GreaseSpot Cafe

Firearms and "church"

Ham

Firearms at "church"  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Did you carry a firearm to Sunday Night Service?

• No, never
    • yes, when things were "hot"
    • several times
    • regularly
  2. 2. Who, if any, are you aware of who carried one?

• The guy running the meeting
    • The "guest speaker"
    • a bodyguard, or a few..
    • staff behind the scenes
    • myself
    • people in the "congregation"
    • none
  3. 3. I appropriate, or if you know: how many firearms were held by the congregation? (only one choice allowed here)

• One I know of for sure..
    • 2 to 6
    • 7 to 12
    • over 12
    • over 100
    • zero.

Looks like several voted on the bodyguard.. now why would a mild mannered, benevolent mogster type need a body guard, at CHURCH?

Some people might not like that term, especially the guy who started the thing.. but twi- wasn't it supposed to be just another CHURCH? At least by strict definition..

I haven't met any mainstream minister who needs a bodyguard close by to "protect his back" while he's "moving da word"..

or a guy in a ministerial association, who relied on displaying a handgun, along with a goon leveling a firearm at other clergy to demand "respect"..

pretty surreal thought, now, isn't it?

:biglaugh:

Proably the Rev. Jeremiah Wright comes to mind, along with Louis Farakan.

and the answer is heretics(Here, Tick). :biglaugh: ps, thought the dog was smarter than VPW, but then most 5th graders were smarter than Wierwille, Geer, Martindale, or Rivenbark. Just ask Jeff Foxworthy. :offtopic:

Edited by Thomas Loy Bumgarner

:offtopic: Well, in case anyone here wants to purchase a gun for their next Church (or Clergy) meeting, the ads at the top of the page have some great ideas and prices. :evilshades:

I want one of those 1,000,000 volt stun guns...Could you see the look on some ordained clergy's face when you held it up to his kidneys and gave it a blast?...

Joshua had a sword...shouldn't we have so much more?...afterall, that was old testatment.

I want one of those 1,000,000 volt stun guns...Could you see the look on some ordained clergy's face when you held it up to his kidneys and gave it a blast?...

Joshua had a sword...shouldn't we have so much more?...afterall, that was old testatment.

Absolutely! And you can spend even MORE on it... because we can go far beyond the LAW in this age of grace. :evildenk:

Hey, where was the taser to use against VPW, C Gear(deliberately mispelled), and LCM? Proably they would have sued you for deadly assault.

I have found something else I am happy to have not witnessed while in. I have no problem with guns when used responsibly by people who do not need anti-psychotics. Speaking of which 2 more days until deer season (rifle) in Michigan, nummy venison. I don't hunt so I don't own a gun, no need.