GreaseSpot Cafe

Jal's most recent email (12/27/2009)

December 27, 2009

Dear STF Brethren,

God bless you abundantly as you stand for our Lord Jesus in this darkening world. I love you and thank God for you.

This is a follow-up to my letter and enclosures of October 21, which I hope you received and read. If you did not receive it, and would like to, just let me know. In light of the many responses I’ve received, and what happened at the November 14-15 meeting held by the STF Board, and their shocking whitewash of that in their December 15 “report” on that meeting, I want to communicate with you once again and let you know of my plan to move on and start a new ministry. Once again, as you read this letter, I ask you to consider your personal relationship with me and the fruit of how I have interacted with you since we have known one another. If I have a positive “track record” with you, I ask that you not discard that in the face of vague allegations against me.

First, I was humbled by the kind words of so many brethren as to what my life and ministry has meant to them through the years. I know it has been because of the grace and mercy of God. Among the many responses I received to my 10/21 letter, here are some representative comments people made as to their perspective of STF in the past few years: “I knew something was wrong.” “The teachings are bland; they don’t move me like they used to.” “The love is gone.” “It is lifeless.” “It has become sterile and antiseptic.” “It is more like a business than a ministry.” “It is no longer people-oriented.” “You and John S. made a great team, and things are not the same now.” Having been shut out of the loop for so long, I was surprised by how many folks felt that way, and I simply want to provide an alternative source of biblical truth that is presented with love, grace, mercy, honesty, and transparency. A little humor wouldn’t hurt either—seriously.

Nearly 23 years ago, back in The Way International, I stepped forward and adhered to the biblical admonition to “Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather to expose them” (Eph. 5:11). What has happened since I sent my 10/21/09 letter is (much like what happened in 1987): (a) some people believed that what I said was true, especially after hearing the STF Board’s vapid and evasive responses to it; (b) some believed the Board’s rhetoric about me without asking me if what they said was true, and © some have yet made no decision one way or the other. Those three responses are pretty much what Acts 17:32 and 33 shows will happen when truth is set forth.

Nearly 23 years ago, quite a few people now on the STF mailing list were then TWI followers in category (b), but what happened over time (my actions and the actions of the TWI Board) proved to them that my assertions about that Board were true, and that my heart was in the right place. I believe the same thing will happen in this situation. I am moving on, but I am very concerned about those who may choose to be part of something I believe is being led by people like those cited in Romans 16:17 and 18, and in that vein, this letter is to try once more to help you see this situation as it really is. After this, all my effort will go toward the new organization that I and other brethren are starting.

I know how painful this must be for you, and I want you to know that I will continue to love you and make my life and teaching ministry available to you whether or not you support either STF or me. As far as I’m concerned, my relationship with you is not contingent upon whether you take my side. I am more concerned about your relationship with the Lord Jesus, and that you stand on “the side of truth,” for your own sake.

If you are now in category (b) or ©, I ask you simply to consider the undeniable dishonesty on the part of John, Dan, Gary, and Karen in how they have dealt not only with Elizabeth and me, but with you and everyone else who pays their salaries. For the sake of brevity, the following list is not all that could be cited:

* They have yet to disclose the truth about what happened with the Graesers, or how they were just as deceived by them about Elizabeth as I was.

* They have yet to admit their obvious lack of spiritual awareness and their gross negligence in ever giving Elizabeth and me the so-called “prophecies” in the first place, yet every person (honestly) who read them and commented to me about them was appalled by them.

* They have told people that in my 12/08 letter I demanded to be the STF president, which I did not.

* The “timeline” they sent out in 8/09 was blatantly dishonest, as they left out whole years at a time, and put forth half-truths and untruths elsewhere.

* They did not tell anyone that they revoked my ordination in 2006 for “falling in love too quickly” with someone who I never even kissed.

* They continue to bring up my sin from the ‘80s and ‘90s even though in 5/08 they officially listed me in the Emergency Elder Group and said that I “meet or exceed the requirements in Timothy and Titus.”

* They never told me, or the STF base, that I was on that list.

* For eight months they did not tell anyone that they fired me in January, 2009, and to this day have not cited one biblical sin I have committed since 2000 that disqualifies me from ministering to God’s people. Rather, they hide behind vague terms like “character flaws.”

* When they finally did say something because of how much support they were losing, their 9/25/09 letter did not say they had fired me in January, but rather that I had left STF in August, clearly implying that I did so voluntarily.

* John Schoenheit’s 10/25 letter said that I had asked people to stop giving to STF, which I did not. I suggested that people consider “voting with their wallets” to show the Board their disapproval with how they have led STF.

* They invited people to a November meeting where they would present their allegations against me, but did not allow me to be present to answer for myself.

