GreaseSpot Cafe

Easy Movie Quotes

On 10/2/2023 at 1:58 PM, Human without the bean said:

I'll go for WordWolf, been 3 days.

"Oh, I'll never leave Montana brother" !

Okay, it's fairly obscure, however it is quoted as a movie line on IMDB.  Another line then from the same movie.

"Thank you  O  merciful professor of poetry and trout". 

"I'm going to ask Jessie Burns to marry me".  

"Yes ... quite a day".

Edited by Human without the bean

55 minutes ago, Human without the bean said:

I was thinking that the line was only memorable to me but thank goodness someone else knows it.  I love that movie.  Yes, that's it.

I haven’t looked at this thread all week, but I definitely consider that an easy movie quote. One of my favorite movies, too. 

“Oh, Stewadess! I speak jive.”

1 hour ago, Human without the bean said:

Airplane      Wally Cleaver's mother or Barbara Billingsley

"What ain't no country I ever heard of.   They speak English in what?"

Pulp Fiction - Jules played by Sam Jackson (Is attributing the line to a character or actor a rule?)

Edited by Nathan_Jr

2 hours ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Pulp Fiction - Jules played by Sam Jackson (Is attributing the line to a character or actor a rule?)

The rule, established at the beginning of the thread, is identifying the movie.

Some of us like to add the name of the character or the scene, but that's not required, that's just us communicating and having a little fun.  (It's optional, but often appreciated when it's done.) Feel free to name the actor and/or the character.  Just don't forget to name the movie, that was the whole point! :)

45 minutes ago, WordWolf said:

The rule, established at the beginning of the thread, is identifying the movie.

Some of us like to add the name of the character or the scene, but that's not required, that's just us communicating and having a little fun.  (It's optional, but often appreciated when it's done.) Feel free to name the actor and/or the character.  Just don't forget to name the movie, that was the whole point! :)

Thanks

"Your Honor, every one of these letters is addressed to Santa Claus. The Post Office has delivered them. Therefore the Post Office Department, a branch of the Federal Government, recognizes this man Kris Kringle to be the one and only Santa Claus."

"Uh, since the United States Government declares this man to be Santa Claus, this court will not dispute it. Case dismissed!"

Apparently, you haven't watched any blockbuster musicals.  Here are lines from four of its biggest songs:

"Some enchanted evening, you may see a stranger..."

"Bali Ha'i may call you any night, any day; in your heart you'll hear it call you, 'Come away, come away.'"

"I'm gonna wash that man right out of my hair."

"There is nothing like a dame."

George