GreaseSpot Cafe

Easy Movie Quotes

• 2 weeks later...

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist!

I need to give this one away. I had hoped that someone would recognize this classic movie line.

Kevin Spacey in "The Usual Suspects". Remember it? It's repeated twice. First, as the story progresses, and finally repeated again, when it's used as the last line of the movie. Sort of establishing it.

Keeping on with our hamburger theme:

Hamburger's, the cornerstone of any nutritious breakfast. What kind of hamburger's?

Big Kahuna burger.

Actually I'm scrubbing this for another thread. Let's see???

Oh!!! We gonna need more wax!!!! And clear all my appointments in the afternoon!!

If it wasn't the Quest for Peace, then it HAD to be

SUPERMAN 3.

Indeed. The only Superman film since 1975 without Luthor or Zod as the villain. (What's up with THAT? It's not as if Superman doesn't have a slew of other villains...)

Gus Gorman (Richard Pryor) found that he could get his company's payroll computer to add up all the fractional cents from everyone else's paychecks and give him a weekly "bonus." Apparently, this concept is known as "salami slicing." In the movie "Office Space," characters bring up the idea and mention its use in "Superman 3."

George

PS Looking at IMDb's Trivia for Superman 3, apparently the original idea was to have Brainiac and Mr. Mxyxptlk as the villains, and a tie-in to Supergirl. I'd say that ANYTHING would have been better than the actual film, but then there was "Superman 4." :rolleyes:

I think the CONCEPT of Superman 4 was a good one.

With children afraid of a world destroyed by nuclear war,

why WOULDN'T Superman try to prevent it?

This concept's been revisited in various forms. One was

during "Armageddon 2001", when one possible future showed

the Superman of 2001 (10 years in the future) eliminating all

nuclear weapons and ordering the nations to stand down.

I'd like to move us right along to a Peter Gibbons. Now we had a chance to meet this young man, and boy that's just a straight shooter with upper management written all over him.

Did you get that memo?

Hello Peter. What's happening! I'm going to need you to go ahead and come in tomorrow, so if you could be here around 9:00 that would be great OK.

Ah, ah, I almost forgot... I'm also going to need you to go ahead and come in on Sunday, too. We, uhhh, lost some people this week and we sorta need to play catch-up. Mmmmmkay? Thaaaaaanks.

Edited by Human without the bean

• modcat5 changed the title to Easy Movie Quotes