GreaseSpot Cafe

Ministering

waysider

The law of believing teachings do nothing more than bind people in a cycle of will worship that results in deep seated self condemnation. I know because I am still dealing with the effects.

There's no place like TWI HQ to get your @$$ kicked and to be made to feel like you are spiritually effed up. It comes with the territory. I remember feeling paranoid. I couldn't live on a need bases, so I was in credit card debt. That fear alone terrified me. I didn't dare go back and tell them I couldn't live on what they called my need. They already had a meeting with me to tell me I didn't "need" what I asked for.

I lived a lot of lies at TWI HQ. It is supposed to be a place of peace, tranquility, and lathered with God's love. At least that's what I thought when I moved there.

I was there 5 years. When I told my Cabinet leader I was leaving, he said "I'll be sure to let your desire to be known at Placements, but be prepared to stay." I was in shock. I wasn't Way Corps. I went back to him and told him "I'm not Way Corps, and I served the maximum time I committed. I am going out on the field." He didn't talk to me much the rest of the year. That was in February, and I didn't leave until August.

Trust me I am not here to pick a fight on the law of believing, just reporting the facts.

I have been in the Way many years and never saw anything but LCM and the terror he spit out.

Now it is the Chinese new decade of the Fox, and it still sucks.

I was around during Waydale and the birth of the Café. That being said, I have held opinions

According to the way and opinions of the real world since my mind left Wayland.

When I first got involved, I was taught the law of believing but it seems to have evolved. I was in a meeting this summer and the region cord stated we are where we are right now, because of our believing. The context was a faithful follower of the Way was in a car accident coming home from a class. It was her fault, her believing; she was shunned and felt less then the best.

It went further that if her believing was big enough, she should have believed for a better newer car with airbags to protect her. The quote,

“”””””””” You are where you are right now because of your believing, that includes fiancés, your home, your car, your job, your physical health and your spiritual growth. If you have lack in any of these areas it is your believing. If you are not where you want to be spiritually or have lack in any area especially health it is you’re believing. God created the devil and knows all his tricks; do you think God can’t help you? Do you think that God wants to show you what it takes to over come the adv? Well he can and wants to but if you have lack, you’re believing sucks. You need to get your believing up and abs more so God can help you. God wants to help don’t blame him or the ministry”””””

Well I grew up poor and lived in a home with a dirt floor for a few years. Never had the grades or money to go past high school. I have worked hard and am proud of my middle class home and decent job. I will never be rich money wise but I have provided a nice home for my family. Yes, I want more but come on if I was believing for the big home or nice new 70k BMW where would my spiritual goals be. Thank God the wife and kids never have had any health issues but hey, bad hearts and cancer runs in the family.

My point is .... happens, life sucks some times, it says in the bible you won’t be tempted more then you are able to stand.

This same @-hole blasted me because I was sick one time with the flu, while his wife was needing surgery and he had medical issues. However, he was so spiritual, it was an attack on him because he was standing in the gap..

.... happens, life sucks some times and you are not promised life being a sweet bowl of cherries and no worries. The Way Int is a cult and blames you so there little house of cards will not fall.

Copenhagen :evildenk:

Has anything ever been the fault of TWI and its teachings?

If you're a low-ranker, it's your fault if something bad happens.

If you're higher ranking, bad stuff happens because you are "standing in the gap."

As far as I know, standing in gaps causes drafts round the neck, which may make the neck stiff.

And you don't get much stiffer-necked than TWI.

Guess they do a lot of standing in gaps.

:asdf:

“”””””””” You are where you are right now because of your believing, that includes fiancés, your home, your car, your job, your physical health and your spiritual growth. If you have lack in any of these areas it is your believing. If you are not where you want to be spiritually or have lack in any area especially health it is you’re believing. God created the devil and knows all his tricks; do you think God can’t help you? Do you think that God wants to show you what it takes to over come the adv? Well he can and wants to but if you have lack, you’re believing sucks. You need to get your believing up and abs more so God can help you. God wants to help don’t blame him or the ministry”””””

Doesn't this so-called "teaching" by this false minister make you want to go up to him and say, "So if, as a result of your teaching, I stick my foot so far up your @$$ that you $h1t shoelaces for a month, is that your believing or mine?"

How about this one from the AC:

"When "ministering", never lay your hands on someone unless God tells you to. If the person has a devil spirit, it could jump out and smack you right between the eyes."

So, now, let me get this straight. If a devil spirit wants to smack you between the eyes, it has to wait for you to make physical contact with its host? Seems like a spirit ought to be able to go wherever it felt like. You know, pass through brick walls and stuff. Hey! Casper The Ghost could do it! I know 'cause I saw it myself in those old cartoons.

Edited by waysider

Has anything ever been the fault of TWI and its teachings?

If you're a low-ranker, it's your fault if something bad happens.

If you're higher ranking, bad stuff happens because you are "standing in the gap."

As far as I know, standing in gaps causes drafts round the neck, which may make the neck stiff.

And you don't get much stiffer-necked than TWI.

Guess they do a lot of standing in gaps.

:asdf:

It really doesn't matter what position someone has in the Way Tree hierarchy - all of TWI's teachings have the highest rank on the PU scale! :CUSSING:

Well I had two healing incidents... not sure you want to hear them they are not big stuf

and neither of us was an advanced class grad..

so

the first one was a friend prayed for me... I had this HUGE cankor sore in my mouth... and I do mean huge it must have been almost the size of a dime, at the back of my mouth.. and it was incredibly painful and I was at a limb meeting and could not stand it any more I showed it to her and asked if she would please pray for me even if just to get the pain to stop.. so we stood in the hallway alone held hands she prayed for me and 30 minutes later I had no more pain and by about an hour later it was mostly healed. No more open wound no more pain.

was it a coincidence and it was just going to heal itself.. I don't think so. I had had it for over a week and it just kept getting bigger.

Do I have proof no.. and not for the next story either.

this time one of the little boys in the children's fellowship I ran was getting sick probably just the flu

the mom asked me to pray for him so we sat down she and I with her toddler and we prayed for him and the fever went away.. HE didn't get all sick... Was it a healing I don't know

but I believe in both instances God healed me and the little boy. I didn't heal him and my friend didn't heal me

God did... we just sat together and prayed together.

Two like minded christians each time.

and it was back in 1982...

I do not know what the answer is

I know what I saw in my life.

but I find it interesting that TWI taught that we were doing the healing... Glad now I never took the advanced class so I didn't have to undo those lies.

It is hard enough shaking off the other stuff they taught me.