GreaseSpot Cafe

The Other 6 Manifestations

Gen-2

Some of the accounts in the OT make me laugh.

Probably not meant to be funny. . . . but, it still makes me laugh. . . mine, no yours, no really they are yours. . . fine, we will just kill them and start all over.

I agree Geisha. It wasn't meant to be funny, but it does make me laugh the way you put it all in perspective!

We can understand it was not by Moses' power that this miracle was done. But by having him hold up the staff just before the Red Sea was parted, God was showing Israel He was with Moses and that they should have respect for him - and they did (for a while) until something else came up.

I can undertand Moses' frustration. Israel acted much like "fair-weather friends" - glad when things went good, but seeking alternatives to God when the pressure was on again. And many people are just like that even today. That makes me laugh also.

Anything man does, no matter how elaborate, is "sheer folly" in the eyes of PURE WISDOM: Prov 1:26 [wisdom speaking] I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh; This verse reminds me of something I saw once...

I was walking down the sidewalk and saw a guy walking along. He just couldn't seem to keep his eyes off of a pretty girl across the street. I watched as he was heading right toward a telephone pole. And sure enough - SMACK! :biglaugh:

I laughed and laughed at this. Of course (in my heart) I felt sorry this had happened to him, but still couldn't seem to contain myself because what he actually did was just "so stupid".

Similarly, to me it is laughable to watch Israel's "antics" in the OT - to be acting so foolishly after having seen the power of God in action time and time again! So sometimes, all we can do is just laugh.

SPEC

:)

About the "IN or UPON stuff": Personally, I never read in the NT that “the spirit departed” from anyone as it did Saul, for instance. And I do believe we cannot “lose our spirit” in the Grace Administration. But that is merely "my take" - no big deal.

I really hate to nit pick – so no big deal about “in or upon”. It’s like you said, its “mostly academic anyway”.

Well, I'm sure you can't lose YOUR spirit unless you're just sad, but then you can liven up your spirit some other way..

But seeing that the scriptures call the gift, 'GOD's' spirit and not yours.. Well... That's a whole new thing.

Course there's a number of things I don't agree with TWI's take on "holy spirit". From trying to equate it to the "new man", which are 2 completely different things. Or equating it to the "seed" of the good news. Or the "inner man". Or many other synonymous things TWI piled into being God's spirit..

Probably not meant to be funny. . . . but, it still makes me laugh. . .

It's not really funny at all, but in terms of sheer entertainment value the story of Samson and Delilah in Judges 16 -- indeed the entire account of Samson's life -- ranks right up there.

When Samson saw a woman he liked he said to his parents, "now get her for me as my wife". Get her for me. LOL I love that. (Yeah, I realize that they had certain customs back in the day...yadda yadda. It's still funny.)

So the first wife double-crosses him in no time flat. Then Samson hooks up with Delilah, who is maybe the most vile and despicable woman in the bible, and she proceeds to F him over twice, but ol' Sam (God love him) wasn't too quick on the uptake. He still didn't realize he was married to an evil woman, and finally ended up telling her the secret of his strength, upon which she promptly betrayed him.

I mean, Samson didn't know too much about women, did he?

But anyway, I love the way he took his revenge: blind and enslaved by the Philistines, he grew back his hair, regained his strength, and took the temple down after they humiliated him, killing everybody in it.

Great story.

Course there's a number of things I don't agree with TWI's take on "holy spirit". From trying to equate it to the "new man", which are 2 completely different things. Or equating it to the "seed" of the good news. Or the "inner man". Or many other synonymous things TWI piled into being God's spirit..

Personally, I ultimately equate everything good to LIGHT and everything evil to DARKNESS. I tend to believe everything on the "good side" is related somehow to the term "light" in one way or another, and vise-versa for the "evil side".

So to me (and this is MY THINKING, of course) the terms seed, inner man and new man (being on the "good side") do relate somehow with holy spirit - and with each other as well! Maybe they are "brothers or sisters", "aunts or uncles", "cousins or distant cousins", but somewhere, somehow, "at the end of the day" I am sure they all do equate into LIGHT.

Enjoying "my light show" - or perhaps it is really "His light show"...makes no difference to me. I'll tell ya what: Let me simply rephrase it...

Enjoying "the light show",

SPEC

God first

thanks SPEC

lets say I am in the dark room with a cover over my eyes alone with hands covering my eyes and my eyes are close which color do i see

with love and a holy kiss Roy

Tell ya what Roy - I'll give you some information and then perhaps you tell me what color you see in your above situation.

