GreaseSpot Cafe

"To Hell in a hand basket"

polar bear

Recenetly I was reminded of times when something different from the social norm would show up in the news that HQ and the MOG would use it as a call for us to pledge our alllegiance to twi more than ever.

For instance when the first Harry Potter movie came out we were warned that the adversary was after our minds more than ever and that we had to stick together because the world was going "to hell in a hand baket"

Same thing with "Y2K" and any show on TV that had a homosexual influence.

One reason why it was so hard to leave. We were actually led to believe we of the fold were the only sane people left in the world.

Well the world is still here and I've come to make many good friends since leaving twi. Better quality people than most I knew who were involved in the way.

Anyways, I thought it might help others if we came up with a few more "to hell in a hand basket" lies we were told.

before I comment..

It's another cliche.. but what in the hell does "going to hell in a handbasket" mean?

:)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_hell_in_a_handbasket

""Going to Hell in a handbasket" or "Going to hell in a handcart" is an English alliterative phrase of unclear origin, which describes a situation headed for disaster without effort or in great haste."

Recenetly I was reminded of times when something different from the social norm would show up in the news that HQ and the MOG would use it as a call for us to pledge our alllegiance to twi more than ever.

For instance when the first Harry Potter movie came out we were warned that the adversary was after our minds more than ever and that we had to stick together because the world was going "to hell in a hand baket"

One reason why it was so hard to leave. We were actually led to believe we of the fold were the only sane people left in the world.

Well the world is still here and I've come to make many good friends since leaving twi. Better quality people than most I knew who were involved in the way.

Anyways, I thought it might help others if we came up with a few more "to hell in a hand basket" lies we were told.

I was between the conspiracies. I was out long before Y2K and before the claims about the

Pope's supposed aircraft carrier, and was not in back when the Commies were the threat.

http://www.greasespotcafe.com/ipb/index.ph...ic=8336&hl=

http://www.greasespotcafe.com/ipb/index.ph...ic=8380&hl=

http://www.greasespotcafe.com/ipb/index.ph...c=17540&hl=

http://www.greasespotcafe.com/main2/waydal...-followers.html

http://www.greasespotcafe.com/main2/waydal...ft-carrier.html

OMG!  I just looked at the link WW so kindly put up for the Y2K preparation, I cannot believe they put something like that out to "bless" everyone in the New Year!  If one were to take that stuff seriously, they'd have a panic attack and wall themselves up in a unibomber cabin someplace they couldn't be found!  

What a gross miscarriage of religious authority (ha!) to issue such a long communique based on a foundless RUMOUR!!!  What did they think they were running, the State Dept?

Sure inspires a close, stress free communion with God.  Can you feel the love?

Ridiculous!

Edited by now I see

You know the anti gay stuff is just as strong in southern bible belt religions, they fear gays just as much and react the same way as twi did/does. It's truely disgusting.

It must be a tactic to keep people in fear and keep them in the pews/seats, a tool of these types of churches-the us against them mentality-we're better/more righteous than them-we have the market cornerned on truth stance. Sure makes a lot of drama-while drifting their congregation into a little tidy box, further away from God one step at a time.

They can bite me on the Harry Potter stuff, it's escapism, it's a story-twi's response was just another controll/fear measure, ending up with their hand in the believer's pocketbook.

OMG!  I just looked at the link WW so kindly put up for the Y2K preparation, I cannot believe they put something like that out to "bless" everyone in the New Year!  If one were to take that stuff seriously, they'd have a panic attack and wall themselves up in a unibomber cabin someplace they couldn't be found!  

What a gross miscarriage of religious authority (ha!) to issue such a long communique based on a foundless RUMOUR!!!  What did they think they were running, the State Dept?

Yes, and we were not only expected to supply ourselves with everything on the list, but our preparedness was CHECKED by our local leadership.

Thankfully, they didn't actually come into our homes but they did sit each adult/couple down and go through the list with them to make sure everything had been addressed to their satisfaction. In our home I did all the shopping so I did do some stocking up but any equipment I bought (hubby insisted) like a camping toilet and a small gas grill, I left all packaged up so I could return it as soon as the "crisis" was over. And some things I just said we had and never bought (oooh, little liar me).

I recall sitting through the advanced class at Emporia in 1978...We were hit quite heavily with all the conspiracy crapola...and the devil's main target on planet earth was twi, dontchaknow...

...and this all laid the groundwork for the infamous mal pack adventure...I still own my kelty backpack. :biglaugh:

Well, I am not sure if we were all leaving in a handbasket---BUT---we had a meeting where we sat and listened to a Region Coordinator analyze the song "We are the World" as being a "seed boy" song. We went through it lyric by lyric. . . .and it was supposedly a representation of pure evil. An indication of how bad things were outside Zions walls.

Now, here we sat, a group who wouldn't lift a finger to feed a starving African unless they took the class. . . . and even then it was iffy. . .or spit on someone on fire. . .unless they signed a greencard. . . calling those raising millions for a good cause "Evil". I would say we were going to hell in a handbasket. . . just clueless we were the ones headed that way.

Only TWI could take a song used to raise money for the poor and make it somehow "evil". A group of people actually DOING something to help others and we sat and critiqued the lyrics??? :asdf:

Granted it WAS Michael Jackson--the song?? Well. . . It was the 80's!! Love the hair though. . .

Edited by geisha779

It must be a tactic to keep people in fear and keep them in the pews/seats, a tool of these types of churches-the us against them mentality-we're better/more righteous than them-we have the market cornerned on truth stance.

Tactics to keep us in the fold. That's exactly what they did and still do.

Bottom line---It was all about "us". No matter what was going on in the universe, it was all about "us"-----

We were the center of it..........how egotistic and selfish is that???

Newlife,

Yes, WE were the ONLY truly blessed ones, WE were the only ones who had the truth, WE were the only ones who could have the 'true' and right dividing of the truth, WE were the reason that the sun shone everyday, WEwere the only Christians who were going to make it into the INNER SACTUM of heaven, WE, WE, WE, WE!!!

makes me want to puke.

Yes, it was egotistical, and the leader VEEPEE was the #1 egostical man of the cult.

Edited by A la prochaine