GreaseSpot Cafe

Smilies

Kit Sober

We have the usual available by the icon_smile.gif:)--> at the Message line:

icon_smile.gif:)--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_redface.gif:o--> icon_razz.gif:P--> icon_eek.gificon_confused.gif:confused:--> icon_mad.gificon_cool.gificon_wink.gif;)--> icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

(The reference is found by right click on the image, so don't worry about putting the reference.).

And Greasespot Cafe has some, for example:

anim-smile-blue.gifanim-smile.gif

I got this from a friend: angelkit.gif

And pi_cry.gif from Waydale days.

And my brother sent me these today from smiley central: smiley101.gifsmiley956.gifsmiley209.gif

And from time to time others post some really great ones, and I thought maybe we could have a place to post them in one place.

Kit

[This message was edited by Kit Sober on November 23, 2003 at 14:23.]

• 1 month later...

Cool Waters --- In answer to your question, I have a re-furbished iMac, G-3. Am new to puters, everything I know is learned from trial and error, thus my "fumbling" when it comes time to use things like these here smiley icons. I do well enough in chat rooms, but boards, and forums like these are a new experience.

dmiller

If you want to use a smiley in a post, it's really easy, there are 2 ways to do it:

One of them is a colon : and then a right parenthesis ) put them together and it comes up icon_smile.gif:)-->

A wink is a semicolon and a right paren - icon_wink.gif;)-->

Another way to do it is to use the icons just above the area you type in - click on the little smiley face icon, and you see a whole bunch of them that you can use - here are a couple:

icon_mad.gificon_eek.gifanim-smile-blue.gifanim-smile.gificon_confused.gif:confused:--> icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Cool Waters ----- TY for your response!! Am still unsure how to access all these "commodities", but so what ! It will all come together sooner or later. I like it that I can at least type out a message to all of you-uns, whether or not, I can add the "frills". As of now, they are unimportant.

I like the different emoticons also---Coolwaters, the soapbox one and the drinking buddies one was hilarious!!!

Now, if I see an emoticon in someone's post and wanted to use it, first of all, does it violate "netiquette" to use it, and secondly, how would I use it to post in my message? (I'm not talking about the ones that are in the reply box, but the "new" ones)

Ad Astre Alia Porci "to the stars on the wings of a pig"

TY Psalmie. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Most emoticons are gathered from the 'net via freebie collections...and nobody really knows who owns what or what originated where. So "netiquette" here is pretty much if it's there, it's open to use unless otherwise stated.

To grab an image from these pages:

• hover your cursor over the image:icon_eek.gif

[This message was edited by CoolWaters on January 06, 2004 at 20:41.]