GreaseSpot Cafe

Easy Movie Quotes

Aliens    Wasn't the original so going with its sequel.  On second thought, I think it's Alien: Resurrection, the one with Winona Ryder.  I think that's the one right?

Edited by Human without the bean

15 hours ago, Human without the bean said:

Aliens   Wasn't the original so going with its sequel.  On second thought, I think it's Alien: Resurrection, the one with Winona Ryder.  I think that's the one right?

You were all over the map there, but I'll count this as correct.  The second one had the girl, Newt.  She's the "her" in the line.  She survived initial attacks that wiped out her colony.

20 hours ago, WordWolf said:

The second one had the girl, Newt.  She's the "her" in the line. 

Yes, I remember that now.  So I had it right the first time.  I shouldn't have second-guessed myself.

"And who would've thought... you, an IRS agent"....[different character says]  "Death and Taxes".

On 11/14/2023 at 10:18 PM, Human without the bean said:

"And who would've thought... you, an IRS agent"....[different character says]  "Death and Taxes".

This is kind of an off the wall sort of movie but totally mainstream.  Has a host a great actors.

I will recant this selection if no other responses reveal its movie title.  This is the dialog that takes place just before the first quote. 

" Proof? We've got plenty of proof.   Drew, make no mistake. Should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality that is beyond your comprehension.  And you will not be counting the days or the months or the years, but millenniums in a place with no doors".

On 11/16/2023 at 6:57 PM, Human without the bean said:

This is kind of an off the wall sort of movie but totally mainstream.  Has a host a great actors.

I will recant this selection if no other responses reveal its movie title.  This is the dialog that takes place just before the first quote. 

" Proof? We've got plenty of proof.   Drew, make no mistake. Should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality that is beyond your comprehension.  And you will not be counting the days or the months or the years, but millenniums in a place with no doors".

My goodness I really felt these last lines would click with somebody.   I'll wait just a bit longer I think, before giving it up.

6 hours ago, Human without the bean said:

You forgot to name the movie Raf.

He did, but this once I think we can overlook that, since it's obvious from what he posted that he knew it was "A Christmas Story" and MEANT to name the movie.

His, OTOH, is "RISKY BUSINESS."

*slides away*

On 11/20/2023 at 10:01 AM, Raf said:

"WTF" is sounded out in the preceding clue.

On 11/21/2023 at 1:47 AM, WordWolf said:

He did, but this once I think we can overlook that, since it's obvious from what he posted that he knew it was "A Christmas Story" and MEANT to name the movie.

His, OTOH, is "RISKY BUSINESS."

*slides away*

I must have missed this line.  I wonder did it take place during the "Sausage King of Chicago" bit?

19 hours ago, Human without the bean said:

I must have missed this line.  I wonder did it take place during the "Sausage King of Chicago" bit?

Matthew Broderick was having "Ferris Buehler's Day Off".  It was his 9th sick day, so he figured he'd better make it count as he wasn't going to get a 10th one.  "We saw everything. We saw the whole city. We ate pancreas."  (Not even counting the parade or catching a fly ball at Wrigley Field.)  They went for lunch in a spiffy upscale restaurant where he claimed to be Abe Frohman, Sausage King of Chicago. (Good thing the real Abe didn't show up while they were still eating.)  That's where they "ate pancreas."

In "Risky Business", Tom Cruise and Rebecca DeMornay did a whole lot of other things.   One of the more famous moments was Tom Cruise having the house to himself and singing karaoke or lip-synching in the living room.  

*slides out*