GreaseSpot Cafe

Easy Movie Quotes

Now, one of the "stalkers" was Dynamo, played by Erland Van Lidth.

I frequently forget his name, but George does not, because he

KNEW the late Erland Van Lidth. Apparently, the man could also

sing opera- and did so in this role, more than once.

Erland was a student at MIT a year ahead of me. As a wrestler, he was good friends with one of my fraternity brothers. He also had a wonderful singing voice. In "Stir Crazy," someone else dubbed the singing; but I believe he did his own singing in "Running Man."

As a large man, he died of congestive heart failure. Far too young. :(

George

" "Remember, remember, the fifth of November. The gunpowder treason and plot. I know of no reason why the gunpowder treason should ever be forgot". But what of the man? I know his name was Guy Fawkes, and I know that, in 1605, he attempted to blow up the houses of Parliament. But who was he really? What was he like? We are told to remember the idea, not the man, because a man can fail. He can be caught. He can be killed and forgotten. But four hundred years later an idea can still change the world. I've witnessed firsthand the power of ideas. I've seen people kill in the name of them; and die defending them. But you cannot kiss an idea, cannot touch it or hold it. Ideas do not bleed, it cannot feel pain, and it does not love. And it is not an idea that I miss, it is a man. A man who made me remember the fifth of November. A man I will never forget."

"The numbers all go to eleven. Look, right across the board, eleven, eleven, eleven and..."

"Oh, I see. And most amps go up to ten?"

"Exactly."

"Does that mean it's louder? Is it any louder?"

"Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?"

"I don't know."

"Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?"

"Put it up to eleven."

"Eleven. Exactly. One louder."

"Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?"

"...These go to eleven."

There was also a similar line in "Spartacus."

"Crying??? There's no crying in baseball!"

George

In Spartacus, huh? You don't say. Yours

"I'm here to help in anyway I can. You believe that don't you Danny, that I'm here to help you in any way I can. You see Danny I can deal with the bullets, and the bombs, and the blood. I don't want money, and I don't want medals. What I do want is for you to stand their in that girly white uniform and with our Harvard mouth extend me some f*rking courtesy. You have to ask me nicely".

In Spartacus, huh? You don't say. Yours

"I'm here to help in anyway I can. You believe that don't you Danny, that I'm here to help you in any way I can. You see Danny I can deal with the bullets, and the bombs, and the blood. I don't want money, and I don't want medals. What I do want is for you to stand their in that girly white uniform and with our Harvard mouth extend me some f*rking courtesy. You have to ask me nicely".

You didn't give the answer to my clue.

George

In Spartacus, huh? You don't say. [ I thought it was there> Yours is A League Of Their Own. But I guess it disappeared for some reason.

Is this "Scent of a Woman?"

And was the phrase "OUR Harvard mouth" meant to be "YOUR Harvard mouth"? It looks like a simple typo.

If not, it changes the quote a LOT.

No and yes. Your right it changes things. I didn't notice that however. Thanks WW.

Is this "Scent of a Woman?"

And was the phrase "OUR Harvard mouth" meant to be "YOUR Harvard mouth"? It looks like a simple typo.

If not, it changes the quote a LOT.

No and yes. Your right it changes things. I didn't notice that however. Thanks WW.

Apparently it's not that easy of one as I thought it was going to be. So let me drop this clue that should narrow things down. This line from the movie in question was one given by one of it's lead actors. One was nominated for best actor even though he wasn't in the movie for more than 20 minutes total. The other lead actor is the one with the Harvard mouth and had a best supporting node. Both lost my the way. I hope that this helps.

Apparently it's not that easy of one as I thought it was going to be. So let me drop this clue that should narrow things down. This line from the movie in question was one given by one of it's lead actors. One was nominated for best actor even though he wasn't in the movie for more than 20 minutes total. The other lead actor is the one with the Harvard mouth and had a best supporting node. Both lost my the way. I hope that this helps.

For the life of me I can't figure out how to post up videos full screen anymore. I've tried all the ways and I'm even using a newer computer. Anyway, Jack Nicholson is the actor using that line.

A Few Good Men guys. I mean come one. ( I know, nobody here's seen it?)

A Few Good Men guys. I mean come one. ( I know, nobody here's seen it?)

Sure, I've seen it. But like a lot of movies I've seen, I only remember one or two quotes. For this one, it's "You can't handle the truth." And if you gave a line about getting a set of steak knives for settling one more case out of court, I would have gotten that.

There are other movies I could probably quote verbatim. So, while "Stop that! Stop that! No singin'!" would be enough for me to get "Monty Python and the Holy Grail," not everyone who's seen that movie would remember that line. (Though "What is your name? And what is your quest? And what is your favorite color?" would probably click for just about everyone.)

With this thread, it's almost best NOT to pick one of your favorite movies, because you'll remember a lot of lines that others won't.

George

• modcat5 changed the title to Easy Movie Quotes