GreaseSpot Cafe

Easy Movie Quotes

It Happened one Night  (Claudette Colbert using her leg to attract a ride, when Clark Gable's thumb techniques all failed.  I love that scene.  I just didn't remember the quote.))

"How about a magic trick?  I'm gonna make this pencil disappear. Ta-daa! It's... it's gone."

George

8 hours ago, WordWolf said:

No. Are you suggesting he wasn't who he said he was?  Maybe he should call a cop.

;)

Actually, Ferris Buehler was my other guess, but since we had done that one recently I gave Uncle Buck a try.

FYI:  I just attended my high school 50-year reunion.  The high school scenes in Uncle Buck were filmed at that school (New Trier West, Northfield, IL).

George

That's from "Storm Front", first book of the Dresden Files, since Harry Dresden is a wizard (Harry Blackstone Copperfield Dresden, if memory serves.)  However, that hasn't been made into a movie yet, nor have I heard plans to do so.

So, it has to be the movie with the 2 names-

HARRY POTTER AND THE PHILOSOPHER'S STONE

or

HARRY POTTER AND THE SORCERER'S STONE.

13 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

(It's a well-known quote, though it might be hard to identify the movie...

Then why use this line George if it might be hard to identify for this Easy movie quote thread?  Something rings a bell but that's because it sounds a lot like Leonardo DeCaprios line from "Titantic", "I'm on top of the world".  James Cagney maybe?

4 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

For me, it's like, "What we have here is a failure to communicate."  Clint Eastwood

You did mean Paul Newman in "Cool Hand Luke" right?  Cause I don't think Clint every used that line.