GreaseSpot Cafe

TWI's Mission Statement: PFAL = The Word

skyrider

From the early 1970's to present-day TWI, the mission statement: PFAL = The Word.

Prior to wierwille's claim of "the 1942 divine promise".......

"I was praying. And I told Father outright that He could have the whole thing, unless

there were real genuine answers that I wouldn't ever have to back up on.

And that's when He spoke to me audibly, just like I'm talking to you now. He said He

would teach me the Word as it had not been known since the first century if I would

teach it to others.

Well, I nearly flew off my chair. I couldn't believe that God would talk to me."

......twi was struggling to find a distinguishable identity in the vast ocean of religion. Even though wierwille took B.G. Leonard's class in 1953 and soon taught it as his own....TO SUSTAIN TWI'S MOVEMENT, WIERWILLE NEEDED MORE. The India itinerary, the release of publications, the move to the wierwille farmstead, building the brc, the spiritual 70 club, ......... wierwille still NEEDED more. In 1967, the pfal class was filmed. Then, with efforts to engraft others' ministry works [i.e. Doop, Hefner, etc].......twi saw the surge of youth.

BUT..........wierwille NEEDED MORE. He needed "a divine promise" that would catapult his status from "the teacher" to MOG. Thus, in the early 70's wierwille lays claim to hearing the audible voice and promise of God.....a "divine promise" that anchored his ship in deep waters! Wierwille's claim is irrefutable......only he was there.

From these questionable beginnings, twi's mission statement: PFAL = The Word.........was launched, and continues to this day. Of course, most who propound this mission are STILL with twi.......but there are some notable mavericks, for sure. Even here at GreaseSpot, the "divine promise" claim is AT THE VERY EPICENTER of thread after thread.

Cunningly and craftily, the deception has been made.....PFAL = The Word.

:asdf: As I reflect back thru my 24 years of twi involvement, I realize that TWI'S MISSION STATEMENT never was altered or fluctuated. Twi was, indeed, anchored to wierwille's 1942 claim......stemming to the sold-out belief that pfal and "The Word" were one and the same. The class was, is, and will continue to be THE INDOCTRINATION TOOL......and even though twi has another class, it's still anchored to the wierwille mysticism. :asdf:

Even today......notice the many threads of pfal, the orange book, vp and the snowstorm (promise), etc.

Of course, one only needs to look at Scripture to see the deception.......the idolatry. Adhering to wierwille's words and "revelations" is one of the oldest tricks in The Book.

:evildenk:

When I was in twi it was all about PFAL,sell it and if people don't want it ..move on to the next person.

People had questions and we were to say,it will all be explained in the class, take the class! Take the class.

I found if you didn't take the class you we basically a waste of our time and could never really be a believer

in twi eyes! Target under 30 crowd etc.....

If you didn't SIT(which was the"proof " in the sense world you were born again)there was just so much

crap piling up!

Ofcourse at the time I didn't know anything just thought this is great and as time went by I began to see

through the smoke screen.

After all these years it is still the same stuff huh?

It is true People are destroyed for lack of knowledge but in twi they are destroying themselves with lies.

Edited by cheranne

When I was in twi it was all about PFAL,sell it and if people don't want it ..move on to the next person.

People had questions and we were to say,it will all be explained in the class, take the class! Take the class.

Take the class..........the droning went on for years!

Creeping in, ever-so-subtly........PFAL became synonymous with "the Word" for many, and later a majority. The pfal class became like a modern-day arc of the covenant, containing pfal wierwille-breathed words. Seemingly, respect and awe was directed to a man......THE "man of God." By the early 80's, the corps were being taught that wierwille was "our father in the word".....citing references that were associated with the apostle Paul.

The all-out push for America Awakes in 1976 was spotlighted on pushing the class, taking the class. It was the sole "product" of twi's marketing campaign....."It's the class, the class, and nothing but the class."

The first two months of my corps indoctrination were pfal-rehash "teachings." It was one of those uuugh moments when surely there is more to "corps training" than selling the classes, the books, the wierwille brand??? Sadly......NO. In my skepticism, I held out thinking that "there is a light at the end of this tunnel, right?" Nope.

In the end, my skepticm won out..............They were who I thought they were.

Ah, yes

Just take "the class".

Like the first free hit a drug peddler fronts some naive kid on the playground. (except it wasn't even free.)

Wierwille was an entrepreneur. PLAF (The Wonder Class) was his core product.

But Wait!! There's More!!!

You also need TIP, AC, WC, KTS, DWA, WOW, FLO, CFS, PDSTRO, PCP, LSD, and a partridge in a way tree.

Call now!

