GreaseSpot Cafe

the way corps site

excathedra

Hey Exie, I don't post there, what's up with it? :cryhug_1_:

Nothing's up with it.

In some ways similar to GS, but in plenty of other ways different.

No one is anonymous there.

Not everyone hates TWI, Wierwille and/or Martindale.

It has a chat feature.

Each member has his/her own page.

The forums are not about controversial topics, but each member can have blogs, pics, music, and/or video.

Member blogs cover many topics, some controversial. Some members extol the virtues of Wierwille's teachings, some make it clear why they no longer associate with TWI.

There's really not much more to it than that.

Excie is certainly free to express her opinion about it, even so far as to do so on her page on that site.

But if there are genuine, legitimate concerns, the owners/administrators invite feedback so that if reasonable, do-able changes can be made, they would be made.

i should probably have said that i hate the feelings it brings up in me

I agree... while (in the grand scope of everything that went on) I don't have any truly hideous memories of my time in twi, there are a lot of folks on that site who are still DEEPLY entrenched in twi dogma and terminology -- whether still affiliated with twi or not -- it is very like stepping into a time warp for me. You only have to get about three words into a lot of peoples' entries before you hit the jargon wall.

THW, I'm glad you think that, too. It's surreal sometimes.

I enjoy meeting some people, but most of those are well "out" and have other lives now. They were always the most interesting ones in rez, too, by which I mean, not spouting the party line all the time.

Please don't start about what you hate about the way corps site, it's been beaten to death. You can contact the Admins over there with concerns, they are responsive in my dealings with them. You just may not like the answers that you get.

I know that if there are sites that I hate, I stop going to them.

I don't think anybody hates it, Paw; I certainly don't. But it does have ... a rather different flavor from this one. Maybe it's the contrast that makes it a little hair raising at times. Some non-Corps see it for something it definitely isn't.

I'm glad it's there and am pleased to have caught up with some of my Corps bros and sisters that otherwise I probably would never have heard from. I knew some great people there and have often wondered what became of them.

Hey, Rocky :wave: you call it about like it is.

I think this thread started innocently enough, but it propbably will denegrate into the same pattern as previous threads about it...seeing as the website founder is a sincere and good intentioned person, and out of respect for Paw, then it's ok with me we don't go any deeper than this...

You know, I think it just brings back some of the feelings of being excluded by the Exclusive Ones to some of us. But then if it were a site for Catholic priests and you had to be a priest to look at the site, or Amway distributors, and you had to post your Amway distributor number to be allowed to look at the site, that would be the same difference.

There are a few WC folks I would love to know what happened to them, if they are "out" etc., but I also think if they wanted to contact me they would do so.

So peace be upon the WC site, their administrators, and their participants. God bless them every one.

WG

Sorry... didn't mean to contribute negatively... I emphatically DON'T hate that site!! I'm glad it is there. I think it is healthy for folks at all ends of the spectrum to rub shoulders that way. (but it can be like stepping into a time warp at times, lol)

Enter the cynic - but this time I am not going to be cynical.

I joined the site and left shortly thereafter - didn't like the old time greetings ("in the name of our living...")

However I had a nice phone conversation with John Richeson and it is not his intention to promote Waydom nor Way corps...In fact he is as out of it as most of the rest of us. Much like Paw - he lets people say their gig - if it is still Waydom - well he isn't going to censor it. If it is anti-waydom he won't censor that either.

Nothing wrong with that site - just not my pint of ale (or cup of tea if you prefer). As Paw said - if ya don't like it ya don't need to go there. Unless the site is promoting how to build low yield nukes then I don't see the need to bash it.

And let's not forget, for those who still would like to find people who they know who may have been in the way corps, FACEBOOK is an excellent platform for finding people. Many of the people on the WC site are also on FACEBOOK.

And Dan Haas has also started a FACEBOOK group to facilitate connections for people who were (and/or still are) in TWI.

i'll let you know :)

hugs

--

paw, i just saw your comment

may i say

Please don't start about what you hate about the way corps site, it's been beaten to death. You can contact the Admins over there with concerns, they are responsive in my dealings with them. You just may not like the answers that you get.

I know that if there are sites that I hate, I stop going to them.

thank you