GreaseSpot Cafe

You May Be a TWI Tool If...

JeffSjo

I heard about the statue and saw a few pictures of trustees in people's homes. I felt like those displays bordered on idolatry, particularly since pictures of Jesus were considered idolatry.

Nice contrast, wasn't it?

The little ugly statues in people's homes were scale models of the BIG ugly statue of vpw they had made.

No, I never saw it, but the advertisements mentioned it.

I heard about the statue and saw a few pictures of trustees in people's homes. I felt like those displays bordered on idolatry, particularly since pictures of Jesus were considered idolatry.

Imagine being a kid and explaining that one to your new friend? Or their parents? "Hi, here's a statue of our dead minister. We're prevailing in God's Prevailing Word in God's Prevailing Ministry."

<Cue the creepy Friday the 13th music>

JT

Nice contrast, wasn't it?

The little ugly statues in people's homes were scale models of the BIG ugly statue of vpw they had made.

No, I never saw it, but the advertisements mentioned it.

They made a full size one too?!! Where is it?

JT

Imagine being a kid and explaining that one to your new friend? Or their parents? "Hi, here's a statue of our dead minister. We're prevailing in God's Prevailing Word in God's Prevailing Ministry."

<Cue the creepy Friday the 13th music>

JT

They made a full size one too?!! Where is it?

JT

It is in the upstairs library in the auditorium. Once you're upstairs, go to the far right.

Okay so we left way before that... and apparently still not soon enough=...

they were just starting the Gay witch hunts when we left. and VP was still in Charge only Martindale had been named as successor. Nobody was touting posters yet but I can see it was only a mater of time.

:wacko:

I can not believe they made a statue. After all that teaching about Idolatry.

Even in PFAL...

Sheesh.

Edited by leafytwiglet

• 2 weeks later...

Statue of Wierwille and icons, eh photos of trustees. I was going to say how "catholic" but didn't want to hurt Mark O'Malley's feelings.

You may be a TWI tool if....

You don't even realize that your attitude of superiority has you insulting good folks left and right, while you think you love people...really.

• Upvote 1

It is in the upstairs library in the auditorium. Once you're upstairs, go to the far right.

They moved it upstairs???

It used to sit by those big wooden doors.

The stupid thing presided over my wife and I's wedding. We considered asking to have it moved for the wedding, but decided it would be to much of a stink. I can only wonder what all the relatives were thinking.

I know Mrs. B and I want to be re-married someday because of where we were originally married. Stupid friggin' statue.