* In their 9/25 letter announcing that meeting, they cited my situation as one of the key issues to be discussed, and later promised to let all supporters know what happened at the meeting, but their report of 12/15 says absolutely nothing about the emotionally charged discussion about me that consumed most all of that Saturday afternoon.

If you were one of the 90 or so who attended the November meeting in Indianapolis, even if you had not taken into consideration the above list, the very fact that I was not invited should have, by itself, been enough to tell you that whatever you would hear at the meeting would be just as dishonest as that. And it was. If you were there, and experienced the furor centering on me for most all of that Saturday afternoon, with the steady stream of people at the microphone asking hard questions about my situation, I can’t imagine what you thought when you read the two pitifully vague and dishonest paragraphs supposedly summing up what took place. And they still say that I left STF rather than that they fired me, which of course they did. Once again they did not come close to telling the truth, and, in keeping with their pattern of refusing to put in writing the critical issues, their report said, yet once again, to “call them” if you had any questions. That way they are not so accountable as if they put it in writing. You may have some of the same questions that people asked at the meeting, but their report said nothing about what those were.

What does it say about them that they had the meeting without me there to respond to their allegations? How could that possibly be an “open and honest” meeting? One person called it “a trial without the defendant present to answer for himself.” That is biblically unconscionable, and by itself shows the posture of their hearts. I was told that when people asked why they did not invite me, they said it would have gotten too raucous had I been there. How weak, and how typically disingenuous.

I have heard many details from a number of people who were there, and clearly the Board did all they could to diminish my contribution to CES and to discredit me in order to justify their groundless assertion that I am not qualified to lead. What they said about me flowed from their ego-driven agenda against me and was slanted, out-of-context, incomplete, and deceitful. Furthermore, they put the focus on me and failed to address some very key things that would have exposed their rampant hypocrisy.

I heard that many people did ask some of the right questions, but they didn’t know how to follow up to refute the Board’s dishonest responses. No wonder they did not invite me, for I would have pointed out exactly how they were being untruthful. If you attended the meeting, and did not afterward call me to ask if what you heard about me was true, is that how you would want me to treat you?

I’m very sorry that those who went had to endure such a painful experience of seeing people they love pitted against one another. It made me very sad to think that on that Saturday, the 38th anniversary of my ordination, while I was enthusiastically teaching the Word in Washington, D.C. to God’s precious people, my longtime friend and fellow laborer John Schoenheit was dishonestly degrading me.

One of the most shocking things I heard was that the Board shared its “regret” for the way CES was founded, supposedly via the mass mailing I and others did that exposed the transgressions of The Way’s leadership and their misuse of the Word to further their own ends. In nearly twenty-three years of working with John S., et al, I have never once heard anyone mention such “regret.” First of all, that is not how CES was founded, as our letter about The Way went out in February, 1987 and CES was founded in September, 1988. Be that as it may, aren’t you glad I told the truth about TWI so you could make an informed decision about staying or leaving? Could it be that their “regret” at the November meeting was all about making me look bad in regard to my October mailing to you that exposed them?

I was told that the Board never addressed why they fired me in 2005, or why they revoked my ordination in 2006, or why they never told me I was on the Emergency Elder Group list in 2008, or why they continue to cite things against me that were prior to their own declaration of my competence on that list in 2008. Nor did they cite any Scripture to show how I am unqualified. It’s too bad they just don’t ask the hundreds of people to whom I have ministered, both collectively at teaching weekends and individually, in the past few years. They don’t ask because they don’t care, and must advance their own position at my expense.

If you are among those to whom I have ministered, do you agree with the Board that I am unfit to lead God’s people? At the November meeting J, D, G, K did not present anything that was both honest and convincing in that regard, because nothing they can honestly say would convince anyone that I am unfit for ministry. Since 2000 (a sin I came and confessed), they cannot cite any sin or immorality I have committed or how I have violated the Word so as to disqualify myself for leadership, and they know that. In order to smear me, they have even gone so far as to insinuate that there is a continuing pattern of sexual immorality, but they cannot refer to any transgression whatsoever. That is why they brought up my sin from way back in the ‘80s, for which God has long ago forgiven me, as per 1 John 1:9.

Throughout these past seven years, J, D, G, K have shown absolutely no brokenness or real godly sorrow, both of which are prerequisite to genuine repentance. Remember, that is all Elizabeth and I asked for, so that we could reconcile with them and work together. They simply refuse to walk in the light, not trusting either God or you enough to come clean about their failures, yet look at all the turmoil in STF that has taken place on their watch. They have yet to admit they were wrong about anything of consequence, and the few obligatory admissions they have made are merely cosmetic, and designed to take the focus off themselves. Simply put, they cannot lead you where they themselves are not willing to go.

