GreaseSpot Cafe

Easy Movie Quotes

OK if you say so.

I've used this twice before, but I don't think anyone got it.

Most people know this so, no hints or clues forth coming. [except this one, should make it easy]

What life? I got no life! I'm in the dark here. I'm in the dark.

Edited by Human without the bean

OK if you say so.

I've used this twice before, but I don't think anyone got it.

Most people know this so, no hints or clues forth coming. [except this one, should make it easy]

What life? I got no life! I'm in the dark here. I'm in the dark.

This doesn't make sense to me. For one thing, I've used this line twice before, so, if memory serves right,

at the very least somebody should recognize this.

For another, this is one of the most dynamic movie lines by one of the best actors we have. There's no debate when

it comes to his acting roles. He is one of our finest.

The movie itself may not be the movie he is most recognized for, but it is one that he won the academy award for

which for me makes it very memorable.

I feel there is a dis-connect whenever I use this movie to quote lines from. But whenever I quote Pulp Fiction it feels the same way.

The same goes for A Few Good Men.

I just don't get it. confused.gif

The ONLY reason that line seems familiar to me is BECAUSE you've posted it before.

But I don't recall the movie.

I may have even SEEN the movie.

But this line does not make me remember it.

Sorry.

George

PS: I've never seen "Pulp Fiction," so unless the quote involves "going medieval" on someone, I won't recognize it.

I've seen "A Few Good Men." But the only lines I would immediately recognize would be "You can't handle the truth!" and something about Tom Cruise winning a set of steak knives if he settles another case out of court.

Now that I've seen "Pulp Fiction", I recognize a LOT more lines from it.

As to this other one, no.

We all have movies we THINK should be instantly recognizable to other people, but aren't.

I frequently restrain myself from posting little-known movies which I actually liked.

Not everyone is a big movie maven. Not everyone's seen a lot of movies, and not

a lot of people remember much of the script of those movies. I recognize quite a few

lines from "Blade Runner" despite never having seen the whole thing through.

Most people would recognize maybe 1 quote at best, apparently.

Human,

WW and I don't mean to come down on you. It's just that, just because a movie did well at the box office, not everyone is familiar with all the lines. Don't take it personally if no one gets your clue.

:)/> George

PS If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say the movie is "Scent of a Woman," with Al Pacino making a comment about his blindness. I suspect, though, that I made the same guess when you posted the quote earlier. :lol:

Edited by GeorgeStGeorge

Human,

WW and I don't mean to come down on you. It's just that, just because a movie did well at the box office, not everyone is familiar with all the lines. Don't take it personally if no one gets your clue.

smile.gif/> George

PS If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say the movie is "Scent of a Woman," with Al Pacino making a comment about his blindness. I suspect, though, that I made the same guess when you posted the quote earlier. laugh.gif

I know that George. And I won't take it personally.

Your hazardous guess is correct. It is Scent of a woman. I'm glad you got it. Next time I might go with POOWAH!

Your turn.

No.

This one might be a bit tougher. Here's a longer exchange:

"Mr. Gardner, uh, my editors and I have been wondering if you would consider writing a book for us, something about your um, political philosophy, what do you say?"

"I can't write."

"Heh, heh, of course not, who can nowadays? Listen, I have trouble writing a postcard to my children. Look uhh, we can give you a six figure advance, I'll provide you with the very best ghost-writer, proof-readers..."

"I can't read."

"Of course you can't! No one has the time! We, we glance at things, we watch television..."

"I like to watch TV."

"Oh, oh, oh sure you do. No one reads!"

George

"Being There" with Peter Sellers.

For the first line I gave, Shirley MacLaine ("Eve") is trying to find out what turns Sellers ("Chance the gardener") on. Referring to TV, he says, "I like to watch, Eve" She mistakenly thinks he wants to watch her pleasure herself. He does, periodically, turn his attention from the TV to her, so she never catches on.

In the second exchange, a publisher, also fooled into believing that "Chance Gardner" was brilliant, tries to convince him to write a book on politics.

FREE POST

George

Edited by GeorgeStGeorge

"The Wizard of Oz"

"Look, Dave, I can see you're really upset about this. I honestly think you ought to sit down calmly, take a stress pill, and think things over."

Edited by Human without the bean

I know what you're thinking, punk. You're thinking "did he fire six shots or only five?" Now to tell you the truth I forgot myself in all this excitement. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and will blow you head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself a question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

George

• modcat5 changed the title to Easy Movie Quotes