GreaseSpot Cafe

Easy Movie Quotes

Or just type the words Treasure of the Sierra Madre

First one to do it wins.

P.S.: I looked it up, and in Stripes, Sgt. Hulka says "I'm getting too old for this sh!t." Close, but not exactly the same line as in Lethal Weapon

Edited by Raf

Or just type the words Treasure of the Sierra Madre

Weapon

That actually was my second guess.

P.S.: I looked it up, and in Stripes, Sgt. Hulka says "I'm getting too old for this sh!t." Close, but not exactly the same line as in Lethal Weapon

Well, Excuuuuuse meeeeee! :)

Before I forget: "Treasure of the Sierra Madre"

George

Ok, either of you got it.

==========================

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stinking_badges

"

In the TV show The Monkees episode 33 "A Nice Place To Visit" (1967), Micky Dolenz misquoted the line as "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges".

In Mel Brooks' 1974 Western Blazing Saddles, the line was delivered as "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."

In the 1983 TV series Wizards and Warriors, the character Marko (played by Walter Olkewicz) delivers a spoof of the line as "Badgers? We don't need no stinkin' badgers."

In the 1986 Stephen King novel It, character Richie Tozier repeatedly says in a poor imitation of a Mexican accent, "Batches? We don't need no steeking batches."

Early 1980s rock band The Minutemen's song Badges included the line "We don't need no badges, we don't need no stinkin' badges"

The 1987 Luis Valdez play I Don't Have to Show You No Stinkin' Badges draws its title from this quote, and makes a specific reference to Sierra Madre.

In the 1989 "Weird Al" Yankovic film UHF, when Raul (Trinidad Silva) is asked to take a consignment of badgers, he says "Badgers? We don't need no stinking badgers!"

Julian Cope's semi-eponymous song Julian H Cope from his 1992 album Jehovahkill featured the line "Badges? Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges! So cissified, civilised, I want to be a savage".

In the 2002 Friends Season 8 episode "The One with the Baby Shower", the quote is mentioned as one of Joey's training questions for Bamboozled.

In the 2008 film "Zombie Strippers", when Paco (Joey Medina) is told to obtain some wild animals to dispose of the bodies, he says "Badgers? Badgers? We don't need no stinking badgers"."

Isn't this what the crew of roman slaves were chanting in Ben Hur, when the centurian was down in the hull of the Roman ship while pushing them to exhaustion testing their endurance? Battle speed......................!!!!!!!! Attack speed..................!!!!!!!!!! Ramming speed.....................!!!!!!! Sorry, but I'm trying to be witty in light of having no idea.

Ben Hur

OK. Then, I have a good line, but it's from a movie most people have shunned. Their loss.

You want a war? You want a war? I'll give you a war. I was born for it.

Since this movie was not that popular I'm giving you the name of the actor who said it. Will Patton

You want a war? You want a war? I'll give you a war. I was born for it.

Over on another thread, Raf just posted the answer. Does that count? No! "The Postman" If the postman hadn't been shunned

somebody would have got this!

What do call a thousand lawyers chained together at the bottom of the sea? A good start.

Edited by Human without the bean

Over on another thread, Raf just posted the answer. Does that count? No! "The Postman" If the postman hadn't been shunned

somebody would have got this!

What do you call a thousand lawyers chained together at the bottom of the sea? A good start.

Oops. I for got a word.

Bump

What do call a thousand lawyers chained together at the bottom of the sea? A good start.

I thought this would be picked up a lot faster.

This is a joke Tom Hanks tells Denzel W at the hospital and just after Denzel tells the joke to somebody else in

"Philadelphia". I'm not sure about it being a gem, but I liked it.

FREE POST

I never saw "Philadelphia." The lawyer part was probably a common joke. My favorite variation:

A 747 full of lawyers went down in the Atlantic. The good news is that everybody drowned.

What's the bad news?

There were 10 empty seats.

"Carpe Diem!"

George

"Dead Poets Society."

What do you call it when you have 12 lawyers buried up to their heads

in manure?

Not enough manure.

• modcat5 changed the title to Easy Movie Quotes