And now, despite the overwhelming percentage of people who have told them that the composition of the Board is seriously flawed, they are going right ahead with their plan to add only Mike Patten, a salaried employee who is in lockstep with them. That will make the Board three salaried people and a married couple, which is even worse than its current composition. Nothing is changing, and it is obvious that they do not care what anyone says if it contradicts them. Not only have they given no credence at all to the Elder Council members themselves, or to their input, and blown them off at every turn, but they also reproved them and said they are not doing the will of God.

It is not easy for anyone to hear that he is being deceived, because we all like to think that we see things as they really are, and our pride takes a beating when we find out someone has pulled the wool over our eyes. But certainly it is better to find that out than not to find it out, isn’t it?

I firmly believe that your heart is honest before the Lord, but the Board members’ actions have long ago proven to me, and to many others, that their hearts have become hardened. If, like some, you are asking, “How could that happen?” please remember that the amount of spiritual knowledge one has is not the measure of his spirituality. Rather, God looks on one’s motives and how he relates to the knowledge he has, i.e., how much of it he is practicing with an honest heart in the sight of God and the Lord Jesus. And given the biblical picture of the life of David, God makes it clear that He especially values one’s willingness to admit and repent of his sin.

It is painful to hear, but it is clear to me that the following Scripture verses aptly describe the current STF Board and their actions. And if that is true, wouldn’t it be more painful in the long run not to hear it?

Romans 16:17 and 18 (NASB)

(17) Now I urge you, brethren, keep your eye on those who cause dissensions and hindrances contrary to the teaching which you learned, and turn away from them.

(18) For such men are slaves, not of our Lord Christ but of their own appetites; and by their smooth and flattering speech they deceive the hearts of the unsuspecting.

The Greek word translated “unsuspecting” is rendered “simple” in the KJV and “naïve” in the NIV. It is akakos, and is used only one other place--Hebrews 7:26, regarding Jesus (“harmless”). I don’t think either the KJV or NIV has it quite right, and I prefer “harmless” or “innocent” (ASV). It means that a person like you, who is doing your best to be honest and do what is right before the Lord, does not expect people like those on the Board to do otherwise, and it is hard for you to believe that they are. It was hard for us too, but we have lived with it for 7 years, and I am telling you the truth.

This is about the Word of God being ignored and disobeyed. The actions of the Board, not only toward Elizabeth and me, but also toward many other believers, fly in the face of Scripture. I honestly believe that both the biblical truth and the facts that I have presented dwarf whatever they have presented to substantiate their flimsy allegation that I am so badly screwed up. As I have said before, God sees, He knows, and He will not be mocked. The fruit will show itself, in both their lives and ministries and in mine. So be it.

As per Philippians 1:17-18, I rejoice that STF has great biblical truth to present (much of it material that I and others who are no longer around helped to produce), but if the hearts of those leading the ministry are tainted, it cannot be the blessing it could be if it were coming from people whose hearts were honest and right in the sight of God. And it cannot help but become more tainted, because each of us is either “being transformed” or “conforming”—we can’t just stay in a holding pattern.

1 Corinthians 15:33 (NIV) says, “…Bad company corrupts good character.” If my perspective of the STF Board is correct, the more association people have with them, the more likely they are to be deceived. To vividly illustrate that point, let me cite something I was told happened at the November meeting. It involved someone I’ve known for 25 years, and been close to the last 15+, someone whom I have never done anything but try to love and bless, and he the same to me, but who has in the past year been much closer to John and Dan and had little contact with me. In the context of the Board bringing up my past sins to substantiate their allegation of my unworthiness to lead, my friend stood up and said, “You wouldn’t allow a reformed pedophile to lead children’s fellowship, would you?”

I was told that the room exploded with indignation about his malicious remark, but that no one on the Board said a word about it until after a subsequent break during which at least one person I know of had castigated them for their silence. My question, however, is how did my friend’s heart become so venomous against me? Who spoke what into his life such that he would believe such lies about me and even think of saying something so hurtful?

Although I have already taken some flak from those who I think should know me better and clearly see my heart in all of this, I have felt compelled to thoroughly and publicly (1 Tim. 5:20) sound the alarm for the many people who I led to CES/STF through the years, and those who now support the work with their hard-earned dollars. Having now done so, I am moving on, and will begin another work so as to have an outlet to present on video and audio the many, many teachings that are bubbling up in my heart and in the hearts of others I know. It won’t actually be a new “ministry,” but another avenue via which I, and others, can exercise our God-given ministries in the Body of Christ.

We are in the process of deciding upon a name for the new organization, and a believer lawyer is already working on setting up a non-profit, tax-exempt corporation, which I believe is still the best way to go because it allows people to deduct their contributions. I am working with three brethren who have offered to collaborate in building a fabulous website, on which I will put all the teachings/books/articles I did or was part of doing while with STF—plus much more, including quality work by others.

