GreaseSpot Cafe

How do you see heaven?

year2027

God first

What will be will be?

07-23-2009

As I asked this question that has been asked over and over by mankind of flesh and bone, what is spirit like because in my mind it not clear? As I evolve what will be next because its not flesh because I done that but what next?

Most people think they be flesh but have they forgot the words of Christ no flesh shall inherit spiritual matters because they are spiritual or made in the form of God. They cannot have any flesh like parts of them while some say we will evolve to pure energy but that cannot be flesh.

My mind is not big enough to come with an element, that not known to mankind more like non-element make of nothing know to men kind. I see the colors purple, green, black, white, and clear in my visions of what spirit is to me but they all is my God trying to give a small look into the spiritual world.

As I think on the pictures that people have draw in their minds about heaven it make me see how far we have come because I know everything not made of gold. I also know it will greater than my mind can picture but take a little time and think this some today?

I do love you my friend with unknown kind because I shall be pure love one day my friends thank you with love Roy.

Roy, I always so enjoy your great heart and your thinking.

I, too, think of what heaven is like, what will it be like, is it like the pictures say, which puzzles me too.

For me, my children are such opposites in age (27 and 14) and my grand daughter is only 4 and just beginning to ask a few 'who is God' questions, the answers vary as much, it seems, as the people asking them; not a bad gig for me, really. I do tend to apply most of life's questions as applicable to mothering.

I don't know, though.

For my youngest, she wants to know if Daddy is, really, in heaven, watching her. That kinda creeps me out a little, but she finds comfort in it. My oldest is still mad at God and her Daddy, so she wonders if that will keep her from heaven. The 4 year old just think Jesus looks like a nice man and hopes that Grandpa North and her recently dead fish are having a good time there.

I don't know, though.

I may be like you in that I question and find myself wanting in my knowledge of so many things that we're told are supposed to be wonderful and heaven is certainly presented to us that way isn't it?

A friend of mine died two days ago and her husband said to me "she's in a better place, in heaven now, isn't she?" I answered in the affirmative because it gave him comfort. I find that to be the standard response 'in a better place' but it works !

I don't know that it's not the truth, either.

Maybe, just maybe, if it provides us or another comfort, then regardless, it's the right thing to believe. I sure liked lying on my back in the grass, as a child, thinking it'd be really cool to be sitting on those amazing clouds up there.

Edited by Shellon

God first

hi Shellon

the fish think blesses me to think children love that big to want they fish in heaven

I sure God will take her fish

yes we been taught so must error it hard know the right thing to speak

when anything is fine just like you did

from what I read

it not lying to give some one comfort

love Roy

you sure know how to ask em, dear brother Roy

a simple picture of heaven that makes sense to me...helps me relax

...spaciousness

as if, when our bodies fail...our sense of self begins to return to heaven...our original home...our original nature...which is "space"

or perhaps even "the space that space is in"

in other words...when our bodies fail...our ego dissolves...and awareness of our "original self" (as space) expands rapidly outwardly towards the ends of the universe

as if the human experience is such a potent knot of energy and light...that when it is released from its prison...that illumination explodes

this begins a very very very long and amazing journey of re-discovery...one we can make once we are free from the limits of our human animal self and senses

the underlying patterns of things become clearer than ever

..as we simply expand

which is why practicing seeing (experiencing/tasting/touching) this spacious heaven before our bodies die

is a common suggestion/gift of ancient wisdom...of rabbis, saints and sages

"to die before you die" is not a morbid nihilism...but a call to start kicking at the walls of the egg

and no, not just for one's self...but for all

because human suffering ("hell") is a result of not knowing the depths of this radical grace we are already sleeping and dreaming in

and our ego, not knowing heaven... naturally fears death and dying ...and generates a multitude of reactions...many of them violent and destructive toward one another

egos generate myths about who is going to heaven...and who is not

which justifies more war, prejudice, and a general lack of compassion for our universal condition

in this middle place

the "great cloud of witnesses"...are those who are already "home"...all of them

no, not disembodied egos fumbling and stumbling through life as they did when in their bodies

...but the trails of pure memory and awakened light

radiating outward into infinity since the moment of their final trump

...lingering in (and as) the memory and light that lives both within and outside of us

...no longer separate entities...but a vast ocean of "life after life"

of course...like Shell said so well...I don't know though

it only seems to seem to seem

Edited by sirguessalot

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm6BlvCgG0I&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm6BlvCgG0I&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm6BlvCgG0I&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

How can we know when we are bound so tight into this physical body and world? At best we can glimpse the next world, perhaps there are some, mystics or saints, who understand more than average people.

I think those things that are important in this world are important in the next--loved ones, family, community, peace, love, understanding...

Hello, Roy, my brother. I sure am glad we have folks like you. You make up for the daydreamers like me. This is how I have heaven figgered out for the short time we will be there. I am an eternity in paradise believer.

O. k. we go up there for the hallelujah hip hop in the big sky. We see our Lord face to face and know even as we are known. I imagine myself wrapping my arms around Him looking deeply into His eyes and saying, "It's about daggum time. What took you so long?" We laugh together and He says, "Daggum it, Kimberly, I knew you were going to say that." We explode in a roar of laughter. I mean after all He knows me so well. We dance and I hold Him as firmly as He has held me all my life. I tell Him, thank you, my Lord, thank you, thank you.

Then some years later, we, the members of His Body, stand back and watch Him open up a can of whoop foot. So shall we ever be with the Lord. I can live with that.

That is just the way I think of that stuff.

this quote from T.S. Eliot that reminds me of all this...

"We shall not cease from exploration

And the end of all our exploring

Will be to arrive where we started

And know the place for the first time."

wowser..

maybe this existence is a cosmic five second "time out"..

:biglaugh:

sheesh..we came from perfection.. and in any fundamental belief, this is true..

I watched my cat play with a small blue toy mouse today.. she would toss it, hide it.. and pretend to discover it anew in play..

maybe we are the same..

My mind is not big enough to come with an element, that not known to mankind more like non-element make of nothing know to men kind. I see the colors purple, green, black, white, and clear in my visions of what spirit is to me but they all is my God trying to give a small look into the spiritual world.

Interesting that you should use colors as an analogy. As a stained glass guy I look through colored glass all the time. To me colors do have a spiritual energy to them..To gether they can form some sort of transformative mysticism at times that are only symbolic of 'something' that cannot be seen behind them but it can occasionally be sensed...

In a literal sense some of it you can see through a bit , some of it you cant at all-- All of it filters and obscures the reality on the other side of the glass, sometimes all you can see is an elusive glimpse or a shadow of what may be happening on the outside.

I suppose someone could write a huge long poetic description of 'heaven'. I sure can't.

I think the best and most accurate description for me is 'I dont know' and 'We see through a glass darkly' is about as close as I ever expect to get on this side

Whoever said that said a mouthful

Isn't it cool that nobody really knows what heaven is like? God has certain things that he keeps as surprises for us. That's as it should be. We just get to keep guessing until we see the real thing! Sorta like little kids on Christmas Eve. Fun, huh?