GreaseSpot Cafe

Anniv weekend

penguin

heh, I didn't even remember it was the anniversary. I am indeed quite grateful that I did not have to waste any of this wonderful weekend at a boring "service".

heh, I didn't even remember it was the anniversary. I am indeed quite grateful that I did not have to waste any of this wonderful weekend at a boring "service".

I hadn't thought about it until I saw someone else mentioning it..... I completely forgot my WC graduation this year too...

no! The anniversary is always the first weekend in October to celebrate the beginning of the ministry. I think it was the first presentation of music at the Chimes hour on some radio station. It was Oct 4, 1942. I'm a little shaky on details, perhaps somebody can add some additional facts.

It usually meant getting all dressed up to go a "phone hook-up" in the middle of an otherwise gorgeous October day.

That meant about three hours in somebody's living room standing up and sitting down while listening to tinny sound quality with an annoying buzz for at least two hours. Talk about brainwashed.

Sure is nice to be out, indeed.

It usually meant getting all dressed up to go a "phone hook-up" in the middle of an otherwise gorgeous October day.

That meant about three hours in somebody's living room standing up and sitting down while listening to tinny sound quality with an annoying buzz for at least two hours. Talk about brainwashed.

Wouldn't you just love to see a video of that now?

:doh:

• Upvote 1

Only if it's shill witnessing at the mall.

We can herald forth the amazin' and stuporpendous theme of God's prevailing ministry as revealed to his awesomely marvahlous leaders chosen to lead God's people who are now in the Blessed Land of the Prevailing Word of Truth which can only be understood by paying 100 smackers to the local... ahhh, you get the idea.

My pick for this years theme?

God's Prevailing Stuff: Read 'em again, people!

2nd choice:

God's Decidedly Devious Decade: Living to Provide My Means

JT