I want to produce a new foundational class, as well as write a book on the administrations in Scripture, and I know some capable saints willing to help. Elizabeth and I will travel extensively as God opens the doors to help connect people in an international fellowship community, one knit together with the love of God, and one wherein grace and mercy triumph over judgment. I would also like to help people, especially our youth, do more state or regional conferences, and camps.

Quite a few wonderful brethren have already volunteered their insight about how to set up the new work so as to best hold accountable those in positions of oversight and give them the least chance to go off track. Whatever we do will at least be transparent, with straightforward communication and an annual financial statement made available to each contributor. At the end of the day, I know that people will support something that is Word-based, loving, and honest as long as they see those qualities in those who lead and as long as what is produced touches their hearts and moves them toward godliness.

As we go forward, unless you tell me that you do not want to hear from me, I will keep you informed of what we are doing, so that you may partake of what we have available if you like. Although starting over in the second half of my life (I’m aiming at 120) is somewhat daunting, I am excited to see what the Lord will do with our efforts to glorify him. To start with, we will have little compared to what STF has in resources, but if our hearts are in the right place, God will prosper our efforts, and maybe even do an Ephesians 3:20 work. Stay tuned…

Back in 1987 when The Way Intenational was falling apart, Steve Lefevers and Lionel Recio wrote a position paper about TWI in which they quoted the renegade Roman Catholic theologian Hans Kung in his work titled: Truthfulness: The Future of The Church. I believe that his trenchant and powerful words, written in 1968, are acutely pertinent to the STF situation today, and certainly to Christianity in general:

“People today are looking for a truthful church…in whose structures, in whose institutions and constitutions, truth is not manipulated, the word not diluted, the spirit not carnalized, life not stifled, freedom not despised, justice not suppressed, peace not broken. This means discussion instead of denunciation, comprehension instead of inquisition, communication instead of excommunication…It means dialogue instead of dictation, criticism instead of censorship, frankness instead of concealment…Thus the absolutist, authoritarian…system must give way to genuine order in freedom, hierarchical power to ecclesiastical service, clerical despotism to spiritual leadership” (p. 103).

“Truth is put at the disposal of the system and politically managed. Words are used, not for communication, but for domination. Language is corrupted through tactical ambiguity, objective untruth, distorted rhetoric, and shallow pathos…The admission and correction of errors is strictly avoided, and instead a practical omniscience of authority insinuated…free discussion is suspect, dissenters are morally disqualified; within the dominant machinery of bureaucracy truth is the result of political struggle, of the power game of different pressure groups; secrecy is demanded in things that concern everyone…In these circumstances, truth is politically utilized, used up, abused, instead of being truthfully thought out, respected, loved, lived” (pp. 141 and 142).

By the grace of God, and with the input of our involved constituents, I promise to do my best to ensure that what we will now put together will be such a “truthful church.”

HAPPY NEW YEAR! May it be the best year of your life. I love you.

Your brother in Christ,

John Lynn

The drugs must be much excellent to post something like that...."an alternative biblical truth" Geeezuuuzz...an alternative biblical truth?

JAL is posting like a jilted lover not a minister who "represents" the most powerful mutha-....a in the universe. Whiny old f(ck...go out to pasture JAL...you've outlived your usefulness. You sound like some drunk in a bar whining about his ex-wife....never stopping to think that you may be part, or most, or all, of the problem.

Edited by RumRunner

Just because the pinheads JAL wrote about were completely in the wrong,

that does not mean JAL is in the right.

JAL was just FINE with twi until someone ELSE forced the issues-

then he was APPALLED by what happened for years while he was a top leader.

JAL was just FINE with ces/stfi until HIS ox was getting gored-

You're an IDIOT!

You dropped the ball in a MAJOR way TWICE in TWO different organizations!

You're preparing to drop it AGAIN by making ANOTHER group and not learning

from the mistakes you made EITHER time!

In this, you're stupider than lcm- at least HE has kept his fool mouth shut

down the years and has stopped drawing attention to himself!

You've retained a style of demonstrating ego AND cluelessness and letting

God's people get hurt while you puffed up organizations!

Perhaps you're doomed to make the same mistakes over and over until death.

If you have any choice about it, WAKE UP!

I don't know, but, I think I'm sensing a pattern here.

This was classic though. . . they accused me of telling people to stop sending money. . . . gee, all I said was "vote with your wallet". Yet, he doesn't make the correlation?

Strange people.

Oh wait a minute. . . it was a grand total of 90 people at the big meeting? ROFLMAO 90 people? 90 people turned out? This is about a handful of faithful . . . . isn't it? All this drama. . . . over a few followers? Man, that pool is really shrinking.

