GreaseSpot Cafe

Easy Movie Quotes

Ok, in THIS case, I think the lyric is sung by a character, in character, as dialogue.

I would NOT support quoting "Near, far, wherever you are I believe that the heart does go on..." as a clue for Titanic because that is not a line of dialogue or a narration.

Human was mistaken because he had the wrong movie. But I do think he raised a point worth implementing as a rule.

Song lyrics are okay as long as they are sung BY a character IN character.

So let it be written. So let it be done.

13 hours ago, Raf said:

Ok, in THIS case, I think the lyric is sung by a character, in character, as dialogue.

I would NOT support quoting "Near, far, wherever you are I believe that the heart does go on..." as a clue for Titanic because that is not a line of dialogue or a narration.

Human was mistaken because he had the wrong movie. But I do think he raised a point worth implementing as a rule.

Song lyrics are okay as long as they are sung BY a character IN character.

So let it be written. So let it be done.

In other words, so long as they're actually lines in the script.  (Character is onscreen and begins singing...)

Next quote.

"Say 'hello' to my little friend!"

There was an episode of "Get Smart" that spoofed King Kong. Some guy was made to think he was a gorilla, and was eating bananas. He had taken Agent 99 to the roof of a building. In the course of Max trying to capture him, the guy slipped on a banana peel and fell off the roof, rescuing 99.  99 thanked Smart for stopping him. "No, 99, it was Beauty that killed the beast." "Oh, Max...." "No, 88, 'Beauty' is the name of these bananas!" 

So, that's how I got to this guess. 

11 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

I'm not sure this is an EASY movie quote...

George

I certainly would have had it from that.  Then again, I've had a drink in the Korova Milk Bar before. (The one in Hell's Kitchen.)    If I started singing "Singing in the Rain", would it get easier?