GreaseSpot Cafe

did you believe in devil spirits?

Bolshevik

Devil spirit views.  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Before twi,

• I believed in evil spirit beings
    • I did not believe in evil spirits
    • I believed that spirits are neutral (neither good or bad) but influence people
    • I did not believe in the supernatural
    • I did not believe in spirit beings, but did believe in some spiritual force(s)
  2. 2. During my twi experience

• I believed in devil spirits as twi taught for the most part
    • I was generally skeptical on the subject of devil spirits
    • I believed in evil spirits, but not "devil spirits" as twi taught
    • I believed in spiritual forces but not evil spiritual beings
  3. 3. After my twi experience

• I continued to believe in devil spirits for a little while
    • I dropped that belief rather quickly, but I still believe in evil spirits of some form
    • I dropped that belief immediately, good riddence
    • I still believe in devil spirits like (or similar to) twi teachings
    • Never believed any of it anyway
    • I believe in spiritual forces but not evil spirit beings
  4. 4. Did you ever own a copy of the Athletes of the Spirit coloring book?

• Yes
    • No
  5. 5. The Way's view, in general, of evil spirits, IMO

• is hogwash
    • is a half-truth
    • is true but completely misguided in application
    • in general, is mostly true
    • is like 5-10% true, maybe less

So... what do you think so far?

"believed in spurts like twi taught.."

I don't think it was quite that simple.. more like "brow-beaten with a few verses out of context and threatened with imminent possession without immediate forced compliance" may be closer to the truth..

So... what do you think so far?

"believed in spurts like twi taught.."

I don't think it was quite that simple.. more like "brow-beaten with a few verses out of context and threatened with imminent possession without immediate forced compliance" may be closer to the truth..

Shhhhhhh!----They can hear you!

I should point out that the teaching from the early 70's when I was in, were not as weird as what was taught later.

One of the problems with teaching about Devil Spirits is that people start seeing them everywhere and a lot of what people call devil spirits are illnesses or people making dumb stupid decisions.

I should point out that the teaching from the early 70's when I was in, were not as weird as what was taught later.

One of the problems with teaching about Devil Spirits is that people start seeing them everywhere and a lot of what people call devil spirits are illnesses or people making dumb stupid decisions.

That problem most likely came about because there the teaching of debbil spurts was so nebulous, and yet so "cool." The stuff in the Adv Class was supposed to be for the spiritually mature - but it was handed out to anyone who could pay for it - or anyone with itching ears.

So rather than ask some questions, learn, get involved, get a clue, it became easier to blame spiritual forces. After all, didn't vp always talk about how spiritual forces were setting up against twi?

I get a little ill thinking about the far reaching evil that came from the arrogance taught by twi.

Oh, I'm not so sure about that.

When I took the AC in 1973, it was already plenty weird regarding devil spirits.

Illnesses?!?! That was right from drunk vic's mouth...cancer was a devil spirit until his brother died of cancer then he later died of ocular cancer....He also taught that a healthy body is close to impervious to devil spirits (or something close to that)...so hmmm if I got the swine flu - should I be looking in the cupboards for devil spirits lurking to possess me at 3:00AM while I am busy puking?

Like vpee knew anything about devil spirits or God.  Mebee his head hurt like the devil after a long night of drambui dreams!

Anything he proclaimed was cherry picked from other's ministry's or from what the early hippies taught him, wasn't there someone here who documented where he got that white heart black heart thing, where he plagerized it from someone else but taught it as if we saw these things.  Anything that man taught was directly or indirectly related to either his pocketbook, or what was in his pants, and that's it.

Far too much emphasis on da spuritz, far too often people used it against other believers to have power over them.  Completely out of balance in twil.

RumRunner if horror movies are correct, the spuritz live in the basement!!!! :evildenk::realmad:

RumRunner if horror movies are correct, the spuritz live in the basement!!!! :evildenk::realmad:

The Manifestation of Discerning of Spirits

What is:

Be vewwy vewwy kwyet.... we're hunting debbil spiwitz.

devil spirits as taught by twi ranks in the top tier along with broken mirrors, black cats, the number 13, walking under ladders, bad things happening in threes, owls looking in your window, throwing salt over your shoulder, rabbit's feet, stepping on the cracks, being born on Halloween etc etc etc. And for anyone who grew up in a predominately catholic town - being left handed was a curse of god and the nuns routinely beat school children with rulers for using the "wrong" hand

Oh sorry it took so long to finish this post. As I was typing something invisible lifted me out of my chair and threw me across the room.

Edited by RumRunner

Illnesses?!?! That was right from drunk vic's mouth...cancer was a devil spirit until his brother died of cancer then he later died of ocular cancer....He also taught that a healthy body is close to impervious to devil spirits (or something close to that)...so hmmm if I got the swine flu - should I be looking in the cupboards for devil spirits lurking to possess me at 3:00AM while I am busy puking?

"If your eye offends you, cut it out"

Guess his did...

Edited by doojable

devil spirits as taught by twi ranks in the top tier along with broken mirrors, black cats, the number 13, walking under ladders, bad things happening in threes, owls looking in your window, throwing salt over your shoulder, rabbit's feet, stepping on the cracks, being born on Halloween etc etc etc. And for anyone who grew up in a predominately catholic town - being left handed was a curse of god and the nuns routinely beat school children with rulers for using the "wrong" hand

and, you failed to mention the rounding up and burning of black cats to rid the land of "spirits" in preparation for Easter in the middle ages. Slowly, this custom evolved into what was once called "uncle harry day". Later, a day to burn the chaff, or was it, get the shaft..

I've heard linder, and now quite possibly his replacement, have a certain propensity toward "dispatching" supposedly unwanted cats.

Is there some connection in all of this?

Probably a remote one..

:biglaugh:

Devil spirits?...I don't pretend to know anything about "spiritual matters"...but I do know that twi has zero credibility when it comes to ANYTHING they claim as truth. They have disqualified themselves by their unChristian behavior, their false doctrines and the methods in which they "gathered" this so-called doctrinal material.

The "devil spirit game"that was played within twi was designed to bolster egos, manipulate people and create a culture of control. The only spirits that Vic ever saw were the ones in the bottom of a glass.