Operators are standing by, waiting for you to answer the question, "Your pen or mine?"

AND---If you act right now and sign "the green card", we'll also include an obligation to commit 15% of your hard earned cash.

AS an added bonus to the first 100,000 callers, we will personally ask God to spit in your direction.

(Offer void in states where insanity is prohibited.)

I disagree with the premise that TWI promoted PFAL as the god breathed word.

Having hung around for 17 years I would have picked that one up for sure.

Seems to be just another feeble way to label them as kooks, which I think is unnecessary and unchristian.

I still believe there are lots of biblical goodies in PFAL; still believe twi promoted PFAL as keys to unlock the word, but not the word itself.

I will say this: I believe that when and where VPW rightly divided the word, we got the true word; but when and where he wrongly divided the word, we got error.

Edited by oldiesman

Seems to be just another feeble way to label them as kooks, which I think is unnecessary and unchristian.

I still believe there are lots of biblical goodies in PFAL; still believe twi promoted PFAL as keys to unlock the word, but not the word itself.

I will say this: I believe that when and where VPW rightly divided the word, we got the true word; but when and where he wrongly divided the word, we got error.

so your saying it is "half baked" half a$$(dollar sign included)twisted scripture and IF it is all that well....

we may as well throw it all in the trash! Yes I agree with that!

Of course it was "god-breathed".......wierwille was THE MAN OF GOD speaking NEW LIGHT.

PFAL was the modern-day "epistle" ......the foundational "revelation" that God intended since the first century church.

Wierwille was "led by holy spirit" to bring these keys to unlock the secrets of the more abundant life.

HOW DARE YOU QUESTION THAT PFAL WAS NOT GOD-BREATHED???

so your saying it is "half baked" half a$$(dollar sign included)twisted scripture and IF it is all that well....

we may as well throw it all in the trash! Yes I agree with that!

Oh :doh: yah "God breathed holy drunk man gets heavy revy from gas pumps across the street

and the SNOWGLOBE in his sick twisted greedy perverted psychotic mind with delusions of $$$$$$$$$$$ :evildenk:

Edited by cheranne

That's not an accurate assessment of the premise as it was portrayed in the post that started this thread.

In other words, you have now introduced a diversionary premise, one that is much easier to refute.

The original premise was--------TWI's mission statement was/is PFAL= The Word.

It doesn't even mention PFAL being God-Breathed. The original inspiration was said to be a product of revelation/phenomenon, yes, but not the class itself.

In fact, the concept that wierwille promoted was that the average Joe could use the "principles" he taught in PFAL (not revelation) to arrive at an in-depth understanding of The Word that exceeded whatever else was available on the market.

So the class was supposed to be an inroad to----"The Word".

"If you don't understand something, just ask me, I'll tell you."------VPW

Just write "The Teacher".

Edited by waysider

That's not what Skyrider said.

His false premise is based on the idea that PFAL=The Word.

Not PFAL=An Inroad to The Word.

Had he said that from the beginning, I probably would have agreed with him.

Yes.......the premise of this thread is PFAL = The Word.

But more to the point.......it was TWI's Mission Statement at it's corporate offices that fueled this manufacturing.

At present, you have stated very little to prove to me that it was/is false.

<_<

Edited by skyrider

Actually, skyrider was sharing Mike's (and apparently other's) opinion about what Mike (and others) believes the written PFAL is. Mike has come to the conclusion that the written PFAL is God's word and that it was kept secret, but alluded to by VPW when he said that all translations and versions have errors and are therefore not God-breathed. On the other hand, apparently the written PFAL has no errors and is therefore God-breathed.

Do you believe PFAL is error-free?

To cut to the chase........here is what I wanted to discuss.

From these questionable beginnings, twi's mission statement: PFAL = The Word.........was launched, and continues to this day. Of course, most who propound this mission are STILL with twi.......but there are some notable mavericks, for sure. Even here at GreaseSpot, the "divine promise" claim is AT THE VERY EPICENTER of thread after thread.

Cunningly and craftily, the deception has been made.....PFAL = The Word.

Wierwille NEEDED "a divine promise" to snugly cloak himself as "the man of God." Perhaps, he sensed, in 1969 or 1970, some rivalry on the horizon from the likes of Hefnxr or Doop (or others) and wanted to solidify his infallible position. Or, he wanted to squelch anyone from taking "his" pfal class and teaching it as their own. Whatever the reason.......wierwille felt like he NEEDED to unveil "the snowstorm incident" to the young corps some 28 YEARS after the so-called incident and clarifying it for Elen@ Whites1des' in-house promo book.

The Myth and The Man grew substantially thru the 70's.......crystallizing TWI's Mission Statement: PFAL = The Word.

