GreaseSpot Cafe

so.. why did he choose BRASS?

Ham

That could be the dumbest thing I have heard him say to date.

whoa whoa whoa . . . you don't actually listen to what he said . . . you go by the tones . . . listening only causes confusion

Edited by Bolshevik

whoa whoa whoa . . . you don't actually listen to what he said . . . you go by the tones . . . listening only causes confusion

Oh! That helps....ok, off to my Household Fellowship!

Not that it matters and well I am enjoying all of your jokes but I believe Brass was chosen because at that time through the 80's Brass was what was in, as far as all the decorating circles.. If you had a high end home you either had brass fixtures or you had Brass accessories.

in keeping with their outward appearances are mega important i am guessing this is what was the real reason Brass was chosen.

appearances.. possibly. Except that I remember the "high maintenance" remark..

just wonder though.. who actually polishes it? Do they actually pay someone, or is it a "privilege" reserved for in resident corpses or something?

just wonder though.. who actually polishes it? Do they actually pay someone, or is it a "privilege" reserved for in resident corpses or something?

The housekeeping department. I wouldn't be surprised if the have IRWC doing some of the work. They teach that scrubbing the toilets is a privilege. So polishing brass in the PWA is like and uber privilege.

I had to polish that stuff when I was in rez.

Probably, though, when I was in Multi-Services and assigned to Housekeeping Crew.

Or maybe in preparation for some big event. Too long ago to remember.

Also had to push my fingers into the creases in the carpet, where it bends between the step and the riser, to rake out all the dust. You'd think they would have heard of crevice tools on vacuum cleaners.

Or maybe they thought a crevice tool had a different purpose entirely... :confused::biglaugh:

:biglaugh:

Also had to push my fingers into the creases in the carpet, where it bends between the step and the riser, to rake out all the dust. You'd think they would have heard of crevice tools on vacuum cleaners.

Or maybe they thought a crevice tool had a different purpose entirely... :confused::biglaugh:

:anim-smile::biglaugh:

vpw was fond of all sorts of wild ideas. Part of the purpose of having a Board of

Trustees, according to "Uncle Harry", was to curb in a few of the crazier ideas vpw

had and rein him in on the crazy stuff.

Among the crazy stuff that victor paul wierwille said that did get past was the idea that

twi would allow people to build houses on-grounds to retire on, do all the construction

work/pay all the construction work, all the furnishings, upgrades, etc,

then live in them until they died,

but that the way international would then get full ownership of the house.

(That was one of his ideas for "the Sunset Corps". "The Sunset Corps" never got off

the ground, possibly because few people were that stupid.)

There was another idea about some new invention of a new type of snowmobile,

then there was that idea he had about a restaurant....

and so on and so on. Few of his ideas were practical.

The materials used to construct some of the buildings- like "the Corps Chalet"

that lcm stole and called "the Presidents Home"- were completely wrong for the

weather for Ohio, and lots of money went in to build them, then to rebuild them

and try to mitigate the damage that would never have been there if vpw's plans

were competent.

Thanks for the insight Wordwolf.

The Chalet was occupied by Donna and a few others until Donna moved into the Founders Hall apartment a few years ago. When I was around the chalet served as "guest husing" with very few guests staying there. M3l1ss@ G30r63 and M@r$h@ L0mb@rd1 are the main two occupants. If those two aren't a couple I will start going to fellowship again! They do EVERYTHING together. A very close friend of mine walked in on them sitting really close on a couch together and when they knew someone was coming the shuffled apart real quick. What's that saying if it walks like a dyke and talks like a dyke...oops...misspelled my words...I meant duck...ya, that's what I meant.

Anyways, the chalet is still a monumental waste and is vastly underused. The chalet annex that was added later is used by the director group for all of their meetings. What a joke.

Thanks for the insight Wordwolf.

BTW,

everything I just posted was posted here previously by others.

If you get curious, feel free to do a search for lengthier posts by others

who explained in lots more detail, and eyewitness accounts and so on.

vpw was fond of all sorts of wild ideas. Part of the purpose of having a Board of

Trustees, according to "Uncle Harry", was to curb in a few of the crazier ideas vpw

had and rein him in on the crazy stuff.

Among the crazy stuff that victor paul wierwille said that did get past was the idea that

twi would allow people to build houses on-grounds to retire on, do all the construction

work/pay all the construction work, all the furnishings, upgrades, etc,

then live in them until they died,

but that the way international would then get full ownership of the house.

(That was one of his ideas for "the Sunset Corps". "The Sunset Corps" never got off

the ground, possibly because few people were that stupid.)

Was that *his* idea, or was it an "upgrade" of Jim Jones' thing where older people gave him their homes and in return he gave them a nice place to live until they died?

There was another idea about some new invention of a new type of snowmobile,

then there was that idea he had about a restaurant....

and so on and so on. Few of his ideas were practical.

The materials used to construct some of the buildings- like "the Corps Chalet"

that lcm stole and called "the Presidents Home"- were completely wrong for the

weather for Ohio, and lots of money went in to build them, then to rebuild them

and try to mitigate the damage that would never have been there if vpw's plans

were competent.

The snow rescue snowmobile thing in Gunnison was about the most hare-brained thing I'd ever heard of for a "Christian" ministry to be spending money on. Didn't know about the other things - thankfully.

I'm not defending the man, but he was not about being practical. Practicality was not a virtue in TWI-land. My experience was that practicality was a sign of lack of believing. So the more outlandish an idea, the better it was from a believing perspective.