Edited by geisha779

You're an IDIOT!

*smirk* ayep

We are in the process of deciding upon a name for the new organization, and a believer lawyer is already working on setting up a non-profit, tax-exempt corporation, which I believe is still the best way to go because it allows people to deduct their contributions.

So the cycle starts again.. He believes the best way to go is setup a non-profit corporation.

I always wondered what it would have been like in the first century had the apostles or even Jesus decided the best way to go was to first setup a corporation, a business, or some organization to help them with "da werk of da minersty".

Yes, instead of just serving people. Ministering to needs. Helping the poor and sick, tending to actual people. No, instead what we need to do is come up with policies and procedures. Make sure we have a tax shelter. Oh and God forbid we forget to elect members and set forth the different positions and responsibilities in da new group. Next we need the government oversight of our "business" that the 501c requires and jump through their reporting hoops on a regular basis. We can't discount the government regulation of the 501c which of course silences us from speaking or doing many things that could actually "help" people, so we need to work that into our official modus operandi.

Looks like he's committed to doing Gawd's work to me alright...

And just what the people need. Anutter division of the "Christian" pie..

I didn't like my previous circus. They had a bad rep and I didn't want to look silly. And how dare you want to stay with the circus that I personally setup, they were getting to silly! So who wants to join our NEW and IMPROVED circus we just setup?

If JAL (AKA "The Mouth") had really learned anything at all from the past he would have written a much different letter.

He would have stated plainly that he was as much to blame for the error and sin in both organizations as those he accused. After all, didn't he also partake in the adultery game in TWI? Didn't he also listen to the "prophecies" about Elizabeth? He divorced her because of those prophecies! Oh but he was so-o-o spiritual...(*roll eyes*) that now he can look back and blame others for the very same lies he followed and propounded.

If he were honest about his life and track record, he would ask for forgiveness and continue to live a quiet life - far from the need for glory and recognition that comes with the addiction to "starting a ministry."

Say John, just pay your taxes and make money with a job - it's not so bad.

John,you made a mistake back in the seventies and chose not to work for some big corp like your daddy did. Admit that and at least start living honestly.

As I recall, Paul kept up his ministry under house arrest - no fanfare, no meetings, no begging for allegiance - just living and loving.

I hope the whole house of cards falls apart - for JAL and STFI. Let it topple to the ground and get trampled beyond repair.

*spit*

It's way too long.. why can't he just make his point with one short paragraph..

just what I need.. another epistle to "master" or something..

the raw length of it reeks of egotism..

JAL has always been guilty of talking just to hear his head rattle.

Can't wait for the phone calls to begin...

"_____________ how are you? Remember the great times we had in (name a city or state)?

"You never even talked to me or knew I existed , John."

"Oh but I always loved you!"

This guy has more masks than a Mardi Gras Parade.

Edited by doojable

Number of characters (without spaces) : 18,000.00

Number of words : 4,076.00

Number of sentences : 155.00

Average number of characters per word : 4.42

Average number of syllables per word : 1.48

Average number of words per sentence: 26.30

Indication of the number of years of formal education that a person requires in order to easily understand the text on the first reading

Gunning Fog index : 14.08

Approximate representation of the U.S. grade level needed to comprehend the text :

Coleman Liau index : 9.07

Flesh Kincaid Grade level : 12.12

ARI (Automated Readability Index) : 12.52

SMOG : 12.63

Flesch Reading Ease : 54.99

I see he is targeting high school graduates by the Flesh Kincaid and ARI assessments..

You're an IDIOT!

If JAL (AKA "The Mouth") had really learned anything at all from the past he would have written a much different letter.

He would have stated plainly that he was as much to blame for the error and sin in both organizations as those he accused. After all, didn't he also partake in the adultery game in TWI? Didn't he also listen to the "prophecies" about Elizabeth? He divorced her because of those prophecies! Oh but he was so-o-o spiritual...(*roll eyes*) that now he can look back and blame others for the very same lies he followed and propounded.

If he were honest about his life and track record, he would ask for forgiveness and continue to live a quiet life - far from the need for glory and recognition that comes with the addiction to "starting a ministry."

Say John, just pay your taxes and make money with a job - it's not so bad.

John,you made a mistake back in the seventies and chose not to work for some big corp like your daddy did. Admit that and at least start living honestly.

As I recall, Paul kept up his ministry under house arrest - no fanfare, no meetings, no begging for allegiance - just living and loving.

(snip)

It made me very sad to think that on that Saturday, the 38th anniversary of my ordination, while I was enthusiastically teaching the Word in Washington, D.C. to God’s precious people

what a *gem*..

