GreaseSpot Cafe

Whoa...check this out...

Brushstroke

As I've been researching TWI, I've come across this site a few times, and I decided to look into where these articles come from. I guess it's just a TWI/offshoot follower.

http://www1.itech.net/~ydl/page2.htm This is the main link that contains an index of other links that contain TWI's teachings, most of which can be found on Google if you look hard enough.

Kind of an interesting find, I think.

~Phil

As I've been researching TWI, I've come across this site a few times, and I decided to look into where these articles come from. I guess it's just a TWI/offshoot follower

(((((Brushstroke)))), This is amazing and it can be useful as not everything we were taught in TWI is wrong. It could be good for comparing former teachings with what you're relearning and sorting things out, sifting through the puzzle pieces .

http://www1.itech.net/~ydl/page2.htm This is the main link that contains an index of other links that contain TWI's teachings, most of which can be found on Google if you look hard enough.

Kind of an interesting find, I think.

A very interesting find and a lot of work for whomever did it. Do you know who Brushstroke???

~Phil

(((((Brushstroke)))), This is amazing and it can be useful as not everything we were taught in TWI is wrong. It could be good for comparing former teachings with what you're relearning and sorting things out, sifting through the puzzle pieces.

A very interesting find and a lot of work for whomever did it. Do you know who Brushstroke???

Yes, I can see how it would be very useful for a lot of people here. For me, it gives me a clearer idea of what exactly TWI teaches, as I was never in TWI, and knowledge of what they believe will prove useful to me later on, considering I have a couple of close friends in TWI.

And I have no clue who did all this.

~Phil

Just think, Brush - you read all this and you too can be Waybrained... :)

My shovel isn't big enough for the load on that site.

I've read a few of the articles on there...I'm not convinced, even in the least. From what I can see on this site, TWI doctrines and arguments are simplistic at best, and need more explaining, more behind them for me to accept them. All I see is one or two verses taken out of context to support a viewpoint, and no historical records, no credible authors, no explanations of what terms like "the Word of God is the Will of God" or "working the Word" or "fits like a hand in a glove" mean, or an explanation of how doctrines like Jesus Christ not being God, denial of the Trinity, the Law of Believing, the Idiom of Permission and others were understood by the early Christians, and what they mean. Without a clear and logical explanation for the doctrines of TWI that isn't muddled with emotionalism or attacks on other groups, and that can consistently stand on its own, I'm not a taker.

So, no Waybrain for me, thank you very much. :)

If you search by the name of the html pages, you'll find the home for them.

These aren't "all" of VPW's teachings, by any means. They might all be his, though, not sure. I just did a quick glance though, and it looks like some or all were scanned in from documents, as there's one named "OCR" in the page title, forget which.

they need to put a warning label on that site like may cause Vomitting,Nausea, Blurrred spiritual Vision

and a bad taste in your mouth! You may never want to open a bible again or try going to a church

because you may feel you don't FIT in.

If you experience any of these symptoms call 911 or dial a prayer.

I think I know who put this site up, though it is kinda weird, what with no home page or identification or credits of any kind.

Ya gotta wonder how much traffic there will be to it after a couple of days. Lordy, talk about old news...

It just looks like the persons personal mashup of teachings they did or liked and put it on their personal webspace, not caring if people see it. I would have done something like that when I was in TWI, but Al Gore hadn't invented the Inflammation Soup or Hiway at the time, all we had was FIDONET and a 2400 baud modem.

Seth

It just looks like the persons personal mashup of teachings they did or liked and put it on their personal webspace, not caring if people see it.

That was my thinking as well... doesn't look like anything "formally" from twi (like transcripts from a book or teaching), it looks more like someone's personal notes on these twi subjects.