When most people see something which appears blue, they assume that IT IS blue. Curiously though, it is exactly the opposite!

As I understand it, the internal properties of any substance allow it to do two things when it is exposed to light: It can either (1) "absorb" light or (2) "reflect" it back.

In my example, whatever the item is composed of allows it to absorb EVERY COLOR EXCEPT BLUE. Since it cannot absorb blue, it must reflect it back. That is why it appears blue from the observer's perspective, though (in reality) it actually contains every color except blue!

Something white is reflecting back all the colors, while some black has absorbed them all.

So, you tell me - what color do you see in your example of "the dark room"?

SPEC

God first

thanks SPEC

its takes light to see any color

I seem a blues vision and black one

but we not talking about blue or black

there layers of gray too

there layers of white too

along with every other color

there no true darkness and there no true lighted room

until we become like gods or spirit form

because we do not really see anything close to god

we just come close but we not even close

Edited by year2027

Very good, Roy! The result would be "nothing", as there is no "substance" to asborb or reflect the light - and, as you pointed out, there is no light either.

I have "seen" colors with my eyes closed; however, that would not really be "seeing" since the eyes are not involved. Instead, I would call it "imagining".

SPEC

God first

thanks SPEC

No "I would call it "imagining""

my result has substances and non-substances

it imagining and real

it is nothing or something

it is Godly or devilry and devilry or Godly

it is a vision or it in my mind and it in my mind or vision

I am awake and asleep or asleep and awake

how can be awake while asleep i am awake spiritual but also asleep in my dreams

the mind is always working

whether asleep or awake God is still teaching us

whether light is asborb or reflect its still light

Edited by year2027

So to me (and this is MY THINKING, of course) the terms seed, inner man and new man (being on the "good side") do relate somehow with holy spirit - and with each other as well! Maybe they are "brothers or sisters", "aunts or uncles", "cousins or distant cousins", but somewhere, somehow, "at the end of the day" I am sure they all do equate into LIGHT.

No objections from me, your honor..

The eyes don't technically SEE anything. Your eyes simply collect the information that your brain, in turn, processes and interprets. This, for example, is how your brain is able to take two slightly different visual images (camera angles) and interpret them into one, singular, three dimensional image. This process involves certain physiological actions that take place at the neurological level. Thus, one can, indeed, "see" things without input from the eyes. This is very different from "imaging" which does not involve this particular type of neurological activity.

Edited by waysider

God first

thanks waysider

yes my friend

my eyes more than here and less than there

I believe that form of tongues there apostles spoke when they wrote the many parts of God word

where mediate on what they see

there sight when should not be

like visions that seem real but it still a vision

am i seeing into the ablaze beyond space and time

that the tongues i see without voice at times

a true peaceful time

that get really peaceful

it makes me relaxed

i will stop now

Edited by year2027

The eyes don't technically SEE anything. Your eyes simply collect the information that your brain, in turn, processes and interprets. This, for example, is how your brain is able to take two slightly different visual images (camera angles) and interpret them into one, singular, three dimensional image. This process involves certain physiological actions that take place at the neurological level. Thus, one can, indeed, "see" things without input from the eyes. This is very different from "imaging" which does not involve this particular type of neurological activity.

I knew that also Waysider! It was easier to just say I "saw something with my eyes". And you are entirely correct.

And to think I supposed all you do is to interject little "quips" here and there to lighten up the posts!

You do have some "grey matter" up there, huh? Or is is really grey? Gee - now I'm confusing myself!

No objections from me, your honor..

Well - I consider you pretty honorable yourself! :love3:

SPEC

Edited by spectrum49

God first

The eye takes the picture but it takes the mind to make sense of it!

02-17-2010

My eye takes the picture I see but I really the eye that gives it meaning because only part of the thing I see. The light comes into my eye like lenses and the mind is like flash from a camera that captures the picture.

You see it takes light and darkness to make a picture one is no good without the other parts. Tongues are like the lenses that see the picture and the mind is like flash of darkness. But it takes more times to understand the picture you see it takes light in your mind to flash darkness.

Or faith by doubt and discerning of lights by discerning of darkness and working of miracles by working of curses and prophesy by lies and word of wisdom by word of fools and word of knowledge by word of foolish and gift of healing by gift of cursing and divers kinds of tongues by divers kind of quite and the interpretations of light by interpretation of darkness. These all work together to get the true picture.

There are layers light the light your eyes see the layer your skin seen just like there are layers of darkness like the darkness your see and the darkness your skin see. We see with our eyes, heart, blood, skin, mind, and many more.