The corps program fueled this growing mission as the suck-ups, corps coordinators, sought the approval of wierwille.....of which, one in Indianapolis STILL SEEKS to this day. Corps grads became the newly-trained pfal "instructors." The alpha male structure in twi had taken root. PFAL and "The Word" were synonymous.

Remember......we have NO FRIENDS when it comes to the word, nor do we "waste our time" on anyone who doesn't want to take pfal.

Perhaps I didn't state my case clearly enough.

I did NOT, in fact, say that the premise skyrider presented is/was-----PFAL=An inroad to The Word.

That is a conclusion I drew from wierwille's promotions of "the class".

Here is that post again.

QUOTE (oldiesman @ Jan 16 2009, 10:49 AM) *

waysider replied:

That's not an accurate assessment of the premise as it was portrayed in the post that started this thread.

In other words, you have now introduced a diversionary premise, one that is much easier to refute.

The original premise was--------TWI's mission statement was/is PFAL= The Word.

It doesn't even mention PFAL being God-Breathed. The original inspiration was said to be a product of revelation/phenomenon, yes, but not the class itself.

In fact, the concept that wierwille promoted was that the average Joe could use the "principles" he taught in PFAL (not revelation) to arrive at an in-depth understanding of The Word that exceeded whatever else was available on the market.

(Do you see the conclusion being drawn?)

"If you don't understand something, just ask me, I'll tell you."------VPW

Just write "The Teacher".

Edited by waysider

Yes.......the premise of this thread is PFAL = The Word.

But more to the point.......it was TWI's Mission Statement at it's corporate offices that fueled this manufacturing.

At present, you have stated very little to prove to me that it was/is false.

<_<

The premise is false and misleading.

TWI written documents from PFAL say:

God = The Word

Jesus = The Word in the Flesh

Bible = The Word in Writing

There was nothing about PFAL=The Word.

Accuracy is important!

The premise is false and misleading.

TWI written documents from PFAL say:

God = The Word

Jesus = The Word in the Flesh

Bible = The Word in Writing

There was nothing about PFAL=The Word.

Accuracy is important!

Yes, accuracy is important.

Sometimes it requires going beyond the simply stated and exploring the veiled implications.

Hey OM - Tell ya' what I'm gonna do...

I'm going to write a document that states very clearly that I love and care for all people.

It will be repeated over and over in various other writings.

Heck - then I'll get away with doing whatever I please - because only the "official" statement documented in writing is what will count..

Isn't that about how you'd describe your approach towards VP and TWI?

Yes, accuracy is important.

Sometimes it requires going beyond the simply stated and exploring the veiled implications.

Hiya waysider,

That's what I like about the one that revealed that to him PFAL was the Word of God and then shared how he got this from understand the intent and content of the class.

If I hadn't read it with my own eyes I wouldn't have freakin believed it. :doh:

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

If I were to try to explain why there are errors in God-breathed PFAL I'd be an idiot or sorts.

Of course, my real answer (you expect this, right?) is that I disagree with the notion that there are errors!

From the snowstorm thread.............. Mike believes that PFAL = God-breathed Word.

How many others are "true" followers?

I remember hearing more than once that the ministry was the Word.

When I remember a conversation I had with a Cabinet Overseer's wife about VPW's adultery, she sounded concerned about it, but she said "What do you do? Leave the Word?"

That ladies and gentleman is a classic example of drinking koolaid and being brain washed.

PFAL=the word

I guess that's no more ludicrous than LDS's Book of Mormon, or JW's tracts and rewritten KJV, or Islam's Koran. Make no mistake - no one outside those sects swallows that hook, but it seems every sect has it's "sacred" writings.

I was wondering who all thought at one time that PFAL=the word?

I remember hearing more than once that the ministry was the Word.

Yeah......."The Word is the ministry and the ministry is the Word."

One of wierwille's quotable one-liners.........and twi's propaganda.

PFAL=the word

I guess that's no more ludicrous than LDS's Book of Mormon, or JW's tracts and rewritten KJV, or Islam's Koran. Make no mistake - no one outside those sects swallows that hook, but it seems every sect has it's "sacred" writings.

I was wondering who all thought at one time that PFAL=the word?

In spite of thousands of hours of teachings, meetings, corps indoctrination..............I never swallowed this bait.

The re-hashing of pfal was one of the deadening aspects of corps "training."

Some people DID buy it.

One of the tapes, I forget which, was called "Power for Abundant Living is the Word of God."

The idea put forth was that the concepts were, in effect, one concept.

Of course, they were also putting forth that twi's view of both were correct AND they were one concept.