GreaseSpot Cafe

Revelation

Tzaia

Did VPW or LCM or ANYONE (for that matter) ever actually have a "revelation" that came to pass?

When you say "came to pass" you are limiting the scope of revelation to predicting the future. (prophesy).

But, I digress.

So, I would say "yes".

VPW predicted that Craig would lead "the ministry" in a new direction.

And so he did.

HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa!!

• Upvote 1

Wierwille had this really slick way of predicting events AFTER they happened by claiming that "the father" had told him about it BEFORE it happened...and of course, he had to keep it quiet. These stories, oftentimes, were retold by glassy eyed followers who would claim that Wierwille foretold something...

and by the way, he made a lot of money doing this.

• Upvote 2

I heard a lot about how us lowly people ruined revelation by not believing, so it couldn't come to pass because of our screw-ups. imagine that, all that power we had to wreck God's plans.

• Upvote 1

I heard a lot about how us lowly people ruined revelation by not believing, so it couldn't come to pass because of our screw-ups. imagine that, all that power we had to wreck God's plans.

I was unaware that revelation was an act of believing.

• Upvote 1

Did VPW or LCM or ANYONE (for that matter) ever actually have a "revelation" that came to pass?

suurrre. Lotsa things..

even as we speak, the Pope in full dress is parked out of Boston Harbor, conversing with his staff and making terms with the locals to pull off a new inquisition..

:biglaugh:

• Upvote 1

I was unaware that revelation was an act of believing.

Taz, Taz, Taz

I'm afraid we may have to take away your gold star from the AC.

Actually, you are correct, though. (At least within the context of TWI definitions.)

pg. 26

The "Manifestation of Believing" is your operation of the God-given ability whereby you may "believe" to bring to pass the impossible at your command according to what God has revealed to you by Word of Knowledge, Word of Wisdom and Discerning of Spirits. It also inspires "believing" in others.

(quotation marks added for emphasis)

Pg 10

Keys To Walking By The Spirit

9. It may be essential to put "unbelievers" out of the room.

Hand written notation

(Their "unbelieving" interferes with your ability to operate the "manifestation of believing".) :wacko:

Edited by waysider
  • Upvote 1

Pg 10

Keys To Walking By The Spirit

9. It may be essential to put "unbelievers" out of the room.

Jiminy.. you both didn't get it right. Sometimes, you have to put "unbelievers" outside of the region, if not the whole stinking country..

diabolical threats to "community believing" and all you know..

• Upvote 1

Jiminy.. you both didn't get it right. Sometimes, you have to put "unbelievers" outside of the region, if not the whole stinking country..

diabolical threats to "community believing" and all you know..

Yeah, I almost forgot about some of the FLO who were "ordered" to get out of the entire state within 24 hours.

(Draggin' down the greatness of the work going on at Mt. Knockwurst, dontcha know.)

• Upvote 1

Some of these things make me laugh so hard, my glasses slide down my nose on the tears....and I can't get them to stay put!!!

But on another note.....just in case somebody really wants to know - - - there were many many times that people received and followed directions (even as the great drunken pimp laid them out) and it did come to pass......or somebody was healed.....or somebody stayed out of trouble. Any one of us who was ever serious about godly things knows this, because we tried it and got results. Maybe - not all the time....but that wasn't God's fault...He's the same yesterday, today and forever. We jumped the gun or some other thing. I'll even bet the grand drunken poo-bah and/or his "disciple" even had a hit or 2.

Okay, back to your regularly scheduled thread of hilarity, it's good idea to separate truth from fiction from time to time.

• Upvote 1

Great question!

If anyone can show one of supposed revalations of Wierwille's to actually convincingly prove God's predestination and the show the inevitability of God's councel I'd be surprised.

Right now for me it seems that the ones that I recall Wierwille sharing only seem cleverly designed to keeping us smoking the Waybong.

• Upvote 1

When I was in rez LCM said that country music was dead and that the center was going to shift from Nashville to Austin. That was crucial information for moving the Word Over the World. It also never came to pass. That's the only "foretelling" type of thing I can recall him saying.

Now that I think of it, Wierwille was good at talking about things that had already happened and saying he foresaw it. He was pretty slick about it. I would think at the time that maybe I just missed the meeting where he claimed to have said it. I mean, there were over 100,000 people. How was one to check up on that?