Light reaches every part of our body and where light is darkness too because takes light to show us the darkness of the lesson. Thank you for me babbler on with love and a holy kiss Roy.

You have God in Exodus 20 telling Moses I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. Seems God is taking credit here. . . . almost like He wasn't dependent on Moses raising the staff or something.

Then in 32 The LORD said to Moses, "Go down, because your people, whom you brought up out of Egypt, have become corrupt. But then Moses comes back with No, No, No . . . YOUR PEOPLE... YOU DID IT! "O LORD," he said, "why should your anger burn against your people, whom you brought out of Egypt with great power and a mighty hand?

I know there is more to it, that in responding Moses is acknowledging God as the one who did(the exodus). . . . in pleading for Israel he is acknowledging they are God's people to do as He wills. Like Moses has any authority here other than appeal to God.

Probably not meant to be funny. . . . but, it still makes me laugh. . . mine, no yours, no, really, they are yours.

The physical earth is God's, but we call it ours . . . Maybe similar?

The physical earth is God's, but we call it ours . . . Maybe similar?

I imagine it was more God's way of handing them off and planning a do-over. They were down there melting gold, having a party and wondering about that guy Moses.

"What ever happened to Moses? You remember, the guy who lead us out of Egypt?"

"Went up that hill and we haven't seen him since". . . . "Just great ... what do we do now?!?"

Aaron had a real winner of an idea. . . ."I know, let's do the FIRST things on that list he told us NOT to do... . . . . . Let's make a God and then melt earrings and make a cow as an idol and worship THAT. . . then we can have a party!"

"A cow. . . or a God who parts the Red Sea. . . . it is all the same" They went with the cow.

God was miffed. . . . He was going to wipe them off the planet and start over with just Moses. . . .

Edited by geisha779

God first

thanks everybody

i see myself as right but i am not

we see the color red,blue, white or any color but in truth we do not see anything but we see all things

we see in tones but it takes our mind to understand the things that we saw

pasted tense and present tensed at same time

but can i see nothing and all things

it takes time to see than its past tensed but we think it in present tense

that how God is love in present tense God is but do not know it until past tensed

we still see God as the serpent because are still living in flesh

we have not even saw God because are still in present tensed

does make that sense to you

Edited by year2027

I imagine it was more God's way of handing them off and planning a do-over. They were down there melting gold, having a party and wondering about that guy Moses.

"What ever happened to Moses? You remember, the guy who lead us out of Egypt?"

"Went up that hill and we haven't seen him since". . . . "Just great ... what do we do now?!?"

Aaron had a real winner of an idea. . . ."I know, let's do the FIRST things on that list he told us NOT to do... . . . . . Let's make a God and then melt earrings and make a cow as an idol and worship THAT. . . then we can have a party!"

"A cow. . . or a God who parts the Red Sea. . . . it is all the same" They went with the cow.

God was miffed. . . . He was going to wipe them off the planet and start over with just Moses. . . .

I believe I recall even Mr. Moses needing some significant nudging by God. "But I don't speak Pharoah . . .etc etc."

I'm sure there was more to do with the cow than just a cow.

It is not a formula. It is a matter of building faith in the healer, Jesus Christ. Respect him. Make him your friend. Love him and believe in his ministry at the right hand of God. Jesus is the head of the body of Christ and makes intercession and mediates for the saints (believers) of God.

1 Tim 2:5

5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

KJV

Edited by Mark Sanguinetti

Personally, I ultimately equate everything good to LIGHT...

I went to an art festival last weekend called the Artigras. There was one exhibit that had the artist's statement in front. I forget the exact words and the extent of the statement, but it started something like this:

"I have come to a slow, quiet revelation that God is in everything good. It is my ultimate aim as an artist to show people God in a physical image."

Yeah, people say there is an injunction somewhere in the OT against making an image of God, but I don't see that - feel free to show me, but all I see in that context is make no image to bow down & worship - nothing against making an image in celebration of the light of God that is around us in everything good. I thought, "What a cool thing to involve one's life in!"

Genesis 1:4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

Edited by Tom

It is not a formula. It is a matter of building faith in the healer, Jesus Christ. Respect him. Make him your friend. Love him and believe in his ministry at the right hand of God. Jesus is the head of the body of Christ and makes intercession and mediates for the saints (believers) of God.

Wow, Mark, that seems like a real thread ender. I sort of feel like I shouldn't say anything after that - but, of course, I already did. Well said - you have cut to the heart of things - thank you. Reading your post is a most excellent way to start the day. Thanks again.