GreaseSpot Cafe

The Mona-Vie Debacle

OldSkool

Rosie answers to nobody. Yet she will eventually answer to God. And so will her successors.

actually its worse than that. They will be forced to endure endless debriefings with the committees they cut deals with for this existence..

:biglaugh:

well, its my version of the religion, anyway..

:biglaugh:

STEED (oil additive)---- That's how F@rt got in the word.

His wife is mindless..

well, what else would one expect..

Well again what they say and what they do when it pertains to themselves are 2 different things. Now Rosie herself has drawn little salary as she had inheritance money, and her home was built by Way Builders so cost her nothing or next to nothing, which she paid long ago. She doesn't pay rent like anyone living in Founders Hall or the Mobile Home park.

Yes! And her attitude towards people who are less fortunate than her (read many in the way international and most, if not all on Staff) is they should not be concerned about money because God will provide for them. Now, I don't disagree with this in principle. BUT - the circumstances that are engineered against people in the way ministry cuts off most avenues to make money. You damn sure will be hand to mouth on Staff, you are STRONGLY discouraged from obtaining a loan for any reason (business or personal), the way ministry lifestyle for many disqualifies them from having a meaningful career. But she is probably loaded and has no financial hardships due to her inheritance (aka silver-spoon) and the roof over her head is bought and paid for. Hypocrite!

However, this is not the case for Prez cabinet. Even when others are working barely above minimum wage, these few have much higher salaries approved. They are paid management / corporate VP level salaries (certainly in their sector). Some have certainly paid cash for homes in the local area from what they've made from their salaries.

You are exactly right. Most Staff are paid minimum wage and 6 hours at time and 1/2. (46 hour work week) That's what they call a salary based on an hourly wage. Quite a contradiction, eh? Cabinet make around 24,000 and up, depending on how many kids you have and a few other variables. They still give a child allowance. You should hear some of them raise hell when the kids move away and they receive pay cuts. I base the $24,000 on what I made, my wife's pay and the child allowance had us living comfortably, off-grounds. We probably made approximately twice as much as the average staffer. Rest assured, with the cost of living in that area of the country we were comfortable.

Jesus taught that the greater should be the greater servant. He did not teach that they should conform to a corporate scaled salary level.

However, if you start to look at The Way like a corporation, complete with laws and politics that plague every corporation, then it starts to make more sense. In some ways due to the "spiritual" tag they excuse every behavior with, the evil in politics and the using of people is much worse than a standard corporation, because you have no checks and balances. "God" leading people, and the tenet that you believe God is leading the people in charge is the trump card that they pull to back people down, to maintain loyalty, and to excuse atrocities against perceived enemies. In this it is closer to what you would see in a Communist regime than it is to what you see even in corporate environments. I know I was typically treated much better in the world than I was in the Way. This includes all the typical corporate BS I experienced in the world.

Again - right on the money. My experiences in leadership positions at HQ were riddled with politics and self-promotion. The twist is it's all based on a pseudo-self sacrifice on who can stay in Rosalie's favor, by willingly submitting to petty micromanagement, and who can work the longest and spend the most hours in service. After all, as cabinet and department coordinators we were exempt. So yes, Communist regime has eerie similarities. I.E - Do not speak against our Dear Leader! (theres more but I will spare everyone for brevity's sake)

Rosie answers to nobody. Yet she will eventually answer to God. And so will her successors.

She answers to ABSOLUTELY nobody. Same as Victor Wierwille, and same as Craig Martindale. (except the lawsuit cramped Craig's style) She maintains the facade of being a team player that delegates well. In reality she is the benevolent dictator - she knows what is best for others but excuses herself from her own mandates! She delegates seemingly major responsibility with meaningless authority. That way you have to check with your director, who checks with her, on anything of merit. She does not delegate, she puppeteers.

I could go on. Great post, thanks for the thoughts.

Another thing I found ironic in Oldskool's post was the "punishment." Being sent out to (basically plant new churches) start fellowships was/is considered punishment. Wow. However, the truly entrepreneurial would see that as an opportunity to not only win souls, but have first dibs on any new MLM opportunities.

Well, here's the psychological side of things. There are many that equate lofty positions of service, aka major assignments, with those of the highest admiration. Many way corps are position hungry and will do most anything to get that title, or become clergy. Whenever anyone receives a lesser assignment from one higher up the pyramid the whispers go round for weeks. "What happened to so and so?" The assumption is always that they screwed something up and were demoted. Even if the person said I want less responsibility for now. So, to assign someone to start a fellowhip and build to a branch is calling them less than the minimum requirements to be way corps which is to be a branch coordinator. The folks that received these assignments this particular year (2008-2009 ministry year) received no meaningful help from the wayfers in their assigned areas. So in other words they had to bust their a$$es to get of of double secret probation. To succeed in this assignment you would have to pretend that you and your family were alone and starting new work and you would have to live under the gun wondering if you would be able to keep your all important corpse status. Does anyone remember a biblical person who did the same to others? Yep -Phaoroah! Make your own bricks and harvest your own straw!

But, I just hated the faux friendliness that seemed to accompany my "upline" guy's countenance as he talked with people, waiting for that opportunity to bring up the "NSA Family". I could see it in his eyes that he wasn't really listening to the Prospect to whom he was talking, he was waiting for his "opening". I mean, it was also SO much like the way we treated people when trying to get them to take "The Class". Actually, it was a real eye opener for me to see that because it was just like I'd done for a long time with "prospective class takers". And so, since this was a major time of upheaval and turmoil for me as I was seeing the light about getting out of The Way and "breaking my Corps commitment" and also my clergy commitment to The Way, the last thing I wanted to do was start trying to convince people to buy something or be part of something they didn't really want.

OMG! I can remember hanging out at magazine racks pretending to read something I had no interest in because someone else was browsing something similar just to be able to strike up petty conversation and turn it to the way international's classes. And the hours spent door to door.... :blink: :excl: Besides these "cold call" efforts there was friends, family, fellow-workers. That was the mantra. How did we treat those who refused? We shook the dust off - a.k.a - we ignored them because they were no longer class prospects. After all, why waste time with those who refuse to believe?

So, I gotta laugh now that I have learned of The Great Mona-Vie TWI Debacle! I can just see them all trying to "sell each other", turning their faux friendliness on each other with promises of riches! This story is pretty rich, ya know? Got me laughin' pretty good. But just like the guy I gave my water filters back to, it's a free country, and if that's what the Wayfers want to do, it's their business and they ought to be able to do it. But it shore wasn't for me!

Well, riches were the motivation but that motivation was cloaked in monavie being a miracle cure. If you talked to someone trying to sign you up as a distributor you would certainly hear of it's healing properties and how God gave us the earth and all that is therein for health and prosperity and now we have Monavie to help us live the more than abundant life. (I am paraphrasing but you get the jist) It was all very pious sounding.

Edited by OldSkool