He remembers and counts the years, days, times and hours of his *ordination* by a greasy, repugnant, abusive drunk con-man..

He is still proud of it..

Just a thought. How many offshoots do you think he went to to apply for a job before taking the more extreme measures he outlines here? No, he wouldn't grovel. But he'd pick up the phone and make a call, and make a few subtle hints..

Isn't it intriguing.. not one of them wants him..

with momentus, the personal prophecy flap.. the adultery.. the controversy that is ces.. he has made himself SO *unique* that nobody wants him.. in a professional manner, that is..

he would be *lucky* enough to get a job cleaning a chapel.. let alone preaching in it..

And the most *interesting* point is where he actually has the b*lls to quote this verse:

(17) Now I urge you, brethren, keep your eye on those who cause dissensions and hindrances contrary to the teaching which you learned, and turn away from them.

(18) For such men are slaves, not of our Lord Christ but of their own appetites; and by their smooth and flattering speech they deceive the hearts of the unsuspecting.

with the adultery and who knows what else he partook of in wayworld.. whatever *sin* he partook of afterward.. the false prophecies, the promotion of church dividing "training" (momentus).. doesn't the verse 17 apply to HIM?

Unbelievable.. but some people will still follow in the direction his finger is pointing..

after decades of this nonsense.. you still support him? Blood is on your own head..

It won’t actually be a new “ministry,” but another avenue via which I, and others, can exercise our God-given ministries in the Body of Christ.

honest to God.. if he has a "God given ministry".. I'm the Pope..

If jl is still above suspicion, (i.e. you are one of the *innocent* unsuspecting ones) and you are dedicated to pour out life, time and MONEY for his "avenue".. or for j.s. and gang's perpetual dog and pony show..

all I'll say is, I'm glad it isn't a *problem* that I have..

false prophecies.. doctrines and practices that turn brother against brother.. adultery.. and who knows what else they partook in..

how low do they have to sink before a person can say "false apostles and prophets.." ?

I find more integrity in a couple *dreaded* CIVIC ORGANIZATIONS that I've participated in than with these jokers..

Yeah.. vote with your wallet.. doesn't mean it's one choice or the other. Some people voted for NEITHER candidate in the last election..

. Once again, as you read this letter, I ask you to consider your personal relationship with me and the fruit of how I have interacted with you since we have known one another. If I have a positive “track record” with you, I ask that you not discard that in the face of vague allegations against me.

Are you saying you have a need to know people still love you?[/color] I simply want to provide an alternative source of biblical truth that is presented with love, grace, mercy, honesty, and transparency. A little humor wouldn’t hurt either—seriously.

Not all that simple when you have trashed stf over and over showing zero mercy or love or grace .

Nearly 23 years ago, back in The Way International, I stepped forward and adhered to the biblical admonition to “Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather to expose them” (Eph. 5:11). What has happened since I sent my 10/21/09 letter is (much like what happened in 1987): (a) some people believed that what I said was true, especially after hearing the STF Board’s vapid and evasive responses to it; (b) some believed the Board’s rhetoric about me without asking me if what they said was true, and © some have yet made no decision one way or the other. Those three responses are pretty much what Acts 17:32 and 33 shows will happen when truth is set forth.

Nearly 23 years ago, quite a few people now on the STF mailing list were then TWI followers in category (b), but what happened over time (my actions and the actions of the TWI Board) proved to them that my assertions about that Board were true, and that my heart was in the right place. I believe the same thing will happen in this situation. I am moving on, but I am very concerned about those who may choose to be part of something I believe is being led by people like those cited in Romans 16:17 and 18, and in that vein, this letter is to try once more to help you see this situation as it really is. After this, all my effort will go toward the new organization that I and other brethren are starting.

I know how painful this must be for you, and I want you to know that I will continue to love you and make my life and teaching ministry available to you whether or not you support either STF or me. As far as I’m concerned, my relationship with you is not contingent upon whether you take my side. I am more concerned about your relationship with the Lord Jesus, and that you stand on “the side of truth,” for your own sake.

You do not know my pain, you want us to know YOUR PAIN . Not about taking your "side"? sure JAL because your convinced the LORD JESUS is splitting the organization because your good and they are bad. give me a break much? Jesus didnt tell you you cant work for them, in fact YOU want to work for them, they just wont let you. stop twisting this. If you are now in category (b) or ©, I ask you simply to consider the undeniable dishonesty on the part of John, Dan, Gary, and Karen in how they have dealt not only with Elizabeth and me, but with you and everyone else who pays their salaries. For the sake of brevity, the following list is not all that could be cited:

OH I thought it wasnt about money either but you must metion that too?

