GreaseSpot Cafe

It is now Christmas Eve

kimberly

Tonight, I watched my second favorite Christmas movie, "White Christmas." All is hushed in the house when Bing Crosby sings the theme song. "Miracle on 34th Street," starring Natalie Woods when she was a little girl, is nearly tied to second favorite.

BUT, the big first favorite comes on tonight at 8pm. "It's A Wonderful Life." It is a tradition in our family after the big Christmas Eve Fest. Roar up the fireplace (no matter the temp. Some years we have had to open the windows.) and all snuggle down and in for the movie. As far as movies, it doesn't get much better than this one.

It took my children until the age of 12 or 13 (IT'S IN BLACK AND WHITE!!! I CAN"T WATCH THIS!!! YUK!! PHEEW!!!) to get the message of the movie. Now, they wouldn't miss it. The youngest still refers to Jimmy Stewart as George Bailey.

TBS is showing "Christmas Story" back to back all day long from now until tomorrow night...the one with the adventures of Ralphie and his BB gun.

Unfortunately, one can only watch a movie so many times until you HAVE to change the channel.

Wishing you a Merry Christmas!!!

Our family tradition is to get together on Christmas eve for an informal dinner and then play games. This year it was "Catch Phrase," which is sort of like "$10,000 Pyramid" on speed.

It's especially entertaining with my 89-year-old dad and 83-year-old mom playing. Mom can't hear when people call out the answers, and Dad makes up his own rules as he goes along, cracking wise all the way. They're both cute as bugs, and I'm so thankful to have them still with us and still enjoying life.

Many laughs are shared, and then we all go to our respective homes and await Santa's arrival Christmas morning, which is when the gift unwrapping extravaganza begins.

Merry Christmas, everyone! May you enjoy whatever your traditions are in good health and happiness. It's almost time for me to go over the river and through the woods back to Grandmother's house.

Unfortunately, one can only watch a movie so many times until you HAVE to change the channel.
I love that movie, but once a season is enough! The missus & I watched it Sunday night after we exchanged gifts.

The movie is hilarious, but there's some very touching scenes too, like when mom covers up Ralphie's use of profanity during his big fight, and when dad surprises him with the gun on Xmas morning.