited by JeffSjo

Thanks for all of the superb comments. For those I could follow, and for those I couldn't. LOL!

Here's how I came up with my "conclusion:"

Vic taught "you die when you stop believing"

+Vic chose not to believe to be healed (gave up) because the bot shut him out

Vic committed suicide

At the time, it seemed like simple math to me...

A) According to that linked article, IF there's a connection between OCULAR melanoma and UV light,

it has NOT been established.

IF they were UV lights-and we STILL have only SPECULATION they were- they shouldn't just have singled out his eyes and

skipped the rest of his face.

I don't want to be a pain about this, but I think this keeps getting forgotten, and some posters keep thinking

this was some sort of PROVEN POINT. (So far, no definitive proof for a specific cause has been found.)

Good point, WW...after all nothing has been proven in a court of law, so it is all just speculation...

Mind you, I think they eventually WILL show a connection between UV light and ocular melanoma, but we don't

have that definitively NOW.

I still don't think that will affect vpw's story, since we still haven't found a way to connect the pfal lights with

UV lights, but-in fairness- I wanted to point out I do THINK that UV light probably is ONE way to get ocular

melanoma but that it's probably not the ONLY way.

Here is an abstract of another study.

http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/klu/...000005/00335872

But then again, we don't really know what kind of lights they used.

I like medical mysteries, but I'm not into film.

WG

Someone brought up the idea that bright lights damaging eyes might predispose them to ocular melanoma,

whether or not the lights are UV. It's an interesting idea, but I haven't seen any proven connection,

nor can I necessarily connect it to vpw's story. Then again, I don't discount it, either.

(More information's needed.)

Thanks for all of the superb comments. For those I could follow, and for those I couldn't. LOL!

Here's how I came up with my "conclusion:"

Vic taught "you die when you stop believing"

+Vic chose not to believe to be healed (gave up) because the bot shut him out

Vic committed suicide

At the time, it seemed like simple math to me...

That IS twi logic.

Then again, Raf said it best when he said it first:

We don't die when we stop believing.

We die when we stop breathing.

It still shocks me that this ministry that most of us trusted (at one time or another) became so adept at LYING that we have to sift through cover stories just to try to figure out what really happened.

It kind of reminds me of the old lawyer joke that goes something like,"HOW DO YOU TELL IF THEY ARE LYING...........THEIR LIPS ARE MOVING!"

In the POP it seems clear to me that the lie that TWI wanted us to believe that Wierwille was in total control, that he chose to die, and that most of us poor saps would just never understand.

I have no evidence, but it wouldn't surprise me if he died as a direct consequence of one of the more twisted aspects of his life.

(edited for grammar)

Given how many of vpw's stories turned out to have been "tall tales" passed off as fact,

it's now standard practice to disbelieve him until some reason can be found to believe him.

It's just a healthier approach to what he claimed of himself.

And more likely to be correct.

Shocking to say that about a supposed "Man of God", but there you go.

Of course, "Man of God" was one of those claims...