You go on and on about demanding they put it is writing... why? You have all this third hand infomation to tell us about, Is it possible you want it in writing so you can sue them for a false firing or slander? hmmm? Your mighty eager to hear what they have to say about you. * When they finally did say something because of how much support they were losing, their 9/25/09 letter did not say they had fired me in January, but rather that I had left STF in August, clearly implying that I did so voluntarily.

YOU DID JAL!! they wouldnt give you a job so you left. You could have stayed on in the ministry UNPAID that was YOUR choice to leave.

they didnt let it be known they fired you that is true, BUT they didnt kick you out of the group. you could have stayed as anyone is involved. YOU DID CHOSE TO LEAVE STF in August.

you wanted to be more involved per you own letter to them, (on this website) and they said no you wanted to be PAID again and it made you very angry when they decided um nope sorry love ya bro no can do. your "wimpy e-mail" spoke of your love and how much you admire them.

which changed when they refused to hire you back. * John Schoenheit’s 10/25 letter said that I had asked people to stop giving to STF, which I did not. I suggested that people consider “voting with their wallets” to show the Board their disapproval with how they have led STF.

[color="#FF0000"]stop playing mind games we all know what you meant JAL< grow up.

- Furthermore, they put the focus on me and failed to address some very key things that would have exposed their rampant hypocrisy.

JAL all of your letters have put the focus on you and that is ok for you but not them? Is that not how we define the very word hypocrisy? .

If you attended the meeting, and did not afterward call me to ask if what you heard about me was true, is that how you would want me to treat you? [color="#FF0000"]REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY???? SEE FURTHER DOWN IN THIS LETTER!!![/color]

I’m very sorry that those who went had to endure such a painful experience of seeing people they love pitted against one another. It made me very sad to think that on that Saturday, the 38th anniversary of my ordination, while I was enthusiastically teaching the Word in Washington, D.C. to God’s precious people, my longtime friend and fellow laborer John Schoenheit was dishonestly degrading me.

"]and you him. [/i] First of all, that is not how CES was founded,(really ? how about what I quoted in green in this letter above?) as our letter about The Way went out in February, 1987 and CES was founded in September, 1988. Be that as it may, aren’t you glad I told the truth about TWI so you could make an informed decision about staying or leaving? Could it be that their “regret” at the November meeting was all about making me look bad in regard to my October mailing to you that exposed them?

ARE you kidding me? seriouly hahhahah that is just unbelievable JAL CES was founded from twi people., Once again being a super hero, mini Jesus, the saviour of mankind are you? god still speaks to His children JAL and your not an only child or the most beloved.

. They don’t ask because they don’t care, and must advance their own position at my expense.

stop with they do not love me anymore and Im a victim crap you write this letter to "advace YOUR OWN position at their expense".

And now, despite the overwhelming percentage of people who have told them that the composition of the Board is seriously flawed, they are going right ahead with their plan to add only Mike Patten, a salaried employee who is in lockstep with them. That will make the Board three salaried people and a married couple, which is even worse than its current composition. Nothing is changing, and it is obvious that they do not care what anyone says if it contradicts them. Not only have they given no credence at all to the Elder Council members themselves, or to their input, and blown them off at every turn, but they also reproved them and said they are not doing the will of God.

You speak about this elder council , that is interesting so where is their report? can you share it so we can see for ourself what they have to say?

I firmly believe that your heart is honest before the Lord, but the Board members’ actions have long ago proven to me, and to many others, that their hearts have become hardened. If, like some, you are asking, “How could that happen?” please remember that the amount of spiritual knowledge one has is not the measure of his spirituality. Rather, God looks on one’s motives and how he relates to the knowledge he has, i.e., how much of it he is practicing with an honest heart in the sight of God and the Lord Jesus. And given the biblical picture of the life of David, God makes it clear that He especially values one’s willingness to admit and repent of his sin.

JAl that is exactly what stf is saying to YOU, about you .

It is painful to hear, but it is clear to me that the following Scripture verses aptly describe the current STF Board and their actions. And if that is true, wouldn’t it be more painful in the long run not to hear it?

The Greek word translated “unsuspecting” is rendered “simple” in the KJV and “naïve” in the NIV. It is akakos, and is used only one other place--Hebrews 7:26, regarding Jesus (“harmless”). I don’t think either the KJV or NIV has it quite right, and I prefer “harmless” or “innocent” (ASV).

It means that a person like you,( but not you?) who is doing your best to be honest and do what is right before the Lord, does not expect people like those on the Board to do otherwise, and it is hard for you to believe that they are. It was hard for us too, but we have lived with it for 7 years, and I am telling you the truth.

