GreaseSpot Cafe

PFAL: The Foundation of Spiritual Abuse

skyrider

PFAL: The Foundation of Spiritual Abuse.........because it laid the foundation for dependency on trusting man's private interpretation of the scriptures.

In the pfal class, wierwille taught that God's Word is of NO private interpretation.....neither you can interpret it, nor I (vpw) can interpret it.....but this *Word* interprets itself (1) in the verse, (2) in the context, or (3) it's been used before.

Lo, and behold........in subsequent classes, wierwille is adding HIS private interpretation to push his viewpoints and agenda. And then, when I sit thru his "Christian Family and Sex" class......the liberties he used to twist the scriptures. When wierwille taught that masturbation was the original sin....I left that class scratching my head thinking, "That sure sounded like alot of private interpretation?"

The corps training indoctrination continued the trend. Why the heck were we spending so much time on Dale Carnegie's sales techniques? Why all the wierwille adulation and hype everytime he comes to the Emporia campus? What's the difference between private interpretation and "literals according to usage?" Why are we totally immersed in this MAL-pack survival living....it seems more fear-based than God-based?

On and on the indoctrination continued.

:evildenk:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When my wife and I met, she was an "unbeliever". She took PFAL and the basic core of classes so we could be together. She never really bought into any of it but pretended to for my sake. We've been married almost 30 years.

:anim-smile: congrats waysider. very cool!

Little Sparrow, Little Sparrow, The Eagle has flown south. Do you copy?

:biglaugh:

Never know if the adversary is listening in. He might want to steal your Mal-Pak or something.

Speaking of The Eagles, (the band), just heard their touring.......... is this not the thread for this thought or is this tread just for TWIGmeaning for God's ears only! :who_me: I'm new here.

Speaking of The Eagles, (the band), just heard their touring.......... is this not the thread for this thought or is this tread just for TWIGmeaning for God's ears only! :who_me: I'm new here.

OH just found decaffeinated. Maybe thats where!

:wave: Looks like I'm boarding the train.

:offtopic: Anyway the eagles are touring again with the album Long Time Run or something, that they put out two years ago. So, after being separated a dozen or more years, heel, maybe 20 years, they are expecting to be welcomed back with open arms by their fans. I don't think so. Fans have to be a part of something that exists. When a band calls is quits and comes back after 20 years you can bet it's only about the money! :sleep1: The Fans were never important to them anyhow. I love some of these emoticons.

:offtopic: Yet, again

Walsh in his heyday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1ZUU8xi7qY

I thought I was a big fan of The James Gang, Joe Walsh until one day a friend told me that Joe Walsh was a member of the eagles + then I swore up and down that he didn't know jack about them and that that was impossible. I ate crow that day!

:anim-smile: I seriously don't remember much of the 80's because I was so WAY OUT in the 70's! No pun intended, wasn't until the 90's that I went WAY OUT.

:offtopic: Anyway the eagles are touring again with the album Long Time Run or something, that they put out two years ago. So, after being separated a dozen or more years, heel, maybe 20 years, they are expecting to be welcomed back with open arms by their fans. I don't think so. Fans have to be a part of something that exists. When a band calls is quits and comes back after 20 years you can bet it's only about the money! :sleep1: The Fans were never important to them anyhow.

Hiya Human.

I've seen them twice since 2003 (both shows were unbelievably good) and I'll be seeing them again this summer.

Yeah, maybe it's all about money, and maybe they are a bunch of uncaring azzholes, but who cares? I certainly don't. To me it's all about the music. :)

Hiya Human.

I've seen them twice since 2003 (both shows were unbelievably good) and I'll be seeing them again this summer.

Yeah, maybe it's all about money, and maybe they are a bunch of uncaring azzholes, but who cares? I certainly don't. To me it's all about the music. :)

:B) I will agree with you. It is all about the music. Just not enough to go see them in concert.

:offtopic: Anyway the eagles are touring again with the album Long Time Run or something, that they put out two years ago. So, after being separated a dozen or more years, heel, maybe 20 years, they are expecting to be welcomed back with open arms by their fans. I don't think so. Fans have to be a part of something that exists. When a band calls is quits and comes back after 20 years you can bet it's only about the money! :sleep1: The Fans were never important to them anyhow. I love some of these emoticons.

The Eagles reunited in 1994 with the Hell Freezes Over Tour and have been touring every few years since then. They finally made a new studio album in 2007-2008, although they did issue a single in 1995 and just after 9/11. They disbanded after the Long Run album in the early 80's for about 14 years till 1994. So they didn't just get back together. And they are well worth seeing in concert. They do songs from Henley's, Frey's and Walsh's solo albums.

Welcome to the Cafe, Human WOB