"]Look at that JAL is protecting the "simple" naive innocent flock enough already with the super hero crap Jesus Christ is the head NOT YOU. YOU JAL are causing dissensions and hindrances because they wont pay you money to play a super hero anymore.[/i]

As per Philippians 1:17-18, I rejoice that STF has great biblical truth to present (much of it material that I and others who are no longer around helped to produce), but if the hearts of those leading the ministry are tainted, it cannot be the blessing it could be if it were coming from people whose hearts were honest and right in the sight of God. And it cannot help but become more tainted, because each of us is either “being transformed” or “conforming”—we can’t just stay in a holding pattern.

Are you saying bibical truth can become tainted? All because you got fired from an organization? hahhahah your losing it man.

1 Corinthians 15:33 (NIV) says, “…Bad company corrupts good character.” If my perspective of the STF Board is correct, the more association people have with them, the more likely they are to be deceived. To vividly illustrate that point, let me cite something I was told happened at the November meeting. It involved someone I’ve known for 25 years, and been close to the last 15+, someone whom I have never done anything but try to love and bless, and he the same to me, but who has in the past year been much closer to John and Dan and had little contact with me. In the context of the Board bringing up my past sins to substantiate their allegation of my unworthiness to lead, my friend stood up and said, “You wouldn’t allow a reformed pedophile to lead children’s fellowship, would you?”

I was told that the room exploded with indignation about his malicious remark, but that no one on the Board said a word about it until after a subsequent break during which at least one person I know of had castigated them for their silence. My question, however, is how did my friend’s heart become so venomous against me? Who spoke what into his life such that he would believe such lies about me and even think of saying something so hurtful?

[[font="Impact"]color="#FF0000"] [i]OK OK OK THAT IS IT ive HAD ENOUGH OF YOUR CRAP! above in this very letter you say you want people to call you and see if the information is true about you SEE ABOVE in purple!!! Did you call this "somone" you love and are close to for the last 15 years" ? NO you didnt because this letter says "you were told" . talk about a double standard why can you NOT Do what you say others should|?

My spin on that is not that he was calling you a pedophile as you imply but rather asking if sexual sins are allowed in the STF group leadership. probably also why they kept silent hahaha (oh geez this is just rich lol.) JS is out of order by bible standards his own self because he has had more than one wife so just be silent and they wont notice. haha anyways Jesus Christ did forgive sexual sins.

YOU JAL are purposly twisting that to imply a person you love is calling you a pedophile to appear to be the huge victim once again with emotional charging accusation that are probably not true and YOU do not care to find out or not. it is a lie or in the very least why do you NOT call the friend? hmm? because this crap will get more attention . more people will read this letter esp on grease spot if the word pedophile is being thrown about somhow!

your desperate. you want to destroy stf. that is clear.

no i am not a supporter of stf, but anytime I see this type of twisted crap I stay away I hear no love just hate and a war between people.

it is awful really[/color]

He needs something very evil to sue them with and being called a pedephile could just do it! wowowowowo this is a trip

I cant do this I just do not have time to waste on this I just want everyone to know beyond any doubt Im certain a very fat cat named pond should never ever ever be allowed to play with different color fonts on a puter sorry. I tried[/i][/font]

Edited by pond

and how long will this nonsense continue.. as long as people send them money, buy their *package*..

just because they ejected the most OBVIOUS buffoon from stiffi.. I wouldn't count on any less nuttiness..

The board, they are ALL corps and momentus "grads" aren't they? What better can one expect from them?

what about the new guy? I would bet he was formed in the same mold..

Number of characters (without spaces) : 18,000.00

Number of words : 4,076.00

Number of sentences : 155.00

Average number of characters per word : 4.42

Average number of syllables per word : 1.48

Average number of words per sentence: 26.30

Indication of the number of years of formal education that a person requires in order to easily understand the text on the first reading

Gunning Fog index : 14.08

Approximate representation of the U.S. grade level needed to comprehend the text :

Coleman Liau index : 9.07

Flesh Kincaid Grade level : 12.12

ARI (Automated Readability Index) : 12.52

SMOG : 12.63

Flesch Reading Ease : 54.99

The song-and-dance bull.... factor: priceless! ;)

Who would send an four THOUSAND word email to a FRIEND? 155 sentences, at an average of 26 words per sentence..

It really looks like one percent fact.. the rest is supposed to be how *we* are supposed to think about it..

isn't his audience grown up enough to think for themselves? If one is a dyed in the wool stiffi adherent, apparently not..

Edited by Ham

As we go forward, unless you tell me that you do not want to hear from me, I will keep you informed of what we are doing, so that you may partake of what we have available if you like

He assumes quite a bit here.. "oh goody. They didn't email me back.. they must still love and support me.."

:biglaugh:

good grief..

I would suggest a *real* test. Throw away the mailing list he apparently *lifted* from ces.. and see who emails, offering unsolicited support..